When is suziki gonna make something cool

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  When is suziki gonna make something cool

For years Suzuki has been making awesome streetbikes that are pretty well top of the line. Despite this their cars are shite. They must have the ability to make something cool so why dont they try as hard to make a car as they do their crotch rockets.

posted by  wishihada911

Isn't there a car prototype from Suzuki with a motorbike engine?

posted by  Cliffy

How about the Suzuki Swift GTi? The geo metro was teh GM version of the Swift, but Geo never sold the 4 cyl, DOHC version, with the good suspension and racing seats that the Suzuki had. Fun little cars that you still see at autocrosses. In Japan and Europe, they also have a small 2 seat sports car in the kei class called the Cappuccino. Basically a 660cc Miata, and from what I hear, a ton of fun.

posted by  ChrisV

I'm sorry but swifts are shite.. This "lad" at collage has one, its a whole 1 litre (pretty much half of my cars displacement) and is a bag of crap.. Just like it's owner.. The 1.3 GTi's are quicker and can be pretty fast but are nothing compared to a good full sized car with a good full sized engine.. Anyway, Suzuki have a prototype with 4 GSXR 1000 engines in it.. one for each wheel.. Bout 800 bhp and 600 kg.. Sound pretty good?

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

that sounds like a pretty sweet car. In grand turismo 3 there is a Suzuki rally car with around 1000 hp and a huge spoiler. It sounds kind of like the car you are describing.
Where can i find some information about that car?

posted by  wishihada911

after a little research, the suzuki escudo that youre thinking is nothing but an extremely modified suzuki sidekick... wierd? not really most of the hardcore race cars use modified frames that dont look quite like the original

posted by  mazda6man

I disagree. I had a Swift GTi. Light, fun, agile. They make great little race cars. There are a couple in Australia doing 12s in the quarter (one of which is also AWD). It isn't the same car as a basic Swift or Geo Metro (which you guys didn't get.) Kind of like how the Ford festiva/Kia Pride can be a great race car with a little work, precisely because it's light. Sure they feel a bit tinny, but that's how you get a car that light.

And small engines in light cars have been a staple of Euorpean sports cars for many decades. Mini Cooper 1275s were very similar. But they didn't have the brakes and engine that the Swift GTi had...

posted by  ChrisV

Yeah, i see your point entirely but i just prefer bigger cars to ones like the swift. I would much rather have a beetle as a light car then a swift, purely because of the statement that the swift makes about yourself. As with everything, its just my opinion, it may very well be wrong but it's just how i feel... :thumbs:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

I recently read a review of a new suzuki called the verona. Its similar to the
accord or camry but it uses an inline 6. It gets like 155 hp which isn't great but anycar with an inline 6 can't be all bad. :thumbs:

posted by  wishihada911

It can be if it is made by Suzuki!

posted by  StiMan

I'll use my old saying here...."dont knock it till you've tried it"

posted by  Cliffy

Ok...ok...I will admit I have never even ridden in a Suzuki, but over here they look really lame...they made the Samurai which is perhaps the most dangerous vehicle in the world...I just dont like what I here...but I will admit I shouldnt bash before I have tried them...The Escudo is very nice tho....it is very nice on GT3....

posted by  StiMan

All 350mph of when set up right :hi: , oh...a little off topic here, but on the US version of GT3 is the speedo read in mph? the european version still has to make do with kph Grrrr

posted by  Cliffy

MPH....350 mph??? Ru serious??? That is frieken fast!

posted by  StiMan

Sorry, I lied, I just checked my records and at the moment the most I've had out of it is 474kph which translates to 296mph....still quite quick though :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

When and where did it go that fast?

posted by  StiMan

Where else other than the Test track would you get a car going that fast on GT3?....nowhere :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

ive dont over 500mph... yes mph... its all how you set up the car...
its pretty crazy, nose pints straight up, and the speedo climbs and climbs
il just say funky suspension setup

posted by  mazda6man

Am I reading this right or is an interpreter needed. 500 mph indeed. :doh:

posted by  vwhobo

So you've done over 800kph?

posted by  Cliffy

theres some suspension setup i found on a website that lets you get the speedo up to 500+ dont remember the website though... you also gatta have the gears set up for the longest possible (if i remember right)

posted by  mazda6man

Let me restate my last post as simply as possible. Huh?

posted by  vwhobo

You are now speaking to the GT3 MASTER! haha, Just kidding but it is my favorite game easily. I have gotten a viper, the escudo, the vertigo race car, and the jaguar xj220 to over 300mph, but never 500. I have heard about the setup that will get your car to practically get off the ground, but 500mph seems a bit much.

