22b Wrx

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  22b Wrx

Hi all just doing a bit of research, If any one has any info on the Subaru 22B WRX it would be much appriciated, or if any one has heard and stories about them good or bad please let me know, I have a deposit on one at the moment and thought i should probably do some real research before dumping the rest of the cash

posted by  DRFT-R

www.google.com

posted by  PontiacFan27

thanks for that nob jockey, i was kind of looking for things people have heard about these cars, if any one or if any one has had a friend who has owned one that kind of thing, the kind of things you can't get from reading a generic review on google

posted by  DRFT-R

You've put a deposit on one, hahahaha I don't think so. The 22b is the rarest wrx in existance. Where abouts did you find one??

The Subaru Impreza WRX 22B STi is a handmade 2 door coupe based on the Subaru Impreza contested the World Rally Championship. Four hundred of these were built for the Japanese domestic market and were sold out within 48 hours. The Impreza WRX 22B STi features EJ22 2.2litre turbocharged engine, 4WD system, intercooler water splay, ventilated disc brakes, Bilstein inverted suspension, 17 x 8.5 inch BBS wheels fitted with Pirelli 235/40 P-Zero tyres and a twin plate ceramic/metal clutch. With a widened body, it is 80mm wider than an Impreza WRX at both the front and rear.

posted by  GreekWarrior

and it goes like sh1t off a shiny shovel and looks like the dogs dangly bits!!!
(meaning its fast and looks good)

and there are alot of replicas floating around!
a mate whos friends dad owned a subaru dealership managed to get one after a long wait!

posted by  True_Brit

As far as i know it is real, Number 321, when my importer told me i didn't believe him either, but he has one coming, should arrive middle of next month, apartently this one has clutch and diff issues, but i figure i can fix it, From what i have heard it will be one of the only ones in australia and i can't find anyone else who has one, so im thinking it is a smart purchase, one of the few jap cars that are an investment more then a bad investment, i guess we will see

posted by  DRFT-R

car is a replica, so scratch that idea, it is funny how stories can get mixed up

posted by  DRFT-R

see, gotta be careful with RARE cars!
i bet that bought you down when you found out?

posted by  True_Brit

:) :wink2:

posted by  GreekWarrior

yeah i thought i had something really special and i had my heart set on it but i guess it is back to the drawing bored but i will tell you one thing driving my girls Barina is really getting old fast

posted by  DRFT-R

Barina??? :ohcrap: whats that?

posted by  True_Brit

we call the opel Corsa a Holden Barina, exactly the same car

posted by  DRFT-R

I have my eyes on an s15 at the moment, and dropping something big under the hood, but i can't work out what i want to do

posted by  DRFT-R

rb 26 hks stage 2 cams and a tdo6 hangn of da side and what ever other internals u wanna do

posted by  13b_turbz27

your crap advice isnt helping anyone :banghead:

posted by  nighthawk

Your Message