gsx specs

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  gsx specs

anybody know the stock top speed of a 5-speed 1999 eclipse gsx?

posted by  Guns_10

Way faster than what is legal on a public road... so don't worry about it punkin.

posted by  Bino

turbo awd? probably around 140 to 155 limited

but im not even sure hp ratings and stuff, it just sounds right to me

posted by  nighthawk

Who cares. What you should be thinking about is 0-60, because if your doing top speed in a GSX your gunna get your license revoked or killed. Acceleration is all that should matter because thats all you can do when it comes to domestic raceing.

posted by  Metallica3491

You dont have to be going fast to be driving dangerously! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

If your doing 120 down the freeway do you honestly think a cop cares how safe u drive?

posted by  Metallica3491

I dont know if im gonna beat cliffy to this or not,

but yes, the cop will care much more because your also speeding

posted by  nighthawk

Yes thats the point im bringing across. It doesnt matter if ur a safe driver. If your speeding your speeding.

posted by  Metallica3491

yeah├├├Θ∟⌂╥

posted by  nighthawk

What????

Doing a 0-60 run is also going to be illegal and get your license revoked. The only place you can really do a 0-60 run and not break the speed limit is on a highway on-ramp, where you have to come to a dead stop, in which you are holding up traffic, which is illegal. And, you're recklessly driving if you're running at WOT. Acceleration is just as illegal as top speed.

Don't quite know what you mean by "Domestic Racing"...

posted by  Godlaus

Raceing period is illegal. The point im saying is the only thing you should care about is accelerateing because thats the real rush in driveing. You are right doing a 0-60 run is illegal on public streets but im just saying what u should focus on is going from 0-60 on the highway on ramps cause thats the real rush. At leaste for me. For some people maybe its not.

posted by  Metallica3491

what matters is 30-50, 50-70, that sort of midrage thing.

you dont NEED to launch from the stoplight and get to 45mph in 4 seconds. but you may NEED to get (on a highway) up to passing speed as quickly as possible, if you want to get around someone.

and actually godlaus, i know of plenty of places that have stoplights turning onto onramps, so 0-60 would be important at that time. :wink2:

"Raceing period is illegal."

i KNOW* you mean street racing. if i didn't, i'd probably do something like what vwhobo would predictably do, and point out that there are professional racing leagues all around the world, and then call you an idiot in a few different ways. but honestly, i can't say he'd be wrong to do so. :laughing: and it's "racing", not "raceing".

*and by "know," i mean, "i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're not a moron"

posted by  pik_d

I thank you for that. Yes i know professional racing is legal. Im just saying the important thing is acceleration, not top speed.

posted by  Metallica3491

so that top speed of 175mph on the evo really has no place next to the 3.5s 0-60mph time?

posted by  pik_d

Did my above statement fly completely over your head? I was saying that sprinting wrecklessley from 0-60mph out in open...on the road etc, can be just as dangerous as speeding down the highway at a license losing speed! Infact, a Police Officer might be more forgiving on you for speeding down a highway at 120mph if it's 3am, rather than if you're doing a 0-60 sprint in a Supermarket carpark at the same time of day!

posted by  Cliffy

Did u even read what i put.

Last time i checked it was legal to do 0-60 and over 60 on the highway. Maybe where u live the speed limit doesnt go up that high but in most places in america the speed limit often goes higher than 60mph.

Also did i ever say i was gunna do 0-60 in a parking lot?

posted by  Metallica3491

Hmmmm.....

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message