My exhaust is now one of a kind

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  My exhaust is now one of a kind

So we were about to do my axleback with a twin loop muffler, but decided to run without a muffler at all, and now have a side exit 2.5 inch coming out behind the wheel. sounds amazing, and now im definately one of the few people with a side exit civic.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7904/image195vi5.jpg

We are still running the stock header with the stock cat, stock piping, and the stock sankei resonator (now my muffler)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeg1o1jBoRc

posted by  newyorker

how much did that run u? i am thinking of doing somethin like this on an mr2 i am getting except it would be a little more complicated.

posted by  V-Tec

45 labor
14 for the alluminized 2.5 inch pipe (2 feet or so)
7.99 plus tax for the pep boys tip

posted by  newyorker

Wow thats looks horrible. Why run it all the way to the back just to angle it out the side? Side exhaust is usually that way so pipe can be shorter or fitment issues.

Thats worse than the ricers that run a tip turned sideways. Also bends dont help exhaust flow so even though its probably better now that there is no muffler, striaght out the back probably would have performed better, although it'd probably be such a small gain it'd be a mute point.

Should have ran it tucked up under the bumper with a turndown so you couldnt see any exhaust.

posted by  Enthusiast

Should have gotten a proper muffler. That sounds terrible.

posted by  elchango36

looks are personal opinion..as far as having it shorter, we didnt want to chop my whole exhaust to move the resonator, then cut the jacking point under the car, make a flat tip (i didnt find the one I would want as a rectangle). it sounds amazing. it does not add any performance either axleback or full catback exhaust..thats just the way the car is.

posted by  newyorker

sounds awesome...much better than a muffler would have been, and quieter and not as annoying, tacky, or typical. i had an HKS HiPower with a 4.5 inch tip and an OBX twin loop, but I decided to go this route.

posted by  newyorker

It sticks out the side... :screwy:

For the love of G-d find something real to do with your time and money.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Its one of a kind the same way smoke stacks thru the hood are :laughing:

personally thats what I would have done with a civic

posted by  nighthawk

thats the point of a side exit exhaust...it comes out of the side..no need to be a dick tho :banghead:...also if you watched the video ud see that it sits flush with the bumper...the picture just makes it seem like its 6 inches out, and if u wana talk spendin money, i dont tint my moms car, nor do i put a system in it

posted by  newyorker

1) The video makes it seem like it's 6 inches out too.
2) I was personally told by someone that it comes out (although not by 6 inches, that's an exaggeration).

Drawn upon that conclusion, it sits out. I'm sorry if I was a dick. It is your car, so feel free to do whatever you want with it. But we all have our opinions and mine is that I can think of a lot better ways of spending money.

And don't be stupid. I put $150 tints and transferred a sound system from the old car into my daily driver. I don't waste hundreds of dollars on a suspension, sway bars, a shocker sticker for a 115hp, 4 door car that was designed to be an economy car.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

well it doesnt stick out...it sits pretty much flush with the bumper, maybe an inch out, but noone has a tucked exhaust behind body panels...personally told by who? igor is the only one who saw it and he was it last night, before you made your post...if dima told you it sticks out, he hasnt seen it in person either. dont worry man my economy 115 horsepower sedan still rides great, and ask igor how it handled with me, my 260lb friend, a 200lb friend, and igor inside of it, how my driving is, and if my exhaust actually sticks out or not. while ur there ask him if my car looks like shit, or rides too rough cause of the drop, or any other questions. fact of the matter is I get some of the best parts when I put upgrades on, and thats why my car drives and looks the way it does.:banghead:

P.S. sway bars arent on yet. Progress 27mm front and 22 rear with progress mount kit/tie bar are coming in august along with LCA bushings

posted by  newyorker

and since you (slio) dont answer my IMs you can back your claim up here or meet me at the track and see if my 1000s of dollars of parts are just the BS you make them out to be. Of course youre going to assume that I mean a 1/4 mile race not paying any mind to the parts list in my sig, because not knowing what most of the stuff is, you wouldnt even think about the car being set up for autocross and road racing (which you will surely mistake for street racing). In fact, for most of the parts you would have to use howstuffworks to wikipedia to see what they are and what they are used for, only then would you begin to understand. Then again if you werent a dick in the first place telling me to spend my time and money elsewhere, I wouldnt have been bashing your lack of knowledge right now. In fact I would have been more than happy to explain to you what the parts are, and how they are better than stock.

