electric supercharger

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  electric supercharger

what is the deal with these electric superchargers? im sure there no hot shizit or anything but they look like they could be worth $125. what do you think? also can i leave the thing boosting non stop while im driving, will that not strain my battery too much?

posted by  bebopin64

Well considering it says they draw like 2-3 amps, I would not recommend getting them. You may get like 1PSI or so out of it but it definatly isn't worth it for the money. You may gain like 5hp or so from it but thats on a good day. Any good electric turbo will draw over 30/40 amps. There is just no way you can get that little fan to spin at 20k RPM with 2 amps, not to mention the thing is made out of plastic(now that shows quality don't it?)

posted by  Golddragoner

HAHA my friend bougt one of those damned electric superchargers... what a moron!
--biggest waste of money i have ever seen. Ti showed almost 0 gains, only thing it did do was make it sound better at high RPMs...

posted by  3geclipse13087

cool it sounds like a winner. it doesnt matter though I just got a full sponsorship so I think I will buy a real turbocharger.

posted by  bebopin64

Now you are talking, don't go for the cheap imitations...get a real one(good turbos are around $2-3000) for just the turbo.

posted by  Golddragoner

I just got an $11000 sponsorship from some crappy law firm (doin good advirtising so far huh) and I figure after my custom sound system setup I will have like $9000 left. What should I get with $9000?

posted by  bebopin64

For $2,000, I can fly down, to where you live, and learn how to, then execute the installation of 2 turbos in your car, and I'll ride around with you, and be your Navi :laughing:

Seriously though, turbo :thumbs:

BTW What are you doing for that $11 Grand?...Can't you just get a new car?

posted by  chris_knows

I am putting a giant decal on the side of my car, wearing a t shirt, and handing out pamphlets at car shows for $11000. so if i spend $2000 on a nice turbo that leaves me with $7000 to waste on a high school students car.

posted by  bebopin64

Do you get to ever take the shirt off?...I'm planning on getting a sponsorship when I get a car too though...

posted by  chris_knows

whenever i take pictures for ghm...I mean no i never take it off. Its not really that hard to get sponsored if you have a solid sales pitch. All they care about is getting out more than they put in.

posted by  bebopin64

T-r-a-s-h

posted by  newyorker

what?

posted by  bebopin64

Electric superchargers are trash he said lol

posted by  chris_knows

oh yeah...duh. the more i looked at them the more i wante to smack myself for actually allowing myself to hope something so cheap could boost my hp.

posted by  bebopin64

Its OK we all make mistakes.

posted by  newyorker

Yes you should slap yourself. Snakeoil technology at it's finest.

posted by  Wally

Your Message