What car would you get if u had 15,000.

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What car would you get if u had 15,000.

i notice allot of threads asking "best car to get under 10k, 5k, 4k, etc.." well i would like to ask what would ur picks be if u were able to afford a brand new 03-04 car under/around 20-15k.. please name a few cars this would be very helpfull for me thx!

(F.Y.I. i am intrested in gettin a 4door car with room where i can easily fit 5 people and also with a sporty touch that i can possibly fix up a lil, a 2 door car would be fine jus aslong it has room.. rite now i have my eyes set on a Mazda 6, Mazda 3, 04 Lancer Ralliart but i heard Mazda engines really suck ass and will give me problems in tha future. i was also offered a brand new 04 Dodge Neon SXT for 10.9k, plz tell me if that is a good price to pay for that car. and if you would get it.) any suggestions would be helpfull! thx!

~(FYI) i dont mind about power and acceleration.. jus aslong it has enough juice for me to overtake sum1 on tha freeway that is doing 65 (QUICKLY!) and flick him off.
~i care about the looks of the car instead, i want sumthin that is roomy and is a "family type car" but at tha same time it is sporty and able to fix up to look real nice.. so far tha mazda 6 is my choice...
~plz also give me some informations of the mazda 6 engines and the Dodge Neon Deal
~i have test droove the mazda 6 v4 engine automatic... i feel it lacks power and is very heavy. everything else is good. both exterior and interior is nice! the interior has so much room!

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

In answer to the thread question...see my sig!!

But I'd probably still have to come up with a bit more that $15k... :thumbs:

posted by  BavarianWheels

im going to have to pass on BMW's

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Nothing wrong with preferring inferior quality... :laughing: It's all about personal opinion...as worded in your thread question.

If I had the money for a new car, I would definately buy a newer model Honda Civic. They are roomier (could easily fit 5 people) and faster than the previous ones. The Civic is by far the best (cheap) street car I've driven, I've had the 1995 model for over 6 years and have NEVER had a part replaced (except for the muffler) yet! Although I like the Preludes and Celica's too, but they wouldn't give you the room you need.

The Honda Accords are supposed to be even nicer, but they are uglier in my opinion. :laughing:

My $.02

posted by  microsplit

in reply to micro... yes i wouldnt mind having a civic.. the 05 civics look kool, or is that the 04's? all i know those latest ones look kool.. but also, i forgot to mention i am avoiding gettin a car that half world owns =)

but what do u guys think of tha Dodge Neon deal and the Mazda 6 , & RSX..

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

mazda 6? dont mind if i do... oh wait, already do

posted by  mazda6man

This is just my personal preference, but I would NEVER EVER buy a car from a domestic manufacturer (Ford, Chevy, etc). Foreign cars (Japanese, British, German) are of higher quality (IMO).

So in other words, I would not buy the neon. I also just hate the neon.

:2cents:

posted by  abless

thx for the preference abless.. so is there any1 out there that thinks tha neon deal is ok?

btw mazda6man.. i hear that mazda engines are very poor quility is that true?

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Since you did say new(er), that does rule out older BMWs. The Neon is a good deal. The newer ones are solidly built cars that work quite well, in fact. The Focus SVT can be had for a good price, and in 5 door form. The Mazdas are good choices, too.

One of my favorite recent 4 door performance cars is the Contour SVT. YOu can get a 2000 model year for under $14k in like new condition. Fast, responsive (one of the best handling stock vehicles I've had the pleasure of driving), comfortable for long trips, etc.

This was my '99:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cvetters3/svt1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cvetters3/bridge4.jpg

posted by  ChrisV

I agreed with your post...untill you mentioned British cars being of a higher quality :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

yes.. im aware of american cars being much lower quality compared to japanese, british, german cars... but is it really true? i mean how do u guys know that for a fact? im sure if we were back in the 80's or 90's yes, im pretty sure that american cars suck ass.. but can u say tha same thing about that now? jus like ChrisV said.. the new ford cars are much better now then they were years ago. is that really true?

~by tha way ChrisV thx for ur suggestion and pictures of your car.. really appreciate it

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

I wouldn't say that American cars are of "much lower quality." And even if you go back to the '70s, when most of them truly sucked in stock form, there were a ton of European and Japanese cars that also sucked hardcore for quality (even if they were fun cars). Early Audi 5000s, Audi Foxes, Fiats, Citroen's, etc all had issues. Fiats and Lancias were made with Russian steel that rusted on the showroom floor (so much so that Lancia went broke buying back rusting Betas from new buyers...). Mid '70s BMWs had a number of issues, themselves, from rust to cracking heads, to major grounding problems. On the japanese side, there were some woefully inadequate cars from Nissan and Toyota, like the Corona Mk II, Datsun F10 and more.