P.S. does anyone know where I can get a well priced rollcage for the car? they are mandatory for hillclimb events :(

posted by  newyorker

That is where you make a mistake. I will not deny that you can probably beat me in auto-cross and probably even the 1/4 mile. But I have enough maturity and intelligence to realize that it is pointless. So what that you can beat me in autocross? Who cares? Newflash: to 95% of people, you're the typical teenager with too much money to spend for his own good. It gets better though. If you turbo that thing through your ass and somehow end up with 200hp (I'm exaggerating, point stays the same), it STILL does not matter. A car is still a car and you still just spent so much money on something completely pointless. Unless you have the time and money to make it a project, you're still a teenager dropping money into bolt ons on a a car designed for economy.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

ill school you all in my buick

165 hp ftw

posted by  nighthawk

It may be pointless to you, but that doesnt make it pointless to other people. You like nice cars like the vr4, but I like to make them even better and faster, and that is where the similarities end. True my car was designed for economy, its not an Si model, not even an EX, but the driver makes the car, not vise versa. A good driver can take a geo prizm and drive it better than you can a vr4. Im just on a different level with the whole car thing, and sure I can respect the fact that you wouldnt tune a civic, or an economy car for that matter, but saying its pointless is a bit derogatory not only to me but to everyone who works on these cars. Its just a civic, but with the right parts it becomes something completely different. Ive thought about boost but there are too many things to be changed and the 160 horsepower id have at the end just wouldnt be worth it (this is at the wheel not crank). Ive also thought about getting a project car..checked out a 240sx this past week..once again wasnt for me because of the immense upkeep on both cars with insurance and mods. As far as bolt-ons go, most parts you see ARE boltons. Even turbo kits to a certain degree are boltons. The things that arent are upgrading the motor's internals, which is once again a lot of money, and arent available for my d17 motor especialy with the non vtec a1 head. If you have any questions, you know I am happy to answer, and ive done so fo you in the past, but dont come in here telling me that my hobby is pointless..may be so to you, but to those who actually do it on a serious level (not the ricers) its very serious.

P.S. I found out what that little black box you broke was. It was the charcoal filter.

posted by  newyorker

Grand national? I like the 87 GNX!!! Beauty

http://www.gnttype.org/images/87gnx-rw.jpg

posted by  newyorker

Now for the sticking out part, I consider it to stick out when its past the furthest body line, in my case the door/wheel. Here is a pic from center city...the tip is chrome...its nowhere to be seen behind my wheel.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8116/2831171880093666982scyqpz2.jpg

posted by  newyorker

I was kidding, I drive a family car such as yours or altimas

and the gnx had much more power than that lol

posted by  nighthawk

oo...what kinda buick?

posted by  newyorker

94 Century, 3.1 liter, 165 hp 200 lb ft

nothing electronic besides the fuel injection system, no ABS, no traction control, just you, the car, and the road ( sorta like a ferrari F40 jeremy clarkson would say)

j/k but its enough for me until my other car is finished lol

posted by  nighthawk

I think modding a 115 hp car is pointless also, especially a heavy one, if we were talkin about a seven car or a go kart it'd be slightly diferent, but its not and I doubt you could beat me on my BIKE, not a sport bike a bicycle, in an autocross.:orglaugh:

Oh and your exhaust, sure doesnt look like "the best parts" ever heard of bends, it probably look prettier than a bunch of butchered pieces of pipe welded together

posted by  Enthusiast

the "butchered" pipe is what gives it the tone and gurgle I was looking for, not just a bumblebee in my tailpipe. Its alluminized pipe 2.5 inches with amazing welds. Heavy??? I have it down to 2450lbs...thats not heavy at all. Wanna talk shit then bring that camaro to an autocross so I can smack you in the face with my trophy after I embarras you in front of the whole crowd

posted by  newyorker

I don't think side exhaust is even legal over here..... off the top of my head anyways.

posted by  windsonian

Haha dumbass I dont autocross in the Camaro. I have a 92 miata.
Well I dont really autocross in it, I road race in it, but I guess if I was going to autocross it'd be in the miata. Its pretty much a race car, full suspension, a ton of weight reduction, good tires, and a few more ponies:hi: .

The camaro handles like shit, probably still take that civic of your though

posted by  Enthusiast

Probably? Are you kidding?

