Why don't we get these cars?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Why don't we get these cars?

I was wondering why the Asian countries get all the cool cars. Sure, the Honda fit is pretty cool, but they've been making it for YEARS in Japan.

Check out www.mugen-power.com

Of course, you will probably have to translate it. I used Google for that. But they have all kinds of cool cars, like the following cars.

Like this
Pic 1 (http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/images/cars/10003_0_l.jpg)

And this
http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/images/cars/10046_5_l.jpg

And this awesome one
Pic 3 (http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/images/cars/10347_2_l.jpg)

posted by  Nickboxer7

I don't know where you're from, but in America, we don't want these cars.

We don't want another minivan for sure.

And if it ain't a Magnum or maybe a Subaru, we don't want a station-wagon either.

We do want the European Focus.

We don't want the Asian Civic Si...or the Asian Civic. Our Civic looks better.

We generally don't want anything to do with Asia for 2007.

posted by  What

I'm from KCMO, and I'm pretty sure a lot of these MUGEN cars would sell "like hotcakes" in the US. They've had cars that look like the XB forever. The XB sells like crazy over here, and it has a lot less power than the ones over there. So why wouldn't we want them? Nobody wants a focus. The only reason they want the European version is because it's the only good one IMHO. Focus's dont even compare to these cars.

posted by  Nickboxer7

Please tell me your joking. The Euro Focus RS would hand those Honda's their asses.

posted by  elchango36

What the f*ck is KCMO.

For future communication reference, most of us here aren't from KCMO, so we won't know what are where the f*ck KCMO is. Only people in KCMO know for sure what KCMO is...probably. Telling me you're from KCMO is f*cking stupid.

Yeah, whatever.

We don't want what you want. Send those three ugly Hondas you posted to KCMO, where ever the f*ck that may be.

posted by  What

Everybody get down and praise the Lord 'cause I got a double post!

Bless the double post!

posted by  What

People who use the acronym KCMO are almost as ignorant, some would say f*cking stupid, as those who use NOLA, wherever that sh*thole may be. But then you don't have any personal experience using NOLA... Or do you?

Sit down and shut up Sonny.

posted by  vwhobo

He lives in Missouri. What is a large city in Missoiri? I agree that its dumb to use an abbreviation like that on a forum that has people from all over the world...but it's not that hard to figure out.

Then again, a lot of people probably don't know where Mass. is. It's Massachusetts for dumb Americans or just regular overseas people. I wouldn't expect foreigners to know that.

I also agree that I don't want any of those cars (minivans).

posted by  giant016

I don't understand wuts so hard to comprehend? KCMO If I had put KC,MO I'm pretty sure you all wouldve have known it was Kansas City, Missouri. I live in the states. If you said NOLA, I know wut that means, I'm not too lazy to think about it.

And this is an ASIAN IMPORTS section, not no US and European section, so I'm not interested in no Focus. I also said the European version was the only good one. That is what I believe. I never said it was crap, I would take it too. I don't like the US ones. Yeah, they may be faster than a stock civic, but who cares. I'm not going on just power, I'm looking at the cars. These MUGEN cars are too tight.

And I don't know why you all are such a** holes all of a sudden. I've been on this site for a while and never seen so many hardheaded people. IF you dont like these cars, just say so. I'm just asking why they dont come out over here, or at least try a few. The fit is selling pretty well from what I here, and it one of those cars that took forever to come.

posted by  Nickboxer7

These Mugen cars are grocery getters. We don't want them.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I sure don't.

When communicating to such a vast audience, it is much more effective to say New Orleans, Louisiana. Or, Kansas City.

Internet people abbreviate too often.

posted by  What

That is too true. But then again, I assumed you were internet people too, since you were on it. lol
Sorry for stirring up such a commotion over some simple thing. But at least the board is ACTIVE. That's what we want.

Thanks for the input even if it is negative.

But you can't say these cars are outlandish. Honestly, the top one looks like a better version of the Aztec. And the bottom one looks like a better version of the Kia Specta 5. Why wouldn't we want them if those cars are new and have been selling well. (I dont like the Aztec btw)

posted by  Nickboxer7

We didn't want the Aztec, and we don't really want the Kia Spectra 5...so saying that these cars are better looking versions of cars we don't want isn't saying much.

posted by  What

YOU may have not wanted them, but they are fairly common to see, meaning that they sell, which in turn means there is a want for them. :)

posted by  Nickboxer7

Something tells me that the major auto companies have a better idea of what people want than you do. I haven't seen one person other than you that really likes those minivans.

posted by  giant016

The Aztek was most memorable for being an ugly failure...thus the car has been discontinued. We didn't want it.

Most people don't desire the Kia Spectra 5, they settle for it...mostly because of the price. I doubt that a Honda vehicle with "Mugen" stamped on it would have that price advantage to win over enough people in America to justify the vehicle's production. The market is flooded with successful vehicles of its kind.

NickBoxer NOOOOOOOOO.

posted by  What

believe me, you wont want the Honda Fit as its called there, we get them here as the JAZZ, i dont like them, but thats my opinion!.

http://www.huahincarrental.com/re_images/1126669540_offer_Honda-Jazz-1.5i-A uto.jpg

posted by  True_Brit

That's mainly because the Jazz is aimed at the more mature/retirement market....No excitement is required, lol. I quite like the Jazz, I can get over its overall blandness though, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

Actually, we already do have the fit. And my friend is trying to get one, but they actually have a waiting list for months to even get to test drive one. They are in and out before anyone can drive them. He's been on the list for over a month and hasn't even gotten to. :(

But how many people actually go to the Mugen site to see the cars to know if they even like them? You actually have to investigate to even know these cars exist, so how would you know that ppl automatically don't like them, if theyve never even heard of them?

I get your point about the Aztec, it was pretty crappy, but like I said, a better version of it. But it doesnt have to stay the same, like the Ford 500. It's not being made anymore, instead they are switching back to the Taurus and having it in between the two. You could do something like that with any of those cars. O well, I guess Ill have to ship my own over when I get rich haha.

posted by  Nickboxer7

As a rich dude, you'd want to ship over a "warmed-over" Honda Fit? Is this your dream? IS THIS WHAT YOU STRIVE FOR!!! NOT EVEN A CIVIC S ****ING I!

GOD DAMN IT SON! HAVE YOU A TESTICAL?

posted by  What

out of all the cars that u could of said " why we dont get them here" u choose these? Looking at the title in the Imports section i was thinking maybe u would say the Skyline... or something along the lines. And u pull out a minivan lol.

Now bassicly i have the same question... Why didn't we get the skyline here? ( i know we will get one in 08) Also why do the companies change the styling on the cars. What i mean is how come in Japan the same kind of cars look different. ei: Acura/Honda Integra.- The front end is completely different from the JDM version compared to the USDM version.

posted by  V-Tec

Your Message