yes im back. ALL YOU JDM LOVERS I NEED OPINIONS!

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  yes im back. ALL YOU JDM LOVERS I NEED OPINIONS!

i have a wrx incase your wondering.
i want to lower my car about 1.5 inch, no less.
i dont have a grand or so to lower my car properly, however i do have hook ups on ground control coilovers, and H&R springs.
alot of my friends told me to just get the H&R springs cause i dont really need the adjustable coilover springs. im not a racer, i just want my car to look good. most important thing to me is the comfort. so tell me, whats the deal!

posted by  Ki2AY

Get springs, they'll be fine. If you want to save time and get performance you should get good struts, too.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Ditto...H&R makes good springs. Their Sport Springs should be enough to get you at the height you're looking for.:thumbs:

posted by  elchango36

ok so forget the coilovers. just get springs.
i also forgot to mention, my friend also has tein s.tech and h.tech springs.
i dont know what the difference are in s.tech and h.tech but seems like the s.tech are a lil bit more expensive. (anybody wana explain this to me?)

im not a racer, but like i mentioned. i need the comfort and the looks + the durability.

posted by  Ki2AY

how does that save me time? wonders*

posted by  Ki2AY

Hey where at in SF are you located? Also struts save you time by stiffening up the chassis cause you want a comfortable ride and all right.

posted by  Spanky2324

ohhh ok.. i dont live in san francisco i moved away 4 years ago. but i still consider sf my home.
i live in san leandro now, i work full time mon-fri at the financial district in the 'sco. why whats up?

as for the struts, you guys wana name a few good brands worth looking at. and yes budget is an issue. thanks!

posted by  Ki2AY

KONI YELLOWs FTMFW!!!!!

Bilstein also makes awesome shocks if your looking for oem replacements. Stay away from KYB's, they make some shitty shocks.:2cents:

posted by  elchango36

arite right on.. thx

posted by  Ki2AY

btw- should i get the front struts first or the rear?

posted by  Ki2AY

I'd save up and replace all 4 at the same time. I mean, if you're gonna replace them anyway, it won't matter if you wear down your stock ones.

posted by  elchango36

if your really strapped for cash just cut your springs down 1.5 inches nuf said

posted by  nate wesselink

You're kidding right? You should NEVER cut your own springs...EVER!:banghead:

posted by  elchango36

When did you get a WRX? Any pics?

posted by  DSMer

Your Message