Are subaru's reliable?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Are subaru's reliable?

I'm looking into buying a subaru impreza WRX but can't fine one with under 100,000 miles. Will I have issues with one of I buy it with that many miles?

posted by  Ferny

As long as all routine maintenance has been done on schedule it should be fine.

posted by  PontiacFan27

they do come with a good warranty plus dealerships are good and helpful!
how old is it your looking into???

posted by  True_Brit

I would assume they are because about half of the people in tristatetuners drive evo's or wrx stis, wagons, etc.

posted by  newyorker

Because tuners drive them doesn't say shit about their reliabilty. Remember, plenty of tuners drive DSMs as well.

posted by  PontiacFan27

:orglaugh: :clap:

posted by  elchango36

And that makes another 1/4 of out car club lol

posted by  newyorker

Someone asked for a year, I'm looking at a 2002 and a 2004. The 2002 has 125,000 miles but the engine was rebuilt at 100,000 and the 2004 has 90,000.

posted by  Ferny

id say "go for the 04" but aint that the bug eye scooby???

posted by  True_Brit

No...unless Ferny's not in the US. I seem to recall that they missed the "bug eye" version, in the US. Ferny, why can't you find a lower milegae varient? what's your budget?

posted by  Cliffy

i know, thats what i meant about "aint that the bugeye?"

posted by  True_Brit

I think, Subarus are most reliable vehicles, but stay away from rebuilt, high mileage or modified Subarus, specially WRX. Good luck!

posted by  Firequench

As long as you dont measure the oil level with the dipstick, they will last right.:screwy: :banghead: :thumbs:

posted by  newyorker

I know people who swear by their subies, but then again, I'm talking about grocery getters. I don't know about WRXs....

posted by  Mathew

my buddy pete just put 7.5 psi into his ej18 (i think....) he has a 95 1.8 impreza, and so far it runs just fine. Just an example I think he has like 105k on his car orginal engine

posted by  newyorker

why stay away from the WRX, thats what a Scooby Doo is well known for!
(id have thought anyway)

posted by  True_Brit

Because you won't find a used WRX that hasn't been beat on or abused.:wink2:

posted by  elchango36

oh, i gotcha!!! stay away then! take the advise, makes sense :doh:

posted by  True_Brit

depends what you want/need the car for. as a wrx owner, I stand by the name. they are good, very reliable cars. it is true that most wrxs have been beat on in some way but there are plenty out there that havent been all out abused. shoot for low miles and original equipment.

posted by  05BlackWRX

amen, find cars that with oem parts, for the safe side's sake.

posted by  Jeison Iyasu

NO Comments abt WRX....but it depends on long distance or short distance.

posted by  LemEX717

Your Message