2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  2004 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

Can anyone tell me just by the pictures and info if this is a worth while deal. My dad offered to give me his new 2007 BMW 525i, which would be his excuse to get a new car he wants, but i get too much jealous looks and envy towards me to drive it. Sounds stupid but in the world we live in currently I believe people would kill out of greed jealousy and envy, I am just 16 years old and this would be my very first car. A car isn't really worth death.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-MITSUBISHI-ECLIPSE-GS-SUNROOF-CUSTOM-RI MS-SPOILER_W0QQitemZ170099199665QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6352QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

posted by  sasxempire

As a 16 year old you should be less worried about people killing you and more worried about killing yourself in a 525. Honestly, if you're worried about people KILLING you for having a nice car, you got problems with Paranoia.

Also, "problems with paranoia" is a good band name. As far as the car, I don't see any real problems with it.

posted by  giant016

Killing me was an exaggeration btw... and i can drive so killing myself wouldn't be a problem in a 525 which isn't some monstrously fast car. The thing is the jealousy it causes and i don't want it to be scratched or anything like that, way too expensive as a first car.

posted by  sasxempire

And you are worried about 525 envy. Doesn`t the eclipse attract more attenion? If you don`t want the Bimmer I will take it off you hands. Sounds like a spoiled little brat to me. Your dad is probably paying the $15k for the other car. Unless you have a big bank account (from your good looks) listen to your dad. Too bad you can`t smack your kid`s because they are STUPID. I wish my dad had given me a new car instead of a 17 yr old piece of crap corvair for $50. But I still fixed it up and sold it for $2800 2 years later. GROW UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banghead:

posted by  talon699

Take the Beemer. Seriously.

And how does this guy think a turd gen Eclipse is going to attract more attention than a BMW? Those Eclipses don't even get a second look. And I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that his Dad spent a little more than $15k on a 2007 5-series.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I don't see the least bit of a spoiled little brat. They actually want a CHEAPER car! Somebody sounds a little jealous.

posted by  giant016

In my opinion, I would take the BMW, assuming that you can drive it properly and can afford the insurance. As long as you drive it in safe territory, I don't think you have to worry about being attacked for it. Also, a BMW for a 16 year old is a rarity so might as well enjoy it if you can. :2cents:

posted by  Nissan_Altima

I topped out my dads 325ci on the howard franklin at 3 am, trust me you can kill someone with a 5 series

posted by  99integra

You can kill someone with a go cart. Its how you decide to drive knowing that that matters.

posted by  PontiacFan27

I know but still if you have a faster car at your disposal and 16 year old male maturity then that just makes it easier to drive poorly

posted by  99integra

Your Message