NewYorker, you should definitely tell your weld-happy pal to get a mandrel bender.

posted by  PontiacFan27

bring it then. that busted ass domestic is gona be further and further away with every turn.

posted by  newyorker

Please don't tell me you would rather have your 4-door, beige, econo Civic over his Camaro.

posted by  Nissan_Altima

Newyorker: I hope you have your fire-proof jacket on, I see a flame-war in your future. Oh BTW, 2450lbs is heavy for that wimpy 115hp motor of yours.

posted by  elchango36

Haha I told you I road race the miata, dont be scared it started life with only liek 117hp, so seems pretty even.:orglaugh:

Oh and if you really do want to camaro, just so you know it not busted up anymore, the tranny has been repaired with viper parts and I have a first fo its kind textralia style clutch which i good for 700hp. The only thing mechanically wrong with the car is a bad wheel bearing and an exhaust leak which will both be fixed tommorrow at work. But anyways if you think it cant handle Ill swap out my drag suspension for the hotchkis springs and strano sway bars sittin in the garage, dial up the konis and throw the 275 Kumho V710s back on, and absolutely destroy your ass on any track.

Dont be hatin on my car just cause its got over 3 times the horspower of yours.

posted by  Enthusiast

I've certainly heard worse, to the extent that an exhaust blow would sound "sportier". On first glance I didn't like how it looked, however when I saw the view from the outside I thought it looked alot better. I still fail to see your point though, NY'er. I mean, why would you do that when you could have the rear bumper cut, and have a sporty looking tailpipe sitting flush with that instead? I'm guessing cost was a factor. I just have a dislike for boy-racers in general, lol.....Do you go to McDonalds' drive-thru's over there in the US, and cause a nuisance like our Boy-racers do? I also hate street racing or any equivalent erratic driving, and it makes me want to slam on my brakes when some wannabe who thinks he/she can drive comes up behind my with their front foglamps on....Newsflash; FOGlamps are only supposed to be used in adverse weather conditions....like FOG for example, lol.

posted by  Cliffy

Shit with gas prices I'd take the Civic over the Camaro ANY day :2cents:

posted by  99integra

You gotta pay to go fast,

But I do get almost 30mpg and mine is running shorter gears.

posted by  Enthusiast

whats your redline?? just wondering

posted by  newyorker

So true and he wants to put in a rollcage to hillclimb. I've climbed in my prelude before and it wasn't gettin up the hill too quick. I'll see you newyorker in some autox action or even a backroads run.

Where else would he show off this awesome sound of a exhaust system.

posted by  Spanky2324

wow, it has the same style exhaust as my 3/4 ton work van... but mine is mandrel bent and sounds better.... oh yeah, and it's way bigger...

posted by  dodger65

I can rev it to 6250rpms but I rarely do. I would usually shift around 5700 but I had my redline raised a tad incase im out on the track and I just really need to hold onto a gear before coming into a corner.

But when Im at the strip it only goes to 5700 or 5800

posted by  Enthusiast

Thats one thing I never really liked about domestic cars...do make them go high RPM costs a lot, and most have a LOW redline...meantime I see guys with b16 motors pushing into 10k RPM..just a fun factor for me

Ive gotten my puny ass motor to 7100 before the limiter kicked in. Hopefully I can get an S2000 sometime and enjoy 9k :)

posted by  newyorker

as far as rollcage, to climb here you MUST have one..they will not let you run otherwise.

No I dont hang out at mickey's, nor do I go to meets unless its a special event..I just do it for me

posted by  newyorker

Wow that is the most retarded shit Ive ever heard

posted by  Enthusiast

Your power peaks at 6300. Its not doing you any good to run it past that.

You really are an idiot.

posted by  PontiacFan27

Actually you are supposed to rev past your peak power. You should shift whenever the rpms would fall back and allow for the most area under the curve, between the new rpm and the shiftpoint.

Sorry that was harder to put into words than I thought it'd be.

I doubt it does him any good to go all the way to 7100 though.

posted by  Enthusiast

I would have had my tube bent and attempted to fabricate something so that it exits ahead of the rear wheel. But realistically, I wouldn't do it at all...unless I was SUPER bored.

But I respect his attempt at modification. It's mostly always cool when someone takes effort to mod their car. He's trying people, give him his due.

posted by  What

He paid a guy to do it...

posted by  PontiacFan27

Yea sorry I dont have a welder, knowledge or materials...so let me try to make an axleback for myself :screwy:

posted by  newyorker

How so...I like cars with a high RPM thats all...domestics never did it for me with a few exceptions

Drove a friend's friend's v8 mustang 6000rpm straight pipes cobra wheels...man that was fun

Other than that there are just too many boys running around with v6 camaros and mustangs thinkin they are hot shit...i keep up with 5-speed mustangs like im tied to em and the automatics are a joke

posted by  newyorker

Wait what!? Keep up with what kind of 5 speed mustangs. I hope your talking about a 94 V6 mustang. No way in hell are you "tied" to any new V6 let alone a V8. You sound like the V dub kids around here in there 1.8t's saying there gonna get my friends mustang on top end. You may like high rpm cars but that just takes them all the longer to gain full power.

oh btw the way when I said hill climb I wasn't talking about rollcages I was asking how a honda like yours can make it up a hill.

posted by  Spanky2324

This coming from a Civic owner. Wow.

posted by  giant016

No I dont mean the new ones...oo and believe me it makes it up a hill...and it spins off the line...

posted by  newyorker

Yea...who would have thought that a honda owner actually has the IQ NOT to race everyone he sees, NOT rice a car, and talk shit on puny ass v6 domestics

posted by  newyorker

OK, enough!!!!

