eclipse gst vs. 3000gt

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  eclipse gst vs. 3000gt

me and a few buddys are debating.. what car would win in a race.. quarter mile, or mile race.
a stock 97-99 eclipse gst, or a stock 95 3000gt SL?

posted by  Guns_10

3kgt:2cents:

posted by  O-P-ET

GST by far.

3000GT SL is very heavy.

posted by  thunderbird1100

Yes, I would also place my bets on the Eclipse. I would, however, rather have a 3000GT.

posted by  hondaman

eclipse, but the 3kgt should get a head start, you allways give the fat kids headstarts...

posted by  ride3k

Why dont we just look them up?
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

posted by  OombaIsBack

According to that a 95 Eclipse GS (non turbo) is just as quick as a 3000GT SL (16.4 vs. 16.6 1/4 mile).

posted by  thunderbird1100

eclipse would win but this is really an unfair matchup.. It's a Turbo eclipse vs the base 3kgt. More fair would be ECLIPSE GSX vs 3kgt VR4

posted by  V-Tec

And I think the 3kgt would take it despite weighing about 600 pounds more...

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Are these auto or stick?

posted by  newyorker

Well, the VR4 comes only as a 6 speed manual as far as I know. The GSX comes as a 5 speed manual or a 4 speed auto as far as I know. For the interest of fairness, I guess we have to compare the 5 speed version.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

gst by far

posted by  glagon1979

we are not talking about the vr4 tho. he asked about a stock 95 3000gt SL.

i really think that this question is redundant. Whether the cars are manual or automatic, it doesnt really matter. you have a light turbo charged car against a heavy non turbo car. Either way, the eclipse will will.

However... what makes the car fast is the driver. if you have a good driver in the 3kgt, and a punk kid that thinks he can drive in the eclipse, the 3kgt, would have a chance.

posted by  Tooyoung225

So I guess if we were comparing a GST to a Mustang GT the GST would win because it has a turbo. Right...

posted by  OombaIsBack

Well, not necessarily. The mustang GT and the Eclipse GST have completely different engines. The GT has a N/A V8, and the GST has a turbo 4cyl. So i think that either one could stand up to eachother. Like i said before, the better driver would win.

posted by  Tooyoung225

Your Message