Which of these 3 do you guys prefer?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Which of these 3 do you guys prefer?

do you guys prefer a '92 prelude, '92 civic hatchback, 240sx s13 (fastback or coupe), or 240sx s14 coupe? i know that the 240s will dust the 2 hondas stock no problem. but is a prelude faster or the eg? i say the eg, but i keep hearing people saying "naw man the prelude will dust the eg". i dont believe that..

posted by  hondapower

What's an 'eg'? :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

A Civic lol...I prefer the S14 from those. Not sure which is faster between Civic and Prelude though.

posted by  chris_knows

I know, but I was trying to get across that not everyone knows them by that 'code'.....kind of sarcastic of me, but people in the UK are kind of unaware of such codes...I know I am alot of the time, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

I don't know them either, but Chango calls his car "Gina", "Gina" is kinda similar to "Eg", and Chango has a Civic :laughing:

posted by  chris_knows

"EG" or "EG6" is a common but wrong name for the 92-95 civic hatchback. It refers to it's chassis code. Many people refer to all 5th gen hatchbacks as EG's. The truth is only the Japan-spec hatchbacks (91-95 JDM) recieved the EG chasis. We got an EG chasis, but it was in the form of the Sedan DX/LX(EG8) and del Sol (EG9). The USDM hatchbacks are really EH2 and EH3 (Si). People use "EG" as a name either because it sounds better or all Honda enthusiaist and tuners know what you're talking about when you say EG.

(on a side note, I think I'm gonna type up a review (like Jcutsh's Miata sticky)on the 5th gen and why its still so popular among tuners.)

As for Prelude vs. Civic. Without any modifications the Prelude will out run the Civic (unless the driver is a complete idiot). The Prelude started it's life as a sports compact car; while the Civic started it's life as an economy car. Sure, the Prelude is heavier, but it's engines were better. Stock base model vs stock base model and stock performance vs stock performance model, the Prelude will always come ahead of the seriousy underpowered Civic. However, Civic Si vs. base model Prelude S, and the Civic takes the win.

In regards to what you should buy, I think you should get the S13, that way you won't have a problem when you want to change your mind and jump on the JDM Dorifto bandwagon. :2cents:

posted by  elchango36

DORIFTO WOOT! woot woot

join the band wagon lol...

id go for the s14 just cuz i really cant stand the s13... the annoy the crap out of me.

posted by  mazda6man

I perfer a 3G Prelude, but only the ones with 4WS. :thumbs: They're a dream to drive, out slolomed every car ever manufactured that year, including any Ferrari and Lambo. Known for it's butter smooth shifting manual transmission, too...Yes, wonderful to drive.

posted by  67Coronet383

Your Message