Newyorker, please hold this to your mouth next time you say something like that.
http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/bullshit-bag.jpg

Everyone here knows that your Civic, with it's puny little STOCK economotor, and it's so-called 2450lbs couldn't keep up with a horse, let alone a V8 muscle car. If your gonna post on this forum, please for the love of God, get in touch with reality. You're the exact type of idiot that gives us Honda tuners a bad rep. You're the reason guys like Enthusiast and Pontiacfan don't gives us any credit when its due. You're the reason everyone else hates us Civic drivers. When they see a Honda, they automatically think of someone like YOU behind the wheel. And frankly, I'm f***ing tired of automatically being labeled a ricer, ignorant POS that worships EVERYTHING from Japan, and glorifies anything with VTAK. I'm sick of it. It's why come next summer, I'm selling my Civic to some idiot like you. I'm done with Honda. I'm done with Japan. Far too many bandwagoners and far too many idiots.

posted by  elchango36

still looking into a miata?

posted by  nighthawk

So true:clap: :clap:

posted by  Spanky2324

Not for a daily, it's too unpractical. Perhaps sometime further down the road, as a project. Looking at the MKV GTI. Drove my friends and absolutely fell in love with it. It's fun to drive, very comfortable, fast, practical, and on the city streets it looks stunning.

posted by  elchango36

I didnt say I keep up with V8 mustangs...I said I keep up with the v6 5-speeds and I beat the automatic v6s...maybe you should read closer next time before spitting shit from your mouth...that bag is actually useful now for ya

posted by  newyorker

something about this doesnt sound right...

I know my car is faster than Newyorkers in a straight line

I know my car is slower than automatic V6 mustangs

I do 0-60 in about 8.something seconds
these mustangs do it around 7.5-8 seconds
your car probably does 0-60 in around 9 flat

its no big deal, im sure you're car handles better than mine, my car is FWD and has a solid rear axle, yeah... not fun in the twisties

posted by  nighthawk

I'm not the one spewing all types of shit in every single post I make. In this thread you've managed to bash on domestics, bash on muscle cars, show your ingorant ricer attitude, and look like a complete dumbass. I knew EXACTLY where you where going with this post...

Why? I know your kind. I run into you f**ksticks everyday. You're an abomination to the tuning crowd. You join Honda forums, and emulate other idiots. You read useless tuner magazines that share your same biased views. And worst of all, you think you know everything. The fact of the matter is you know absolutely nothing. I know this from the comments you've made. Not just in this thread, but on this forum. Your ricer attitude and complete lack of knowledge is crystal clear in these post...

It's that ignorant ass attitude of "my Honda's better than EVERYTHING" that got you here in the first place. I don't like to start flamewars, but you left me no choice. Someone has to put you in your place. It might as well be a Honda tuner.

Who the hell are you kidding, you can't drive for shit. Your ignorance gives this away. Those 2 posts give it away. Your just another worthless, good for nothing, shit talking punk-ass teenager with too much ego, pride, and testosterone for your own good. Everyone here knows this except for you. Maybe one day, after you've been humiliated beyond belief, you'll grow up and learn from your mistakes. Untill then, do us all a huge favor and think about what you say, before you say it.

Have a nice day!:wink2:

posted by  elchango36

I dont bash all domestics...you missed my post where I said that my buddies buddies stang gt..then again you only read what u wana read...also I only talked shit to him becuase he started it by bashing imports...its an eye for an eye relationship, and no i dont hate any one group of cars. v6 stangs and camaros can be made very fast as well, but for some reason every asshole here with one who has a dual tip sticking 9 inches out past the bumper thinks hes a hotshot. id own a v8 stang, a cobra, any corvette, and I still believe for sheer comfort, a caddy or a lincoln is the way to go, but lexus and acura are slowly creeping up behind them.

posted by  newyorker

Oh WOW, Ive shredded the tires in a 107 hp Scion xB, In the Z I can break them loose going into 4th, on my 245 KDWSs.

