Why people dissing integra?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Why people dissing integra?

Seems like everyone in this forum is dissing integra. I was trying to determine wether to get a prelude or integra gs-r. I first thought the prelude type sh was the car I was going to get. After research I learned the sh isint really a modding car more of a stock car rather than the base model. So I thought i was going to get base then i looked up on integra gs-r. Integras are a better car in my opinion if you are going to mod it. It has one of the most popular swapped engines and also has a huge after market of items. Integras are also a lot easier to mod because the prelude if you get a i/h/e you really wont gain a huge difference. The integra you wont gain 30 hp either but you will gain more of a reasonable ammount.

posted by  phoshiz

So what are you telling us? That you bought a Teggy instead of a Prelude? you rebel! :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Cause they suck like shit yoooo :ticking:

posted by  Pythias

The H22 for the Lude is no joke. I'd rather have that then a swapped Integra.

And besides, the fact that I/H/E gives more of a bonus in the Integra doesn't mean anything for the strength of the motor but says alot about the restrictiveness of the stock I/H/E on the Integra.

posted by  PontiacFan27

which engine would you get for prelude? I heard it is mad hard to swap a engine on a prelude.

posted by  phoshiz

I have an Integra.

posted by  Mathew

my friend at my work has a type r fast car integra... RHD and all ... phoshizle dizzle

posted by  mazda6man

As if you'd buy an integra, they're peices of sh*t!!! :banghead:

:laughing:

posted by  GreekWarrior

what engine what you swap into a prelude?

posted by  phoshiz

Why swap? That's the point. You don't NEED to swap in a Prelude.

posted by  ChrisV

the H22 engine that comes in the prelude is a good engine, why would you want to swap it for something else? just go with your first choice ad get the SH. also, your comment on upgrades, im sure there are plenty of power adders out there for that engine, you just arent looking hard enough.

posted by  glagon1979

I like them but will not own one. My friend's was broken into, then 2 months later stolen. Almost every teggy I know has been cracked into.

posted by  newyorker

They are one of the most frequently stolen cars in the country. In the top ten at least.

posted by  Bronxie

Most stolen models: Rank, Year, Model
1. 2001 BMW M-Series Roadster
2. 1998 Acura Integra
3. 2004 Mercury Marauder
4. 1999 Acura Integra
5. 1995 Acura Integra
6. 2002 Audi S4
7. 1996 Acura Integra
8. 1997 Acura Integra
9. 2001 Acura Integra
10. 2000 Jaguar XJR
11. 1994 Acura Integra
12. 2005 Suzuki Aerio
13. 2004 Suzuki Aerio
14. 1998 Land Rover Range Rover
15. 1998 Jaguar XJR
16. 2003 Mercury Marauder
17. 2000 Acura Integra
18. 2002 Cadillac Escalade
19. 2000 Audi A8
20. 2000 Audi S4
21. 1993 Mercedes-Benz 600
22. 1995 Land Rover Range Rover
23. 2005 Cadillac Escalade
24. 2000 Honda Civic:
25. 2001 Audi S4

Yea they are on there

posted by  newyorker

Ha but the prelude isn't:laughing: The H22 is an awesome engine. If you were say looking for a 3rd gen prelude then yes it would be a bit of hell swapping engines but anything can be done if you love the car enough(and have enough income for it as well) I say go with the prelude. I've always heard them stereotyped as a "chicks" car but I got in one and there amazing.

posted by  Spanky2324

whoops double post sorry.

posted by  Spanky2324

Hey you guys convinced me lol. What model is the best for modding? Also what should my first mods be besides i/h/e

posted by  phoshiz

No one would steal my integra...

posted by  Mathew

I will steal it for the front end. You never game me pics.

posted by  Spanky2324

LOL owned. My friend's dad bought one brand new (was like 5 years ago) and it was stolen a few days later in Queens, where he works.

posted by  Bronxie

Oh yeah I forgot! Sorry. I'll send you some pics soon, but right now the car is covered in snow...

posted by  Mathew

Since you metioned the SH Prelude, I'm assuming your looking at the last gen Prelude. Awesome car. The aftermarket may not be as huge as it is for the Teg, but the potential is definetly there. The H22 is an excellent motor to boost if you're looking for more power. I've seen few clean ass 5th gen Preludes. Clean DC Integra's are a dime a dozen. However, I'd personally take an RSX Type S over the Prelude. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

Your Message