5 speed or 6 speed miata?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  5 speed or 6 speed miata?

OK...I am getting an 07 miata (or a boxster, I am not sure totally yet)

Anyways I want to know what are the pros and cons of a 5 speed and 6 speed?

A 5 speed would be better for low speed driving and faster accelerating and a 6 is better for hwy driving...?

Is this true?

Any input is appreciated.

posted by  Bronxie

Think the 6 speed is better for everything.

Although you will have more gears to shift, might get a little tired ahahha

posted by  Valter

6-speed is better all around.

posted by  PontiacFan27

6 speed for FTW!!!:driving:

posted by  elchango36

:stupid:'s lol.

posted by  chris_knows

I think that settles it.

Man, I am still wanting the lotus, but I've heard stories about them being parked and people will bump into them to parallel park and cause like 5,000 dollars in damages.

posted by  Bronxie

but thats because they arnt close to lotus garages, where parts are easier to get! you know what i mean? where as in england, there are lots of lotus dealers and i know where the factory is etc!

i dont like porsches, i dont know what you find apealling about them? theyre ugly and they sound like a bag of nails:laughing:
but i suppose parallel parking into aporsche wont cost as much in terms of damage??

posted by  True_Brit

They are very small, and fall right into the blind spot of many larger cars and SUVs. There are people out there who will mess with a nice car to feel better about themselves, as well.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Yeah...

Then again, I guess I can't worry about that stuff. Change how I live because there are some losers and curious people. That's not me. I've never done it before so why do it now..

I'm gonna try for the lotus

posted by  Bronxie

if you havent ever read jcutsh's long article on the miata, Id suggest you do

I just remembered how good it was

posted by  nighthawk

I've read it. :)

I think I want a miata as a secondary car. Something I can be comfortable playing around with but is also fun and reliable.

posted by  Bronxie

The 6-speed version will obviously be better, but bear in mind that the sixth gear will only really be a cruising gear anyway, and as such wont make much difference untill you reach fairly high speeds...Great for econemy though!

posted by  Cliffy

I travel long distances often, though.,

posted by  Bronxie

Then it should suit you better!

posted by  Cliffy

Your Message