02 RSX type S vs. 02 Impreza WRX

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  02 RSX type S vs. 02 Impreza WRX

Alright I'm considering both the impreza and the RSX. Bassically this is how I see it.

RSX Pros:
Leather seats (big plus for me)
Better styling

Cons:
Slightly Slower
Associations with Honda/Acura fanboys
FF

Impreza Pros:
Faster
AWD (I prefer it over FF)

Cons:
Cloth seats only
Bug eyes are a bit sketchy

I'm having a lot of trouble deciding.

posted by  Ferny

Impreza

posted by  Pythias

What I'm thinking of now is saving a up a bit more for an 04 impreza and putting in either STI or leather seats.

posted by  Ferny

Subie gets my vote. Don't get me wrong, I love Honda. It's just the sound of that flat 4 banger is heavenly.:drool:

posted by  elchango36

WRX all the way.
Leather seats suck, maintenance is a bitch, the age quickly, and during the summer their scortching hot and the winter their cold enough to give you herpes.:orglaugh:
WRX all the way not even a contest. Its gonna be easier to make power with because of the larger displacement and the turbo and once your making power your not going to be limited by traction due to the FWD.

posted by  Enthusiast

I'm with this guy.

Also, you can put leather on later.

posted by  Valter

since its 02 models. get the wrx!
now if it was hte later models. id have a hard time deciding.
i had an 02, i traded it off with my brother cause he wanted lower monthly payments. the 02 was alot funner ill tell you that. and i felt more comfortable in its interior. but i have alot of friends and im pretty tall my self, i need a 4 door.

posted by  Ki2AY

I thought they where called boxer or punch engines. Is a flat engine the same thing?

posted by  Enthusiast

flat-4 boxer-4 horizontally-opposed-4 :laughing:

theyre all the same

posted by  nighthawk

Now you have me confused, are you trying to say that the FWD setup somehow helps towards traction? If so, it's wrong, simple as that. FWD is only going to hamper the handling with the more power that's added, especially given that it's Turbo Charged :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

I think he means that in a WRX, you dont have to worry about that FWD+Power handling

posted by  nighthawk

I see what you're saying....I read his post again and it's sudenly alot clearer...I blame the lack of sleep, lol. Thanks for pointing that one out!

posted by  Cliffy

Scooby Doo all the way!:thumbs:
even if it is the bug eye:ohcrap:

posted by  True_Brit

wrx all the way. in my opinion awd cars are topps plus the wrx has alot more power and leather sucks in the summer and the wrx in my opinion is one of the best cars in the world i like the sti better than the plain wrx but thats my oppinion plus u can get alot more power with a few mods and they handle great
nate
P.S the sound of that engine is a sound i would dump my girlfriend over and thats a fact

posted by  nate wesselink

actually i was thinking about this the other day. Except i also had the Srt 4 in the mix.
The way it came out to me is

02 WRX (in silver preferably)
PROS: AWD, 4DR, Turbo, Bug Eye look (i like)
CONS:?

02 Type S: (only in the Copper/ orange color)
Pros, Styling, Honda/Acura reliability, nice interior
Cons: LOw Torque ( all hondas), FWD, HIgh

03 SRT 4 ( in yellow or copper/orange)
Pros; Exterior Styling, Turbo, 4 dr
Cons: FWD, CHEAP feeling interior, Truck like shifter

posted by  V-Tec

I got a wrx raced a friend with a type s i won, in 1/4 mile i had a car length ahead of him.

posted by  rtekboost

We already established that an AWD turbocharged car is faster than an FWD N/A car...Over a year ago. :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

congratulations :banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Hey whats up i know this isnt the right Thread to ask this question but maybe you can help me out

My car Is a 1998 Honda Accord 4cyl VTEC I want to put in a New Header for it but it says.........Non-VTEC 2.0L Inline 4-Cylinder N/A Engine..... on the part description does that mean i cant put it in my car here is the link if you want to know what i am talking about

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/jvt-...l4-p-3477.html

posted by  bigman101

Your Message