Through the '80s, there were good cars and bad cars from every company. the reputations came from the Japanese giving the appearance of better materials for less money, while the Europeans that survived in the US went up market, in order to charge enough to make the cars have decent materials in them. But judging a basic transportation domestic car against an expensive German luxury car, to prove how crappy American cars is is misleading. While in the '80s and '90s, we got some great Euro cars, we didn't get a whole raft of pretty basic, underpowered, cheaply put together basic European cars, like Fiat Unos, Pandas, Stilos, low end Skodas, Cheap Renaults, and Citroens, etc. And while people love Japanese quality here, we didn't see much of the low end cars that Japan proper gets, from Daihatsu, low end Toyotas, small Nissans, etc.

While I've had many, many Japanese and European cars over the years (and curently have one each American, British, Italian, and German car), the few cars I've bought new have been American, and all have been well built, reliable, and fun.

posted by  ChrisV

hmmmmm i c... thx for the info ChrisV

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

I agree with Chris in that Japan has put out some pretty crappy models too, but as far as sports cars are concerned, I like foreign cars better. I do like the Ford Focus though.

posted by  abless

If I had 15k right now, I would buy a mr2, or a Golf. BUT you asked about the rsx, neon, and mazda6. If I was you, I would go with the Mazda 6. That's a sweet freekin car. Although I truly don't know their specs. Also, I would suggest looking into an older Accord. Cheap buggers and you can make them look nice and even soop them up ALOT with 15k.

posted by  Integra_LS

Any More Suggestions?

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

1985 YUGO-man,with A/C :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

uhh.. next!

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Sorry, didn't go back to read the original post. :oops: NOT :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

i need more suggestions people, plz post some more thread.

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

If u have 15 g's to spend on a car i would say get a 93-95 Mazda Rx7 they are very fast and have better engines, they are rotory and very very smooth. after buying the rx7, get a 20b rotory engine 3 rotor housings intstead of 2 very powerful and rare. trust me u will have a fast car and u will get a lot of attention

posted by  FD3Smaniac

to answer your first question, this is all my personal opinion, but i would get a subaru WRX. i live in colorado and go snowboarding frequently so 4 wheel drive is a must, or in this case AWD. i love suby's though and if i had enough money i would buy one. however, my next choice would be the Nissan SE-R. those are super nice. love the body style. clean and very nice interiors. there's my opinion for ya. good luck with your purchase.

posted by  Shaggy

thx for the suggestion but, as i said.. i am lookin for a 4 door car that can fit 5 easily.. not a race car. wat do u guys think of the lancer ralliart 2004?

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

yeh, i thought about a subaru.. but cancelled it out for the 04 lancer ralliart or the mazda 6. and i thought about the nissan se-r but dont those only come in stick? i plan on gettin an auto.

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

sry bout the whole race car vs 4 door thing didnt really look close enough i was just glancing through the first post. but yea man, gotta stick with the mazda on this, get the mazda 6 they are pretty damn cool never seen them in person but they look like they would be pretty damn sweet

posted by  FD3Smaniac

the thing to do is buy a used car in fairly good condition, oviously you probally know that hondas last forever and can be fixed up fairly cheap, what i would say is look for a civic or accord, civic's a little cheaper and easier to fix. look for one around the year 98 under 60,000 miles proballyt find one anywhere from 10,000 to 5,000 or maybe even cheaper, then with your remainging cash you can fix it up to be better than any of those other cars stock and under the price it would cost to buy one.... I have a 93 civic with 139,000 miles on it bought it for 1900 dollars but i am putting a b18c gen.1 jdm engine it and a turbo, header, exhaust racing seats, body kit etc. after it will probally be around 10-12 grand put in the car and will be one of the fastest and best looking of the cars around were i live. this is just my opinion of what you should do, I know alot of the other threads aren't very straight forward or helpful but i hope this helps you out.... :wink2:

posted by  importfan0103

i test drove a mazda 6 last week.. everything about it is nice except i feel it was a lil heavy and also lacks power... on tha good side, its so god damn nice.. both inside and out... interior is so slick.. u have so much room, and also its jus straight up nice! on the other hand.. i havnt test droove a lancer ralliart, but i check it up on tha net, the price is the same as the mazda6 and its much lighter and also has a stronger engine.. so i dont know.. i gotta check that out..

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

hey thx for the tip... but 1 thing, i dont wanna get a honda.. i have nothing against them.. jus tha fact that i see them everywhere!!.. hondas are gettin boring.. and yeh.. another thing is.. i prefer gettin a 04 car and work through it in tha future instead of buying a fairly old car and fixing it up.. and besides, i dont feel like buying a cheaper car and working on it, seems like its to much hassle

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Acura is prolly the best bet... acura is the best out there but you may need some more money... more like 26-30 so those may be out of your league... but me too so dont worry lol..... the neon would be pretty tight..... i think thats a good price.... you may look into that a little

posted by  Stillalive2029

yeh those acura's are niiiice.. but ur right.. its way out of my price range.. yeh i thought about tha neon.. those 04 sxt look nice.. i seriously think so.. those old neon's that are older than 02's i dont like em... but i wouldnt mind fixin up a 04 sxt neon.

