Honda Civic Specs

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Honda Civic Specs

can someone tell me the spec of honda civic from their point of view, gas wise and performance

posted by  Leech3030

gas is always good and performance wise.....well that depends on how much you wanna spend to make it up to your standards

posted by  Spanky2324

LOL :stupid: I love my hatchie, but it will be a while before I'm completly satisfied with it. Great platform for starters as far as aftermarket support and $$. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

Shoes!. Be more specific, and by the way all of this information can be found in 2 minutes with a simple use of cars.com research section. My 01 has 115 horsepower, standard transmission, 103k miles, drives like new, and I get about 28-30mpg city, depending on how I drive.

posted by  newyorker

thanks, im planning on modifying it as the years go on till im satifyed with it like u said

posted by  Leech3030

Only 115? My lude is 140hp.

posted by  Spanky2324

Your "Lude" isn't an econobox like his Civic.

posted by  elchango36

what kind of airflow system would work well in a civic

posted by  Leech3030

What year Civic?

posted by  elchango36

Single cam 1.7 liter with a super duper low emission rating is bound to make little power

posted by  newyorker

An intake generally will give 0-3 horsepower.

posted by  newyorker

yeah thats true wasn't thinking correctly at the time:screwy:

posted by  Spanky2324

lol...if it had a less hippy emissions system, it would most likely be making about 120 lol not a big deal im trying to work on suspention now

posted by  newyorker

the gasmilage is great, and it is a fun car to drive

posted by  mazda6man

how would a turbo effect the car what would it increase it too and what kind would i install

posted by  Leech3030

well i have a 99 civic si and ive got 193.5 hp.Is that good enough?Ive got a greddy t2 turbo kit an OBX turbo manifold,fluidyne radiator,Skunk 2 racing cams,and HKS pistons.wut else should i get?Opinions please.Pix are coming soon.:fu:

posted by  Mr.Civic

oh i mean t3.my bad.:thumbs:

posted by  Mr.Civic

What's up with all the ":fu:" smilies?

193.5hp after a turbocharger, new cams and pistons? Sounds like something's not running right. It should be well past the 200hp mark.

posted by  chris_knows

yeah its because i didnt set the psi up.its at 4.im not gonna put it up anymore than 8.it spools up real quick 2.:thumbs:

posted by  Mr.Civic

so at 4 psi with all of the mods its only giving you that little power? something is off

posted by  newyorker

4 lbs of boost isnt much... 1.7l wont produce much more power than 170 ponies (considering the work done) with the 4 lbs youre standing at the 195hp that youre talking. raise it up to 8, youre hittin around 200 something

posted by  mazda6man

I have the 1.7 single cam non v-tec
he has the 1.6 twin cam v-tec
he has 160 to start
i have 115 to start
with 4lbs id be at 170? so thats 65 horse
he should then in turn be at 225 with 4lbs

posted by  newyorker

i thought he had the 1.7 with all the work done... my bad. got a little mixed up

posted by  mazda6man

That really sucks. badly. Almost any stock v8 will still lay waste to you, and you're turbocharged. :doh:

posted by  Pythias

That is merely a theoretical yield, and theoretical is an overstatement. 4psi is only about 27% more power over normal atmospheric pressure, and even then you have to take into account the thermodynamics of the engine and quite a few other questionable variables. None the less, a certain amount of said boost doesn’t guarantee an exact power output.

Generally speaking from experience, it is true than an engine of what he claims to have at 4psi can generate more output than he suggested it does. These kinds of power restrictions happen when you use cheap e-bay parts such as OBX.

posted by  DSMer

Your Message