The Mitsubishi FTO...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  The Mitsubishi FTO...

Very cool cars.
They never sold them over here though. :doh:
I was wondering, would I (in the FUTURE) be able to find one here in the US from a specialty lot/importer, or would I have to self import from Europe or Japan?

posted by  SlipKnoT

Probably not, but I'm sure you would be able to get an importer to do it for you upon request and with blank check in hand.

posted by  PontiacFan27

As far as I'm aware they were never sold in Europe either. There are numerous Japanese spec cars about here in the UK, but I don't ever recall seeing a UK spec model. Import companies are usually a good, safe bet!

posted by  Cliffy

really??? i never knew that, i thought they were sold here, but at the time when they were new, i was probably about 10??? but i dont recall seeing one as a manual tranny!

posted by  True_Brit

From what I've seen, they were never available with a manual box (somebody correct me if I'm wrong please!)......

posted by  Cliffy

http://www.myfto.co.uk/media/images/frontpage05.jpg

cool car, but something about a 2 litre v6 doesnt work with me

posted by  mazda6man

Damn are they that little!?
Well damn, the 2.0L 24V MIVEC motor in those only makes 5 more horsepower than my Laser does stock. :laughing: And its a 2.0L 4-cylinder.

Still a ****in' sick looking ride though.

posted by  SlipKnoT

Then you'd hate Mazda MX-3s. 1.8L V6 baby!

posted by  PontiacFan27

I was just about to mention those...damn you! :banghead: :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Ha, yeah. But the good thing with those is the 2.5L J-spec v6 is a direct drop in swap.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Your Message