which car is better?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  which car is better?

Right now I have a 98 Nissan Maxima with 95,000 miles its in fairly good condition. But I must sell it and am about to get a 2000 Mazda 626 with about 75,000 miles from a used car dealership. I have heard that the 626 has had some problems regarding the transmission so Im a little unsure. Someone please inform me if I am about to make a big mistake.

posted by  ACer925

The 626 Auto transmission didn't come with a factory trans fluid cooler. If taken care of they will last. Just dont beat on it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Why do you HAVE to sell your maxima? Its a great car. A friend has 2 high milage maximas in the family
95 with 155k
02 with 143k

posted by  newyorker

02 with 143k? Where the fark did he drive LOL

posted by  Bronxie

A Focus we have at work is currently on 186,000-miles....on an '03!

posted by  Cliffy

thanks for the responses guys. I want to sell my maxima because its got some rock chips and some scratches and to get it all nice looking would cost me a lot of money..plus its a 98 its getting older..so i figured i would just by a newer car that costs fairly the same price like a 01 mazda 626..in better condition. (around $6,000-7,000). Pontiac Fan, is there anything specific I could do to take care of the transmissin on the 626?

posted by  ACer925

It'll be fine as long as you don't beat the crap out of it. If you have to beat on it, get an aftermarket trans fluid cooler. They're pretty cheap compared to the cost of a new or new-used transmission.

posted by  PontiacFan27

How bad? Newsflash, any older car will have this... You could always go to a dealer and get some touch up paint rather then spending thousands making it look new when it isn't. And I would add an aftermarket tranny cooler on it if possible...

posted by  Pythias

The scratches and chips are too much to take care of by touch up paint..plus I tried some on my hood and I screwed it up. not bad at all but It didnt help. I was using the pen though, I dont know if they have like buckets of car paint but that would probobly help? Im looking for the best possible car for up to $7,000 otherwise. Thanks 4 all responses all, greatly appreciated.

posted by  ACer925

Or you can pay someone 500 bux to buff the whole damn thing out, and still keep a good car.

posted by  newyorker

Your Message