105k miles
Auto
2 owners
Clean Title
Clean Carfax

MOds
Short Ram Intake
Tanabe Super Racing Medallion exhaust.
Nuespeed Sport Lowering Springs. (installed by NTB with Alligment)
New blox bolts and bushing for the suspension all around.
Nuespeed Front upper Tie Bar ( hard to find- not strut bar)
HID KIT -5500k (still under warranty)
Custom all red tailights
Acura integra Type R spoiler
ADR 17' Phantom wheels-gold
Yokohoma 205/40/ZR 17 summer tires
Tinted Windows- 20% back 3, 35%front 2. ( lifetime warranty)
JDM DC5 RSX Integra emblem
"integra" removed from rear bumper. (new paint on rear bumper)
Alarm
Remote Starter
Keyless Entry

The following services were done to the car recently.
100k miles Timing Belt + water pump with reciepts
104k miles - Tune up(spark plugs, wires, distributor cap rotor, ect) from Acura with reciept.
Front outer Tie rod, Secondary O2 sensor, and ABs speed sensor also changed.

2nd Car: 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (AWD Turbo)
1 owner
Auto
Bone stock
82k miles on body +trans
57k miles on engine with reciepts for engine

posted by  V-Tec

are you selling your integra??

posted by  GreekWarrior

5k for the Teg
7K for the DSM
:2cents:

posted by  elchango36

ya i am

posted by  V-Tec

i was thinking teh same things except i thought maybe i could get like 8 for the DSM. Engine just put in with 6 mo warranty

posted by  V-Tec

You'd have to fight to get 8. I could see you getting 8 if it was all original. Unless the price is right, you won't find many people willing to buy a rebuilt car.

posted by  elchango36

Thats a dumb statement. DSM tuners, especially late models, can go for 10k or more. A fresh motor is more incentive, not less.

posted by  PontiacFan27

A fresh motor makes people wonder why one was needed so early. Lack of maintenance, drove hard?
And people also wonder about the quality of the motor or rebuild in case of a performance vehicle.

posted by  Enthusiast

Precisely.

posted by  elchango36

yeah i dont think the new motor will increase the price....the reason a new motor was needed is when the oil was changed the oil filter wasnt and that ceased the engine later on.

posted by  V-Tec

Oh you guys are so right. I'd rather have a 80k mile 8 year old engine than an engine with 60k on it.

posted by  PontiacFan27

i see both sides of this argument how someone would be fine with having less miles on the engine, the other side is though that the motor is not original...

posted by  V-Tec

That's you personally. Think about the overwhelming MAJORITY of consumers. I can assure you they don't think like you. Where as you see a fresh motor, a clean slate; they see future problems.

posted by  elchango36

you have to look at whos going to be buying the car though... is it going to be someone whos looking for a good reliable vehicle for their daughter, a grandma, a kid who wants to buy a car to build. everyone thinks differently about what a fresh engine means, and how much something would be worth. all you have to do is sell them on it, if they say its to much, thats their problem.if its wayyyyy to much, then its your problem. just make sure you start high, so you can work your way down. its easy to work down, harder to work up. so just watch how low you go or youl be kicking yourself in the rear. if youre going to aim for 8 lowest 7, list for 9k obo someone is always going to jump on "obo"

my question though. what happened to the car that it needed an engine after 30 thou?

posted by  mazda6man

Who's going to be looking at turbo DSM's as a reliable car for their kid?

posted by  PontiacFan27

NVM, there's no convincing you as far as I can see.

posted by  elchango36

Nothin happened to it after 30 thousand.... it happened with 81k miles on the car. The person didnt change the oild filter and that ceased the engine. The replacement engiine has 57k miles on it with a 6 mo warranty.

posted by  V-Tec

Ive just learned to ignore him as hes about half retarded as far as Ive learned.
He thinks the people from the south are the bad ones:orglaugh:

posted by  Enthusiast

KBB.com..I doubt you will get more money for them because of mods...they usually dont increase the price, but instead decrease.

posted by  newyorker

:orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: :orglaugh: so true.

posted by  Spanky2324

He didn't say the car was rebuilt, he said the engine was replaced. Theres a huge difference.

I think it should increase the value.

posted by  Mathew

There's a difference, but I wouldn't call it huge. Here are my points on why it decreases value:

A.) Potential buyers will never be certain that the last engine went sour because of an oil filter. As is the nature with these cars, they will assume it was abuse that cause the engine to go. But it wasn't was it, it was neglect. If something as simple to change like an oil filter was neglected and that's what caused the original motor to go, I wonder what else has been neglected. Hhhmm.

B.) Potential buyers will also question the quality of the "fix". Unless they know the shop or mechanic that repaired the car, in their eyes it will never be the same as that engine that rolled off the assembly line with the car. Is it a stupid idea? Yes. But that's how your average consumer thinks. Regardless of how good V-Tec claims the swap went, it will always raise a little red flag in your average consumer's mind. "If he just went through the hassle of replacing the engine, why would he want to sell it?" The answer here is obvious: he bought the car with the sole intent to sell, but the consumer may not see that. Quite simply, there are too many variables that come into play when trying to squeeze every penny from this car.

V-Tec, how about some pics? The only way I can see you getting more than $8k is if everything else is MINT.

posted by  elchango36

Actually you are wrong. There is a huge difference. A rebuilt car is a car that was written off due to a major accident or theft, and has been "rebuilt" then put back on the road.

A car with a new engine is a car with a new engine.

posted by  Mathew

So what would you call his car? New and Improved perhaps?

posted by  elchango36

I don't know, a car with a new engine?

posted by  Mathew

Hmmmm I bought my car for $4500 with a 3 inch downpipe and 4 extra spares. Sounds like a great deal and it is. For any other buyer this would raise an eyebrow but I talked and hung out with this guy a lot and he had all the papers of proving what was done and from the shop here in cali(FFtec). You can put it for 8 but be willing to go low like elchango posted at 7k and maybe even lower more. Your choice.

posted by  Spanky2324

Your Message