Integra vs. Civic

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Integra vs. Civic

I want your opinions on this. I am looking at trading my 94 Civic DX hatch for a 91 Acura Integra GS hatch. It has around 30k less miles, it's a 5 speed and already has some decent rims/tires. I have 16's on mine but it is an automatic and I would like the stick. The Integra would also be quite a bit quicker.

What do you guys think about the two different cars? Any suggestions?

posted by  Nickboxer7

They're both from Honda, and they're both reliable even for Hondas. I'd go for it, man.

posted by  PontiacFan27

It's faster, has less miles, and has the tranny you want. Get it.

posted by  giant016

Get it, it's hella faster and it's a decent looking car.

posted by  elchango36

The integra is faster, has power everything, looks nicer, has the transmission you want, and less mileage.

Is the sky blue?

posted by  Mathew

Assuming both cars are in the same shape or the Integra's better, seems obvious if it's in your budget.

posted by  jedimario

id go for it theintegra is more reliable (thats what i think)

posted by  resistanceking

Really? Do you have any sort of statistics or documentation to back that opinion up? Can you explain why an Integra that's made by Honda will be more reliable than a Civic that is also made by Honda? Or did you just "think" it? Enquiring minds want to know.

posted by  vwhobo

^^^ I heard having vtec increases your reliability three fold :laughing:

on topic, go the integra :thumbs:

posted by  GreekWarrior

Five-speeds are always more fun. Plus, if the car has less miles, I think it would be a good idea anyway. :thumbs:

posted by  SlipKnoT

integra is a better performer hands down. looks are really a thing of preference...I really like the JDM bar style front end over the USDM squinty eyes. they are both hondas, so reliability, resale value, and gas consumption should not be a big worry, and neither should the miles on the vehicle or motor. try to find one in good condition with no leaks, and you will be set. hell my civic just broke 111,111 miles the otehr day and no leaks, or squeeks. all year integras were the same, except i dont remember if the GSR was offered in the earlier years such as 94 and 95, and the type R was available in 00 and 01. the year of the car will effect the resale price as well, but wont change the running characteristics of the car unless there were recalls done (search about this). keep in mind you will need an alarm if you get the integra, becuase they have a very high theft rate for their b18 motors and other parts. any more questions?

P.S. search in consumerreports for the integra and see the ratings for various years, make your pick, and enjoy

posted by  newyorker

Your Message