'89 Accord CD player

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  '89 Accord CD player

Anyone know if Honda makes a CD player or changer for an '89 Accord? Can't find anyhting with Google, and I'd like to keep my car as original as possible. Thanks in advance!

posted by  jedimario

I believe Honda didn't offer a CD player in the Accord untill the 4th gen (90-93).:2cents:

posted by  elchango36

You could always get a Cassette to CD Adapter, it's removable, and interchangeable between cars, just plug one end into a headphone jack from a portable CD player, and put the tape in the deck :thumbs:

http://shopping.search.ch/images/products/large/ddd/conrad-323268-cd-adapte r-cassette.jpg

posted by  chris_knows

Or you could just get an aftermarket CD player:wink2:

posted by  elchango36

But he wants to keep his car as original as possible lol...IMO an aftermarket CD player would be better too though :2cents:

posted by  chris_knows

I understand that, but if he wants a quality sound+cd player capabilities, he should get an aftermarket HU.:2cents:

posted by  elchango36

So I guess it's all up to him then lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Yeah...but you see...we don't exactly have a portable CD player, and I don't wanna spend money on one lol. The sound system in that car sounds pretty good (at least to me) when I listen to the radio, so maybe I'll just find a changer somewhere. Thanks for the help!

posted by  jedimario

Let's just do the math on this one kids. Purchasing a used factory head unit for this car is going to cost $50-$100 (I just checked, you MIGHT get it cheaper on eBay). For that price you get a part that has had questionable treatment, essentially no warranty and is 17ish years old. You can buy a cheap new AM/FM/CD for under $50 theses days. I personally just purchased three Kenwood KDC-132s for some shop vehicles for $69 a piece.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2005/113/h113KDC132-f_mt.jpeg

Now I realize that that unit will not win a stereo competition anytime soon, but... I sounds a hell of a lot better than a factory radio and is brand new to boot. Unless for some reason you're doing a 100 point stock restoration on your car, it only makes sense to upgrade to something with a little newer technology.

posted by  vwhobo

Well seeing as it's been estblished that there isn't a CD head unit availible, it doesn't really matter does it? I'd rather have a changer in the trunk and see my stock radio than something like this-
http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2005/113/h113KDC132-f_mt.jpeg
So I'll guess I'll just have to figure out if it's worth it.

posted by  jedimario

go on to crutchfield.com and they have a listing of all the parts for cars ... im sure they would have something that would work ... if not im sure you could get something installed that would work just fine ... and there is always the adapter

posted by  lamboluver

if your so concerned about keeping it very original why not just keep it stock... make abig fuss about a cd player, go get a portable cd player from walmart for 20 bucks and get the cd - tape converter for 10 bucks, then just hide the cd player lol

posted by  Stem

Your Message