Quick Question...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Quick Question...

Would a '95 Prelude share componets(especially the engine) with an Accord, Civic, or niether? A quick Goggle search didn't yeild any results.

posted by  jedimario

I'd think so, what kind of components are we talking about?

I know the b series engines share compenents with each other, but I don't know about the other series or if they can share between series.

posted by  GreekWarrior

what u mean by that? if u are asking is the prelude engien swapable into the civic and accord then the question is yes... the h22 is a popular swap... thats all i can tell u since i dunno what are u really asking

posted by  V-Tec

It depends on what type of Prelude. The type S (base model) came with the SOHC F22A1 found in the 90-93 Accord. The Si version of the Prelude came with the H23A1 which only came in the Prelude (not sure if parts from the F22B from the JDM Prelude Si would work). Some suspension parts from the 4th and 5th gen Accord are swapable. :2cents:

I hope that helped :wink2: .

posted by  elchango36

What do you mean?? You can only share componets with one series. B-series engines can only share parts with b-series engines. You can't share H-series engine parts with a D-series engine. I'm not sure if this is what you meant?? your post wasn't very clear.

posted by  elchango36

Yeah I know now that i read it, it isn't that clear :doh: haha :laughing: but basicly i meant what you said. :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Lol, just making sure:wink2: .

posted by  elchango36

Well, actually, for some reason carpoint.com doesn't have reliability ratings for Preludes, and I have some interest in a '95 Si. I was seein if I could look at the ratings for the Accord or Civic to see about the Prelude. Guess not.

posted by  jedimario

Its a Honda, you'll never get straight answers about how good or bad it is from the auto industry, since theyre all in Honda's pocket. I can guarantee all ratings for it are good.

posted by  OombaIsBack

:roll: :screwy: The ratings are good because they are good cars (as much as you hate to agree).

posted by  elchango36

Have you tried getting actual Prelude owner's feedback?? Hop on a couple of Prelude forums and see if you can spot any common complaints. Or just ask.:2cents:

posted by  elchango36

Hondas do tend to be reliable. My 98 lude hasn't given me much trouble at all. I'd also recomment looking at some prelude forums.

posted by  Vlad

Your Message