Help Please

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Help Please

I'm looking to tackle my 2000 Celica GT-S and make it my project. The thing is I have ideas of what I want to do visually, but I'm not much of a mechanic. Here's the deal, I want my car to have enough "balls" to impress on the strip but not too much as to where it couldn't be my daily driver. What I'm asking for is help on choosing what to do to the engine, suspension, transmission, etc... Any input would be greatly appreciated.

posted by  Metzger

bumped

posted by  Metzger

Intake, exhaust, header, clutch(if manual) or shift kit (if automatic), good tires, all maintenance stuff like plugs, wires, and fuel filter, better suspension(keep those tires on the ground! Wheelhop sucks ass!), better brakes (slotted or crossdrilled rotors, stronger calipers, good brake pads), intake manifold, bored throttle body, port/polished head, increase bore/stroke, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, MEGASQUIRT(replaces factory ECU and allows you to completely control everything your factory ECU would normally manage), stronger con rods/pistons/valve springs, super/turbocharger kit, better fuel pump, higher flow injectors, cam regrind for turbo or supercharger application, and hone in your driving skills. There ya go.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Pontiacfan27 pretty much said it all. If ou thinking of exterior you could go with a body-kit, lambo doors, carbonfiber everything put your car on a diet, rims, roof scoop, hood, finders, or if you want a widebody kit, and anything else I cant think of.

posted by  drag240sx

posted by  99integra

Get yourself a nice cold air intake from HKS or Injen, buy a header (preferably DC Sports or TRD), and then get a nice high flow catalytic converter from Magnaflow connected to an HKS cat-back exhaust system. Also, get a short throw shifter and a good clutch and flywheel (assuming you have an manual). If you're lucky, and you know how to drive your car, you should be making around 200-215hp to the wheels and buring down the strip at high 13's to low 14's. Maybe even a little faster :mrgreen:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Uh...?

posted by  Mathew

Damn you f*cked that one up baaaaad :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Carbon fiber everything would be good, save some weight for those body panels. But he knows what he wants visually.

So you went from a 3000GT to a Celica, eh? How you liking it so far?

posted by  PontiacFan27

Or you could just acid dip all the body panels and what have you to shave a lot of weight off like a famous racer who everyone knows(atleast people who care!) :mrgreen:

posted by  99integra

Ooops :doh: I mean manual. Sorry, I was thinking about my SHO at the time. :laughing: Its an ATX.

posted by  SlipKnoT

The GT had power but it was heavy.... the Celica's light...and has decent stock power... I personally like the Celica more.. smoother ride.. takes corners better (imo) .. the handling is just a complete flip.. It could be b/c I've always been partial... i think if I would've had a VR4 the comparison would be completely different but yea...

Anyways guys thank you very much for your input.. it's greatly appreciated. I'll keep you all posted as the overtime comes my way:smoke:

posted by  Metzger

Your Message