When do you think a Yaris will be under 5 grand?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  When do you think a Yaris will be under 5 grand?

I mean, 40 mpg?!? I'm drooling, here!! :laughing: I'm thinking depreciation-wise, when it becomes a used car, and all. Opinions welcome.

posted by  JaneiR36

probably now :laughing:

i just think they're the ugliest new cars ive ever seen :2cents:

posted by  nighthawk

at first glance I thought it looked like a new corolla

I don't know the whole deal about the dot in the commericals though

posted by  salimander13

It IS a Toyota...they haven't exactly been puttin out pretty cars lately.

posted by  jedimario

2-3 and half year depending on mileagr or you could probly find one that was wrecked maybemissing a front clip or something for 5 k with in this year probly

posted by  Aondor

They're so cheap, and if you can afford a $5000 car, you can probably use that as a downpayment and finance it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I wouldn't call the Yaris ugly...Not the best looking car, but far from ugly.

Seeing how in Britain the Yaris has been around since 1999, and they can be had for about 3,500 pounds, which is about $6,400...But they cost 8,500 pounds ($15,500) (new) there, and here it's $12,500 (6,800 pounds) for a new one...so in about 3 or 4 years or so lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I was just about to say that...is the Yaris new in the US then?....isn't it called the Vitz in some places?

posted by  Cliffy

Yeah, came out for 2006...But there weren't any around where I live until April lol.

Never heard of a Vitz BTW lol

posted by  chris_knows

Niether had I untill I played GT4 for the first time lol....I assumed it was a US/Canada/Jap thing?

posted by  Cliffy

What's a front clip? The Camry I drive right now was restored from a wreck. Cars like that may run fine, but then they start having structural problems that can be expensive to repair. If the damage seems mostly cosmetic, though, I could get with it :laughing: It could also be a project of sorts.

My problem with buying used cars is you can just about never count on full disclosure. The person is trying to sell it, afterall.

Pontiacfan, my take on pay now / pay later is either way, you're paying. Job security is also really not certain these days; I personally will think long and hard before ever financing an expensive item.

posted by  JaneiR36

well just because they are trying to "sell it" in ur post above this, doesnt mean there is something wrong with it. Toyotas last forever if taken care of, and the front clip is just the front end of the car, with the motor in it, usually taken off of a wrecked car. 40mpg is nice, my toyota celica gets about 35 to the gallon, going 16 miles a day one tank will last 4 weeks

posted by  dsmracersv98

I will help you

http://www.kartek.com/prod-windows/truck/fiberglass/ktk-51600glass.jpg

this would be the front clip of a vw baja bug :thumbs:
basically the front end, sheetmetal, fiberglass, etc etc

posted by  nighthawk

Really? I think the new Camry actually looks really good.

posted by  giant016

reminds me of a transformer/lump of something melting

:laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

I understand you trust the manufacturers, but there's still the human element involved. Personally, if I were selling my car I probably wouldn't mention EVERYTHING that was wrong with it. Maybe give you a vague idea of sorts, but listing every single bell and whistle that's wrong with it isn't exactly an ad for selling the car, IMO.

posted by  JaneiR36

well that may be your opinion, but what if i had sold my eclipse and not told the person buying it that it had a blown headgasket, i see where you're coming from though

posted by  dsmracersv98

I think they are MUCH better looking than the Echo. The Echo was just hideous, this one is at least vaguely appealing.

posted by  Mathew

Is a used Prius totally out of the question? :laughing: If I'm drooling at 40 mpg, I might as well spring for 55. I only want to pay 5 grand, too. Oh, yeah!!

posted by  JaneiR36

if you're worried about the yaris being ugly why not get a honda fit? they're ALMOST the same price, and have near equal fuel economy

posted by  azureblayze

A used Prius would probably be a bit too pricy at the moment...especially given that hybrid technology is still fairly new in itself!

posted by  Cliffy

If you want stellar gas millage get an 80's civic or accord. Honestly the yaris/fit wont be under 5k for awhile now because the just dont depreciate.

posted by  skeetin870

try this, the AutoTrader http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

posted by  True_Brit

I think this (autotrader.com) would be a bit more convenient :wink2: lol

posted by  chris_knows

sort of the same aint they!!!

(choose mine:mrgreen: )

posted by  True_Brit

Your Message