Oh yea, suzuki did have a car come out with some motorcycle engine in it, I'm not sure what it was called but I'm pretty sure its online, try supercars.net

posted by  Integra_LS

Oh, you guys are talking about a video game. Sorry, I thought we were dealing in real life. Nevermind.

posted by  vwhobo

hahahaha, you're awesome hobo.

On GT3 I believe my top speed reached was a little over 1000 mph. yes, that's right, and no, it's not a typo. 1000mph! It's all in the suspension and gear ratio setup on the Toyota GT1 (The red toyota supercar)

posted by  Satty101

Thats ridiculous.
gt3 advertises itself as being the most realistic racing game. for the most part i guess it is but 1000mph is just stupid.
even so I still cant wait for gt4 to be released.

posted by  wishihada911

You cant go that fast on the game! I have it and it is impossible!

posted by  StiMan

Riding IN a Suzuki is a bit crap, but riding ON a Suzuki is an entirely diffrent concept.. :smoke: :thumbs: Try it, you'll never think the same of Suzuki again... I recommend the GSXR 1000 ( :drool: ) for maximum impact.... :orglaugh: :hi: :orglaugh: :ticking:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

I strapped myself onto the top of a Samurai once. It was fun till we rolled it over. This is a true story. :screwy:

posted by  vwhobo

Here we are girls and boys, two living cases of riding on a Suzuki is better than being in one.. :thumbs: Except i would say that mine had a considerably better ending.. Unless you like that sort of thing.. :screwy: So did you get hurt?

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Define hurt, I've been in two comas, been read last rights a few times and broken about half of the bones in my body at least once. My definition may be different than yours. Suffice it to say mind altering chemicals were involved, it didn't feel good but I didn't visit the hospital that night.

posted by  vwhobo

That is because a Samurai is like the most dangerous vehicle next to the Pinto and Crown Victoria! Gotta love Being Built Ford Tough! Lol! :hi: :mrgreen: :thumbs: :laughing:

posted by  StiMan

WOW. *stunned silence...*

posted by  SuperJew

Esh! So I guess you have made your doctors rich! :hi: :laughing: :thumbs:

posted by  StiMan

Thank god for mind altering substances ! :smoke: :orglaugh:

But :fu: suzuki!

posted by  Integra_LS

Thank God, we have the NHS...not that I'd attempt to ride ON...or IN for that matter...a Samurai when it rolls you understand :hi:..as for GT3, I'd like the next 'Real Driving Simulator' to include Reverse lights on the cars and Citroen Xantias where the front wheels lock up when you push the hand brake button :smoke:

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah and there could be a clutch button and an ignition button :mrgreen: I don't like how it makes out that turbos cancel out other engine modifications and superchargers aren't available for the cars that don't have the option of having turbos installed. I'd like the option of having more cosmetic modifications as well. Last but not least, I'd like to be able to have drag races.

posted by  snoopewite

I ought to start a new thread about the myth of the exploding Pinto... it's something I've put considerable study into, after having owned and raced a couple (the first one of which had been hit in the rear, and didn't explode, or even catch on fire...). The Crown Vic situation is similar.

And while the Suzuki Swift GTi may be owned by total wankers over in England, over here they tend to be considered great little autocrossers, and very few people even know they exist. They certainly aren't crap.

posted by  ChrisV

R u sure? I mean they have been proven that they explode...I mean not everytime, but more often then most...

posted by  StiMan

Yeah, wankers alright. All of them think their in a race whenever they get into the car, sadly they don't seem to know who wiv or why.. :banghead: :screwy: :banghead: :cussing:

posted by  R34RB30DETTV

Actually it's been proven quite the opposite.

