03 Accord coupe V6. A good buy?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  03 Accord coupe V6. A good buy?

I'm buying a new car and really looking at 2003 V6 Accord coupe. Its the Auto tranny version, Its black, has leather seats and a sunroof, its pretty sweet. It looks like its in great condition from the pics but it has 51k miles. Is that too much?

Not that I dont trust Honda quality, my dad ran his old accord to 150k miles but sold it because the AC broke and the repair was more than the car was worth. I think in all 150k miles he had the oil changed 2 or 3 times. His new accord has 100k on it and runs like new, again I cant remember it ever being in the shop so i figure if I take care of this car it will last me a while.

Also are there any known problems with this car?
How is the performance and how does it handle in rain?

Thanks

posted by  JPM335

why do you want to know if it handles well in the rain??? if it doesnt, then its not road legal
(i imagine)

posted by  True_Brit

Or its not a good car to answer his question lol

posted by  newyorker

You can probably google some of this...Check out consumer reviews and such, and as for performance, why don't you go test drive it before you buy it?

posted by  Bronxie

In response to his question about the rain, the car will handle as good as the tires you put on it in bad weather. If you have bald tires, it wont handle as well as a brand new tire.

Also, 150k miles on 2-3 oil changes is outrageous. It's that that difficult to change the oil.. :banghead:

posted by  torinoman80

No worries. I'm calling full BS. Changing oil every 50-75K miles is impossible. Case closed.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

[QUOTE=torinoman80]In response to his question about the rain, the car will handle as good as the tires you put on it in bad weather. If you have bald tires, it wont handle as well as a brand new tire.........
QUOTE]

i know that bit, i was asking in general!!!:laughing:

posted by  True_Brit

Your father missed 47 oil changes. That makes him a dumbass.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Front Wheel Drive cars in general understeer if pushed too hard, especially in the rain, however there are a few exceptions, one of which being the Ford Focus, of which I actually find more oversteer than understeer....especially in the wet! But I'm inclind to go with the whole "if the tyres are decent, they'll hold the road well..." scenario, however, I'm also skepticle as to whether 200bhp or more is too much power through the front wheels! (don't get me started on Torque steer :doh:)

posted by  Cliffy

:clap:

posted by  newyorker

:orglaugh:

posted by  O5BlackWRX

Your Message