Turbo Help

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Turbo Help

Hey I just picked up a srt-4 as my first car =]. I only drove it maybe 4/5 times. I dont know much about turbo and i was wondering how do i use it? When does the turbo kick in and how will i know its working? Do i need to hit a certin rpm for it to turn on?

posted by  phoshiz

something tells me you need to do some reading on the subject. there is a site called www.google.com[/url] . go there and type in the word [U]srt-4 turbo and read till you cant see anymore. maybe you should have done some homework on the subject before you bought the car, that is if its even yours. :banghead:

posted by  glagon1979

I have just the site...

CLICK ME (http://www.googleityoumoron.com/?go=how+turbo+works)

posted by  elchango36

:orglaugh:

posted by  glagon1979

Turbo's spool by exhaust gases. The SRT-4 turbo starts to spool around 2500 at WOT, and you'll know when its working.

posted by  PontiacFan27

There should be a big red button on the steering wheel marked "Turbo". Push that button to turn on the turbo, but only below 3000 rpm. I'm warning you, you can cause a major turbo leak if you push it at any higher than that. After its on, then you can rev higher.

Oh, if you don't see the button, maybe you got one of the rare few non-turbo ones.

posted by  Mathew

My friend had a non-turbo SRT-4...he called it a "Knee-Awn".

posted by  chris_knows

Is everyone on this site a prick? Except for Pontiac owners?

posted by  TokyoJoe

no, we just cant stand ignorant people looking for handouts/thinking they are better than everyone. :banghead:

posted by  glagon1979

Riiight because when I read his post I thought he came across that he was better that everyone and not asking a question because he didn't know the answer:roll: .....God forbid anyone should join a "Car Forum" to search for answers only to be told to search the net.....what's the point really?

posted by  TokyoJoe

the point is to seek help but really only if there isnt A TON of info on the subject already. if he would have typed in SRT-4, he probably would have found what he was looking for on the first hit.

posted by  glagon1979

He would've found out that its turboed, what turbo it has, what psi its running, and how much power it makes. However, since it appears he has less knowledge than the rest of us and the expected knowledge of most car reviewing places, he wouldn't have found the answer to his other question. When in a car review have you ever seen where they tell you how the turbo works?

posted by  PontiacFan27

Thank you. Can't tell you how many people are turned away because they get treated like shit by people who would rather post insults than answer a question!!!!

posted by  Bronxie

They do it like said before for the simple fact to search first or search through car forums itself. This site has covered a lot of ground in car work. So use the search function first then ask:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

They do it like said before for the simple fact to search first or search through car forums itself. This site has covered a lot of ground in car work. So use the search function first then ask:thumbs: Also you maybe should do some research on the car your about to buy before you buy it. You should know what problems are to be expected of it and the cost of maintenance.

posted by  Spanky2324

Yes, you should. But that is not what the OP asked.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message