1992-1995 honda hatch what should i do first to get the most bang for my buck?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  1992-1995 honda hatch what should i do first to get the most bang for my buck?

im planning to get this car as my first car im 16 and i really like hatches and their potential especially this yea with all the engine swaps and the versatility of the b engine, im a big fan of imports and an appretis mechanic so tools lifts etc. are all at my disposal i just need a little help , so i dont kno werather to build an LS/VTEC engine or what i sould do , should i stick w/ the b16 or what please help tell me if you kno of any bugs and stuff i dont really have money now to screw this car up.

posted by  miatalover3509@

If you have the money for boost, defintely go with the LS/VTEC. If your looking for something more daily drivable, any B series swap esp. the B16 will do just fine (believe me, I have one). You also might want to look into an H series swap. With the growing popularity of the K series swap (and the ridiculous price), the H series is becoming a little more affordable (not to mention you get +200 hp from the get-go). Of course all this takes MONEY, time, love, sweat, and tears. One of the important things to remember when building something on a budget is to be patient. You'll save a lot of money by doing most of the work yourself. And if you don't know how to do something, there's plenty of people on forums who have done whatever it is you'll be attempting. The Civic is a great first car and the hatchy is an awesome platform. Good Luck with whatever you decide to do. :thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

hey i really appreceate ur writing back , shud i get with an h22 or a h23a1, or what and plus how do i go about getting parts for an my car when i have an engine swap , im looking to build a mag car nor just some lil ricer so u kno if im going to do somthin i mind as do the engine first before doin the other stuff that might not even fit after the engine swap u kno

posted by  miatalover3509@

H22. You can find parts for Hondas all over the place. Check out SummitRacing.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Um, ok, think about it. If you have a B18C5 from an Integra type R, engine parts for a 95 civic are useless since you don't have a flimsy d series under the hood anymore. Basically you look up stuff thats approriate for your application. The only thing that's tricky is full exhaust systems, as you want to get that for your car, not your engine. As for H22 vs. H23a1, H22 since the H23A1 is Vtec-less( I believe). The real question is, what engine can you afford to drop in? (please be realistic) Don't just think of engine price, also factor in transmission if not included, motor mounts, ecu, labor, etc.

posted by  elchango36

Your Message