Intake Q

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Intake Q

Thinking of getting this for the civic..only mod I will do just wnat some grunt to the motor and a bit more peppyness

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05-HONDA-CIVIC-DX-LX-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-PASS -VALVE-BLK_W0QQitemZ250026519113QQihZ015QQcategoryZ38634QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte m

What the hell is an IAF and does it really do what they say? Will I get better MPG inthe winter time? Will I need to go back to the stock airbox in the winter season?

posted by  newyorker

Not sure on the IAF as for the changing of the winter theres a certain piece that can go in the cold air intake that doesn't allow water to get inside the intake. My friend had his rigged right behind the tire and didn't take it off during the winter so search for one of those. Intake looks good though.

posted by  Spanky2324

That is called the bypass valve. Its included, but I dont really understnad how it works

posted by  newyorker

looks good, i would shoot for a tune or a "do it yourself" reset and tune after install.

posted by  O5BlackWRX

I probbably wont get it. The power increase will be marginal if at all noticable, and il just sound like an idiot coming down the street. Besides, I will be worrying every time I drive in the rain and snow about hydrolock. People said its better to just do a drop in...they said there will be more of a benefit that way

posted by  newyorker

Lol I remember you saying absolutely no mods to the motor. We all know how that goes, :laughing: Anyway I wouldn't buy one, I mean the notice is amrginal if at all, and my friend who owns an ecplise, with a "custom cold air intake" blew up his motor awhile ago as water got sucked up into it, 2k down the drain on an engine rebuild for what 2hp? A 200$ piece of crap intake that does nothing but maybe 2hp? Call me smart, but I don't think that evens it out.

posted by  Pythias

Il just do a K&N drop in when time comes around

posted by  newyorker

:doh: :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

For $25 I'd say its worth the money. You probably can expect to see a 10-15 horsepower gain or 5-8 at the wheels. Just be careful for puddles. Exhaust would be a more worthwhile mod, however. But for the price go for it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

the bypass valve is for when you hit a puddle and the filter starts sucking water. its designed to "bypass" the filter and suck air through it until the main filter can suck air again.

posted by  glagon1979

i say go with headers:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

If you want more "peppyness", just get a cheap cat-back system with a highflow cat. to go along with that intake. Pacesetter makes pretty good cheaper exhaust systems. Just doing that intake wont help as much as you would like. :ohcrap: I know...it sucks.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Yea right

posted by  newyorker

i just put a 1995 honda accord 4 cyl CAI on my v6 alero.and for $37 shipped, i love it.

posted by  jackal2000

But its not gona give 10-15 and 6-8 like Pontiac said

posted by  newyorker

it depends on you stock setup, how restrictive it is and such. i think a realistic expectation would be 6-8 at the crank, not the wheels.

posted by  jackal2000

If that

posted by  newyorker

The Civic factory air system is pretty restrictive. And as we all know, colder air is denser air, which makes more power. Try checking out a Honda forum sometime and read from people who know what they're talking about and have actually done this before.

posted by  PontiacFan27

There is no way that an intake can give me that much power. if it does, I will order it tomorrow

posted by  newyorker

Never say 'never'. The stock Civic intake is very restrictive! The increase airflow alone will give good gains on them. The colder air is just a 1-2 hp bonus.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message