4WS Honda Prelude

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  4WS Honda Prelude

has anyone had any probs with their 4WS on their prelude? i just got mine and im just tryin to be aware. u guys can post general comments about preludes, just to give me more info...thankx

posted by  jdubya

I didn't even know they had that.

posted by  VG30DE

I've never had one so I haven't had any problems with it. I dunno if you know how it works? anyway, it bassically turns the rear wheels in the opposite direction to the front to aid cornering stability, it feels really strange when going round roundabouts lol (although if you're in the US you wont have much experience with them I imagine lol). I think the rear wheels also turn in the same direction as the front wheels when travelling above a certain speed, to aid lane changing too!

posted by  Cliffy

They had 4ws on certain 3rd/4th generation Preludes and on non-usdm 5th gen Preludes (88-91,92-96,97-01 respectively).

It was fully mechanical (on the 3rd gen, 4th gen was made electronic) and improved handling slightly supposedly, but also added weight (it came as an option on the Si models). Many people forget the Prelude was an EXCELLENT handling car, surpassing many cars in handling. Here's a quote I found...

I also found this quote...

Not too shabby that it was named the best handling car under $30k and was FWD.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Your Message