Toyota MR2

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Toyota MR2

Does anyone know anything about MR2's? I kind of like the 89-99 model but I can't find one with less than 100k miles on it. How much are they reliable for.

posted by  Ferny

great cars... its not the 89-99. I think the body style ur talking about is 91-96/95? If the car was taken care of it should be fine... just like most other cars.

posted by  V-Tec

i like the 2nd gen versions better, 1st gen wernt the best looking cars and i didnt like the 3rd gen model either!
ive heard they are quite reliable, whichever you choose (unless its been thrashed apparently!) but i dont have the experience of owning one or buying!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MR2

posted by  True_Brit

MR2s are great cars. They're a Toyota, so you know they'll last.

So um...are you actually going to decide on a car or just ask a bunch of idle questions kid? :laughing:

posted by  SlipKnoT

Probably a bunch of idle questions man. As much as I'd like to think I'm ready to buy a car I'm not anywhere close.

posted by  Ferny

Well you're just trying to find out what you want so thats cool. I know how that is.

posted by  SlipKnoT

if you can find one, the aw11 mr2 (top of the line model) did come with a factory supercharger. the 4a-gze with the top mount intercooler, good luck finding one of those. and these is actually my favorite of the mr2s. then you have the sw20, they came with the, always fun, factory turbo (for the top of the line models) with the 3s-gte that also came in the celica alltracs. way more expensive, and still pretty rare. hope you love high insurance rates, which ever one you go with

posted by  mazda6man

:stupid:
Stunning looking car I might add, styled after 355.

posted by  elchango36

There were 2 of those at the autocross today. Both did way better than I did.

There was also a newer one which did very well.

posted by  Bronxie

[QUOTE=Bronxie] Both did way better than I did.
[QUOTE]

thats because theyre toyotas... lol

posted by  mazda6man

Your Message