Question about Honda!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Question about Honda!

Hello there! I wanna ask for some details about the difference about Honda Integra Ti and Honda Integra Type R VTec.

First of all, what does Ti stands for? (My guess is Turbo Injected).

Next, What's Type R and VTec? How much more a car worth with both these features?

I've been browsing Japanese car exporters inventory and have found quite a few cheap Japanese cars with low mileage (around 40k) which costs around 2000 quid but when I look up in autotrader on Honda Integras. They're all anywhere from 3000 to 10000.
Would it be wise to actually import a car instead then?

posted by  Desir3

That depends, you have to look at the fees associated with importing. They may not be as high in the UK as they are in the US, but I'm pretty sure they will still be hefty. VTEC is variable valve timing. Type R is a highly sought after trim level because of it's unmatched performance and rarity. As for the Ti, maybe GW can answer that one, us Yanks didn't get a Ti.

posted by  elchango36

The 2000 is included with shipment to Southampton, from there you gotta:

A) Pay registering fees 38 Pounds
B) Road Tax 175ish
C) MOT costs 50
D) Going getting a license plate no. for it 50
E) Going to the Southampton port (150+ away from me) 30 Pounds Petrol
F) My stomach's gonna fight hard for some food 5 Pounds (Nah I'm joking) --
F) Customs Importing Tax (No idea how much)
G) Refill 30 Pounds Petrol in imported car

So that's a grand total of 38+175+50+50+30+30 = 373 so far to get the car in my garage and back on the road (without customs tax, would be great if someone finds it out)

posted by  Desir3

Sorry, but LOOOOLLLZZ!!

posted by  TokyoJoe

why is that funny?? maybe in JAPAN its not but here we didnt get as many.

posted by  glagon1979

Basicaly what elchango said. The thing is if you are in the states, its not always easy/cost efficient to get a type R integra, so a GSR is the next best thing.

posted by  newyorker

Just the wording, nothing more. Unmatched Performance......

posted by  TokyoJoe

In it's class in the states it was unrivaled. There was no such thing as an SRT4 from 98-01. Name another car in it's class that made 100hp/liter.? Bet you can't.:wink2:

posted by  elchango36

Ok I'll buy that. In the STATES in it's CLASS maybe it was the best....I'm sure you would know more than I would about the R. Like I said just a cheap shot at the wording.

posted by  TokyoJoe

Your Message