2008 Skyline

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2008 Skyline

http://www.thecarconnection.com/zoom-image.asp?/images/scrapbook/original/2 698.jpg

posted by  Wally

I'm in love:oops:
Extremly nice looks, any specifications on this?

posted by  skuffelhjort

It looks nice...not sure if it has been, but the front end looks different--but it might just be the angle lol.
http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee94e0f/cmd.233/enclosure..ee94e10
http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee94e06/cmd.233/enclosure..ee94e07
http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee94e09/cmd.233/enclosure..ee94e0a

Couldn't find much info other that a price tage of about $65,000 and around 450hp.

posted by  chris_knows

Wow I just went to post a thread on this when I saw this :D

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=117074?tid=edm unds.il.home.photopanel..2.*

That's the article on edmunds.com anyways :D Love that site

posted by  Bronxie

Looking nice.....I guess it's what was expected of it though...

posted by  Cliffy

good strong competetion for the camaro and challenger:smoke:

does anybody remember the days when concept cars were suprising? lol

posted by  nighthawk

ffs.......... and im still waiting for the new damn supra :banghead:

posted by  Inygknok

Is there gonna be one?

posted by  Bronxie

nope, but lots of people dont know that yet :laughing:

posted by  nighthawk

There's gotta be!!! lol.

posted by  chris_knows

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee94e0f/cmd.233/enclosure..ee94e10
BIG pipes!, BIG engine????
looks nice though! i reckon it could compete against more than the usual cars!

posted by  True_Brit

If by good strong competition, you mean more then $10K MORE than the domestic 'retros'.. :wink2:

Well anything over 2.0L is a big engine to you Brits.. :laughing:

posted by  car_crazy89

ha ha!!!! YOU'RE Wrong about that:laughing: they're getting bigger gradually, 2.5/3 litre is normal now
:mrgreen:

posted by  True_Brit

i dont like the new skyline as much as the older one..... also i feel sorry for the brits:ohcrap:

posted by  Andrew0261

A lot of civics have big pipes and 1.6 liters :laughing: . It should very easily live up to the skyline name, but I think the styling is a bit rough around the edges

posted by  newyorker

Kinda looks like a 350z

posted by  Spanky2324

rear end has more of a g35 coupe taillight thing going on

posted by  newyorker

Theres been rumors of one for 2009 in the $90k range, but never any confirmation. Toyota needs a sporty car.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Wonder why :roll: :laughing:

posted by  99integra

Looks like a modern muscle car.

posted by  Monsta

why is that then??? (i mean about the feel sorry bit) i can go with you, the older one looked better, and the one before that too!

posted by  True_Brit

nothing personal but your cars being no bigger than 2.0 and smaller but now your getting up to the 3.0!!! lol and yea the R34 is so much better well to me it is

posted by  Andrew0261

R32 > all

posted by  PontiacFan27

most are small but we do get the big ones too! range rovers with the 4.6 etc, a classic, the Jensen Interceptor had a 8 litre Chrysler V8 (that was in the 70's)
Jags, Bentleys, Vauxhall etc etc, but we're not like america with a majority having the big engines:laughing:
back to the point, i dont think Nissan have carried the shape along to the new one!!!

posted by  True_Brit

I agree, we have our fair share of big engined cars, only trouble here is though, unless you can afford to run them, you might aswell go for a standard 2.0-litre car, as Fuel and Road tax (don't start, Teggs, lol) etc is so pricey here!

posted by  Cliffy

:stupid:

posted by  elchango36

Apparently it isn't going to be a convential manual transmission...

And it's gonna have a v6, supposedly.

Edmunds.com was spying the car and they said they could tell it was a v6 from the sounds and also that it wasn't "normal" the way it shifted gears.

posted by  Bronxie

I heard a Flappy paddles rumor.

posted by  elchango36

Sport Compact Car said it was a de-bored and de-stroked engine from the Odyssey--with some mods lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Now that's just STUPID!!! :screwy: Think about what you just said. A Honda V6 in a Nissan??:banghead: No, it's gonna be a twin turbo VQ engine, the same v6 from the 350Z and the G35.

posted by  elchango36

My bad...got confused, I meant the Nissan Quest lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Which has the same 3.5L V6 as the 350Z and the G35 (just less hp).

posted by  elchango36

Oh...never knew that lol.

posted by  chris_knows

id say it makes sense putting the v6 in the car but i dont like the idea of having one in a skyline! its going to be heavier on the front than the back (unless they get the weight distribution right) but i have read ( i cant remember where ) that it'll have close to 400bhp

posted by  True_Brit

The Nissan Skyline is called Infiniti G35 in the US.

And the tail-lights are still the same as the current version (they may change it when the car comes out, off course).

posted by  Valter

true, but its not the GT-R...

posted by  05BlackWRX

Will it be sold in the US?

If so, how are they gonna call them, since the Skyline is the Infiniti G35, I guess it'd be a little hard to put a wing on its back, larger wheels and exhausts and call it Nissan Skyline GT-R. They'd both be on the streets looking the same, but with different names.

Or worse: Not be in the US as its previous version.

posted by  Valter

It's finally coming to the U.S. lol. The G35 is the Nissan Skyline V35 (I think)...The GT-R is pretty different lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Pretty different?

As I said, it's the same car with larger wheels/tires, exhausts, a big wing on the back, respirators on the hood and fenders.

I'm guessing you find the SRT-4 a completely different car than a standard Neon...

posted by  Valter

It is. It just shares some body panels. Woo. The whole drivetrain was beefed up on the SRT-4, then engine is different, and has that snail shaped thingamajigger, so yeah for all intents and purposes its a completley different car. As if anyone buying an SRT-4 really gives two shits if it even HAS a body, they'd probably be happy with a tent superglued to the frame.

posted by  PontiacFan27

They are still 2 dodge neons stopped at the traffic light.

posted by  Valter

Says who? Dodge doesn't.

Is the Pontiac Solstice just a Corvette because it has a scaled-down version of the Corvette's frame? How different from another car does one have to be to not be the same to you?

posted by  PontiacFan27

OK. You win. I'm not discussing this anymore.

I wanna see Nissan selling the all-new Nissan Skyline (even if called GTR) in the US, looking like this.

Then we'll talk.

posted by  Valter

It's going to be a nissan worldwide according to some nissan dude.

posted by  Bronxie

Your Message