Looking for a new car - Help!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Looking for a new car - Help!

Hey guys, some of you may have read my first post on here a few weeks ago about how I was looking to trade my 7th gen. Celica in for another car. Anyways, I actually sold it just yesterday and I am now CARLESS! Not fun at all. But for all you car experts, I need some good advice on picking out my next car. I test drove a 350Z, but left sadly disapointed. The car was fairly crampt and the suspension was very hard. I've been told the S2000 is a fairly small car, and I need something with some space (I play drums). Anyways, here is the list of cars I have been considering. Let me know what you guys think would be a good option considering it would be used for racing and would also need a good amount of cargo space.

93'-98' Toyota Supra Turbo - Automatic 100k+ miles
90'-96' Nissan 300ZX TT - 5-Speed
03'-05' Nissan 350Z - 6-speed
03'-05' Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII - 5-speed
95'-98' Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 - 6-speed
00'-05' Honda S2000 - 6-speed
03'-05' Infiniti G35 Coupe - 6-speed

I am very interested in autocross and drag racing and these are my most realistic options. I am not interested in FWD cars and I am trying to stay AROUND the 20k range. If you guys have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I really need some good advice. Thanks!

posted by  cassidy

lol, i play the drums too, and usually have to cram them into my dads mustang, not always the best way to go, the evo would be better for room considering its a sedan

posted by  dsmracersv98

Definitely the lancer evo. It is a very light car, good for racing, and has enough space to get your and your drums around also.

The evo goes 0-60 in under 5 seconds, is a four-door sedan, and is cheaper than the infiniti as well.

The infiniti is slower, costs more for maintenance, isn't made for racing, but it looks cooler if that's what you care about.

posted by  Bronxie

I agree with you guys. The sedan styling of the Evo certainly helps when it comes to hauling stuff around. BUT... I love the shape of the G35 and Supra. Also, the targa roof on the Supra is something I have been wanting for a while. But the 6-speed Supra Turbos are simply too expensive, and an automatic will be sure to have trouble when it comes to autocross. I'm going to say the Evo for now. Does anybody have any input on some other cars that I haven't mentioned? Thanks guys

posted by  cassidy

Your Message