New car

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  New car

I've had her for a while now just never posted it up. I bought a 1989 Honda Prelude Si about a month ago for 1400. Runs strong with a B20. Problems I need to fix are theres no electrical on the passenger door so the window doesn't go up or down and the the needles for my gauges don't light up at night. I need to cover up the holes where the wing used to be and buy new trim for the back windshield and two quarter side windows. I have a few more side projects with it and then I'll post up more pics of it.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/Spanky2324/04-22-06_1913.jpg

posted by  Spanky2324

Sweet, I kinda want an older Prelude for a beater car. :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

Nice...but only a B20? Seems like it'd have at least a good of an engine as my Accord.

posted by  jedimario

:screwy:
IMO= B series > F series

The only problem I see with the B20A is the fact that parts aren't swappable as they are between other B series engines.

BTW Spanky, is your B20 SOHC or DOHC?

posted by  elchango36

It's got an A20A3 engine. Isn't that A-series?

posted by  jedimario

Nice car! I bought a 1986 Prelude of my Dad. It was only a 1.8litre 12-valve model (not sure about engine codes as I'm sure I've mentioned on prior occassions lol.....), which was quick enough but obviously not as quick as 2.0 and 2.2litre varients! Spanky, does your car have 4WS?

posted by  Cliffy

Yup it has 4ws and yeah it's a dual cam.

posted by  Spanky2324

Meaning he has a Prelude S or Si or an engine swap.

posted by  elchango36

With V-Tec:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

Yeah but isn't an A20 higher-end than a B20?

posted by  jedimario

What makes you say that? The B20 was modernized A20. The fuel injected A20 puts out 120hp stock while the B20A is good for 160hp stock.

So you have VTEC, but is it SOHC or DOHC?

posted by  elchango36

lol..

posted by  chris_knows

That's just what I've been asking you for the entire thread, which engine was better :laughing:

A friend explained to me that the A engines were better than the Bs, Bs better than Cs, ect. Guess he was wrong?

posted by  jedimario

As answered before but I guess you didn't see it, it is DOHC

posted by  Spanky2324

4WS is four-wheel-steering right?

that must take some getting used to....
I also wonder why more cars dont have it

posted by  nighthawk

its not as hard as you think. its just like driving a normal car.

posted by  glagon1979

Yeah pretty much. It's not like driving a forklift. Hey glagon Bloodhound Gang is awesome:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

I agree! they're fun on roundabouts...kinda strange though!

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message