Buying

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Buying

Im picking up my new car wednesday

1992 impreza with 112k miles 5 spd I think its a 2.5 liter

I am kind of unknown to subarus's
I hacen't even sen it yet friend of my dad was selling it and Its like a gift I suppose to me.
Im not a big subaru fan.
Well see how it turns out.
So whats the general consensus on that year impreza trying to learn something about it before I get it.

posted by  Aondor

I assume you intended the title to read 'Buying' and not 'byuing'? lol...coz I edited it for you...Congrats on the car though. I moved this thread, too! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

Thanks cliffy.
Ill post pics of my new car soon.
Is this a good car?

posted by  Aondor

Subarus are generally reliable and from the reviews I've read about it, it's a good car. Can't wait for pics :hi:

posted by  chris_knows

im a fan of subaru's
Id say its going to be a pretty good car for sure if its 4wheel drive
:2cents:

posted by  nighthawk

No probs! A freind of mine has a Legacy (Jap spec) and it's given him a little grief to say the least lol. I think the engines on earlier Subarus were alot better in the US though!

posted by  Cliffy

Its a nice car.

Now turbo it already!

posted by  Zalight

I agree, I've driven a non-turbo Impreza of that era and although this was only a 1.8litre and far from a rocket ship, It sure was gutless, I'm guessing the 2.5litre will be a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing, but even so, get her turbo'd up! (I'm assuming they didn't put Turbos on imprezas that early on, unless it was something special?)....Tell me, does it have wheel trims? lol

posted by  Cliffy

im sure I could junkyard turbo her pretty cheap

posted by  Aondor

Your Message