The original statement and lawsuit was brought about by Mother Jones Magazine, in '78, and spearheaded by a guy named Byron Bloch. This guy is a paid "expert witness" for numerous legal entities, and is behind a lot of dubious "safety exposes" such as the GM sidesaddle tank issue in GM trucks, and the Audi Unintended Accelleration hoax. the original Pinto fire controversy started in a case where two people died when theri pinto, which was parked on teh side of the road, was rear ended by a guy in a Chevy van doing abo9ut 50-60 mph (and looking down on the floor for a cassette). While that car did burst into flame, the fact that the autopsy showed the people died on impact from the whiplash was ignored.

Long after teh hype died down, a 1992 Rutgers Law study by Gary Schwartz found that ther ewere only 27 known cases of Pintos exploding, not the thousands that Mother Jones magazine claimed. Out of 10 years of production and a couple million cars sold, the safety record appeared to be the same as other cars of it's era.

There HAS been video of a supposedly secret test that showed the Pinto exploding on impact. In fact, the video is from an older university study of what would happen in a fire caused by an impact. But, since fires of that type are extremely rare, the study used an incendiary device to blow up the Pinto when it got hit. that's normal in a study of that sort, and wouldn't be an issue, except that the people purporting it to be a secret test neglect to mention that fact.

The same people got in trouble when they did the same thing to show how GM trucks explode when hit from the side on NBC's Dateline.

I guess I should make a post about this in the Domestics section.

posted by  ChrisV

Well you know your stuff....

posted by  StiMan

hey every 1 i got a swift. basic old 95 swift. the thing is quick off the line and its still all factory. i am looking for upgrades if n e of you know where to find or who to talk to.

posted by  hooker18

the MK 1 ford exploder is the most dangerous legal production pasenger vehicle in the world. If you have one lieing aroung and dont mind fitting a roll cage ill show you how you can roll one at 35mph!

posted by  cinqyg

Well its worse in the usa becuase the fines arent high enough not implementing a factory recall. If its proven that a car company knew about a serois safty issue, anything to do with braking, fuel, steering, seatbelts you name it. and they dont do a recall becuase they think its to expencive. then they can have there licence seized and whole euro operation closed until the fine has been paid.

They are also legally bound to pay all there workers at full rate while they sort it out. pushes most of the car companies over the edge as to what to sort out. Most cars in there lifetime willhave 2 or 3 recalls as things are discovered.

posted by  cinqyg

The swift is and ok car, in terms of something light and fast, motorbike style, then honda used one of its super bike engines in a car called the honda beat. they are midengined rear wheel drive, ~110 bhp, 2 seater covertable. very nice car but there isnt much lugage space.

there is a big industry over here using super bike engines in kit cars, these are all small and light alloy/steel space frame and monocoque composite chasis construction. One of them holds the record as the fasted acelarating production car in the world. They use two engines one to drive the front wheels and one driving the rear. ~180bhp stock engines, 6 speed seqential padel shift gearboxes total car weight sub 1000lb. There is also a version being built as we speek using 4 motor bike engines but with a new sump section cast to turn them into 60 degree V8's, each V8 has a 2litre diplacement putting out 380bhp the engines called the cyclone. The car should weigh in with 1000+bhp/ton, all wheel drive, thats before any nitros has been added.

I wanted to come to the usa and build a proper british sports car, light weight, "small" well by american standards engine or engines that goes around courners. i think it would be so cool to pull up in a really small sports car and thrash some muscle cars.

So if any one wants to have a go and has a month to build one then get in touch.

posted by  cinqyg

Another new engine:

http://www.motopower.co.uk/brochure/firehawkv8.pdf

www.cyclonepowerltd.co.uk

theres a 3 litre version

http://www.radicalmotorsport.com/news_folder/v8/index.php

posted by  cinqyg

Your Message