What's a good drift car from the 70's & 80's?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What's a good drift car from the 70's & 80's?

do not include the
ae86
240sx
s13
supra
japanese cars only
you can drift with leaf springs right?

posted by  machspeed

you can drift with leaf springs....there is no law against it:laughing: :doh:

Id say the Ae86, not too expensive, good on gas I would guess

and can be made really fast.

I think they look great too, especially the hatchback ones

posted by  nighthawk

He said not to include the AE86, cant think why though.....I'd probably pick that one, too!

posted by  Cliffy

I think
we already
prove that ANY
car can
drift
:thumbs:

:laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

i myself like the 1st generation celica
the reason why i ask the question bout the leaf springs and drifting is that it looks like the leaf springs look like they dont flex as well as coil overs, they look like they wont make the car slide very well, just grip
thats what i think though

posted by  machspeed

I have to agree, Celica Supra MKI's and MKII's would make good drifting platforms given your criteria.

What about a Skyline R32 GTS-T platform?? I believe the GTS came in a FR layout as opposed to the FA layout found in the GTR. That would make an awesome drifting machine. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

240zx:thumbs:
http://c-it.com/chandler/71dat/img002.jpg

http://www.1motormart.com/gallery/71dat01.jpg

posted by  TurboLag

Nice, I can't believe I forgot about the Datsun :doh: .

posted by  elchango36

In FWD its called ass-dragging

posted by  OombaIsBack

I guess I worded it wrong, any RWD/AWD vehicle can drift, and any FWD vehicle can ass drag (with some modifications lol)...

posted by  chris_knows

My car can't even ass drag. My parking brake is the rear calipers.

****ing Mazda.

posted by  OombaIsBack

Every car I've ever seen has the parking brakes in the rear.

posted by  x1/9-rally

Can't believe you missed out the FC3S

posted by  fudge

Citroen put the handbrake operation on the front of some of it's cars, for example, the Xantia! Only trouble is that you could apply the handbrake at the top of a hill after just having driven it, and it would be at the bottom of the hill when you return to it, because the operation is on the disc/pad setup and obviously the discs marginally reduce in size as they cool down!

posted by  Cliffy

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

posted by  elchango36

yeah a turbo FC wouldn't be a bad drifter. i guess you can also say the 300zx then too.

posted by  moostang104314

But not all use the calipers. Most have independent drums which serve as the ebrake. So basically, if my brakes go out, the ebrake is useless because it just uses the caliper! It doesn't grip hard at all. Its exactly like pressing the brake just enough for the rear brakes to work.

posted by  OombaIsBack

Now there's a sweet 80's drift/project car waiting to happen ...Clicky (http://stlouis.craigslist.org/car/149311622.html)
Just throw a 3S-GTE in that bitch and you're good to go:wink2: (or how about an SR20DET?).

posted by  elchango36

Damit 2x POST :banghead:

posted by  elchango36

um .... toyota trueno ... its a very decent car and got good dimensions for drifting

posted by  lamboluver

Your Message