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Out of curiosity, why do you need to have a brand new car? Why not just get one that's one or two years old from a dealer? It'll still be under warranty, and you'll save a couple grand. Or you could put the extra couple grand into a nicer ride. Unless you've got your heart set on a model that didn't exist until this year, there's just no excuse for paying the extra $$$, then have it depreciate a couple grand as soon as you drive it off the lot.

posted by  CivilDisobediet

yeh i only have my heart set on a 04 lancer ralliart or a 04 mazda 6.. i dont like any of tha lancers.. not even tha 03.. i think the 04 lancer looks tha most different... the changed that squarish look on the back.. and also, the 04 mazda 6.. it looks nothing like the 03's there are really big changes..

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

get a Talon dude, a TSi if u can find one, they're turbo and AWD, you wont regret it, you could easily find one thats in perfect condition with low miles for under 7K, and with another 7k you could make it rip shit in half, and they look sick with body kits too, if u like the look of eclipses then you'll like Talons, only Talons look a lil diff, and they are not as girly as an eclipse, and tell a chick that your cars turbo and you'll get some ass fo sho :wink2:

posted by  Talon TSi

ahahahaha.. ill get some ass for having that car eh? lol, keep in mind im lookin for a 4 door car wid lots of room.

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

dude, i can fit 7 dead hookers in the trunk, and 8 in the back seat, its got plenty of room. :smoke:

posted by  Talon TSi

dude, the ralliart is just an evo wannabe, and id stay away from mitsu just in case their current crisis gets outta hand. go for the 6, its good looking, good power, and seats the fam. besides, mazda>>>mitsu imo. also, have you looked at the mazda 3. it appears to me thats its the best in its class. check it out, but either way, you cant lose with mazda.
specs on the 6 http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=national&makeid=3 0&year=2004&modelid=6988

specs on the 3 http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=national&makeid=3 0&year=2004&modelid=7491

The SE-R is smaller than the 6 but its still decent, another worth mentioning is the SRT-4, now that car is a beast. check the link
http://research.cars.com/go/crp/summary.jsp?logtype=6&aff=national&makeid=1 2&year=2004&modelid=6948

hope that helps. :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

<--------Agrees with the other AJ on the forum :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

:thumbs:

btw, how do i become a member of the vwhobo fan club?

posted by  importluva

wow thx for the info and links.. but i gotta ask u, have u ever test droove a mazda 6? phuk both inside and out is so phukkin stylish... the interior has loads of room man.. u can lean tha front seats back and the back passengers would still have plenty of leg room.. interior is so slick! there is one thing tho.. i test droove a v4 mazda6 & for a v4 i feel it lacks power and is pretty heavy.. i know other v4 engine cars that are a bit stronger. the ralliart on the other hand.. i never test droove it ever.. but i know its much lighter and it is slightly a bit more powerfull.. they are both tha same price.. and as for tha mazda 3! i like that too! :thumbs:

~the srt-4 is a bit outta my price range =)

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

The 6 is the largest car that you are considering, but if you are willing to concede the space, i would recommend you get the 3. You can have one fully loaded for less than $20k. Ive test driven the 3, its really really nice.

posted by  importluva

hmmm.. i see.. hey thx for the info! very helpfull.

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Supra or RX7

posted by  Punk_ZER0

"AGAIN" I AM LOOKIN FOR A 4 DOOR SPORTS CAR. U WANNA CUT 2 MORE DOORS FOR ME IN A RX-7 OR SUPRA MAN?

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Punk_ZERO only answered your thread question.

No need to yell at him if it was your own misguided question in the beginning. :screwy:

point out for me where you see that thread question of mines? sure he answered my question in "what car to get" but he didnt read the other half in either gettin a mazda 6, 3, neon sxt or a ralliart, answering half of it dosnt count ya big dummy!

my thread question was very clear, i pointed out in what i am intrested in gettin, and specificly said NO! 2 door cars thats really cramp unless it has plenty of room for 5!

plz stop being a smart-ass :screwy: :banghead: :fu:

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Ok, I noticed that you edited your first post today....wouldn't be you trying to cover your tracks would it?

posted by  Cliffy

yes i edited it slightly.. i took out the rsx and the sentra SE-R and added in a mazda 3! i also added in tha part about me test driving a mazda 6. and fix a small grammar error. not covering anything.. i left out everything else tha way it was.

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

Your Message