Werent you previously just talking about how you can run right with a v6 maro or mustang.
Okay if the domestiv V6s are puny and you run, supposedly, right next to them you in turn have a puny ass import. hahaha

and Apparently you do talk shit on puny ass V6 domestics.

Hey ,man I like your hatch, I looked it up on car domain back in the day its pretty cool. And I do appreciate imports, nothing opens your eyes like gettin killed by a 9sec integra at the strip. And Im even considerin gettin into honda a little, it'd be a miata with a S/C S2000 K series (can't remeber the exact designation at the moment). But yah I do hate "honda tuners: see ricers" like newyorker.

Wow you start backin up pretty quick when someone makes you look like a dipshit. You were just trash talking V6 domestic now your saying how they can be made fast, and you like your buddys stang that revs to 6K but dont like my car that makes more power and revs to 6200.

Oh and about the Vette buddy, you dont like V8 Camaros, but they've had the same DAMN motors since day one. Do you realize that since the camaro has come out, pretty much the only two motors they havent shared have been the LT5 (which you have probably never even heard of, oh and its bottom end is good to past 8K), and the LS2 and LS7, which came out after the camaro had been killed.

posted by  Enthusiast

1. I clearly said his GT was an exception to that.
2. V6 camaros and mustangs are a joke...these are supposed to be "muscle cars" that barely. or in some cases dont hang with my econobox of a civic (yes its a slow econobox)
3. Im not a ricer in any way
4. You are thinking of the FC20 (I believe) s2000 motor
5. Any car can be made fast, but there are a whole lot of kiddies running around with 6 cylinder stock stangs that think they got muscle, when they are as slow or slower than my civic.

/thread

posted by  newyorker

Thanks Enthusiast. :thumbs:

Funny, there's a lot of kiddies running around in stock Civics and Neons that think they're hot shit. Case in point- YOU!

Edit: And for the record, beating V6 domestics is hardly an achievement, let alone keeping up with them.

posted by  elchango36

Wait, are you saying that you have the I.Q. NOT to talk shit to puny ass v6 domestics, or that you have the I.Q. to do so? If it's the earlier, well...just read some of your own posts. If it's the later, I don't see why you'd need a high IQ to bash on somebody. Maybe to bash on somebody well, but I haven't seen that here.

And let me get this straight: You want the loudmouth-dumbass Civic owner stereotype lifted from you (assumably because you don't think it's fair to you) while you go on to talk about how v6 domestic owners are loudmouthed-dumbasses. The vast majority of 6banger domestics I see are owned by 40something y/o women.

posted by  giant016

not around here they arent...they run around thinkin their cars are hot shit just cause they have the mustang badges on them. meantime I know my car is slow, and I dont say its fast...what I DO say though is I put these idiots into their places...must be embarrasing being in this big muscular 6 cylinder mustang and all...and then realizing you are no faster than a civic with an intake and heavy wheels...not to mention one of the slowest civics ever made. My point here is not to neccesarily talk about the cars, because lets face it any car can be made into pretty much anything depending on your budget and creativity, but its more the owners that piss me off cause they think they are hotshots in their "muscle cars" that are really not fast at all. ive actually seen one of these morons peel out (and his one wheel burnout was o so awesome leaving one trail on the ground) out of a parking lot, spin out and slam the curb.

However its like that with most people that own slow cars. they feel they need to impress the people with fast cars, and the people with fast cars know they have fast cars and they dont need to show off to feel good inside. These are the kids that race up and down my local street...the one that is completely straight and level, so there really isnt any skill used to drive, but it just lies on who has the faster car, or who can shift the fastest without grinding anything.

me on the flipside..I am not a fan of straightline racing at all, and prefer to go on a twisty road where there are no cars and drive it for an hour or so just to further learn how to be a better driver (note I do this on empty roads becayse god forbid I somehow lose control, I dont hurt any innocent people), so I dont see how im a ricer at all, or a stereotypical civic owner as you call me. but it doenst matter, because no matter what name you give me or my car, im still going to practice my hard driving, will keep pushing my little civic into a turn, and when I get that faster car, I will know the basic elements of driving, so if I start to understeer or oversteer, I WONT plow into something or someone but il remember my days in the civic and know that during understeer you lift the throttle, and oversteer you lift the throttle and straighten the wheels. Its just what I love to do.

P.S. Chango, my car isnt stock...if anyone drove my car and then a stock 7 gen on an autocross, they would know...

posted by  newyorker

good for the goose is good for the gander.

if you stereotype, then you must expect others to also :wink2:

posted by  windsonian

So your trying to show off your slow car in front of fast cars right? May it be straight line or not in a race it requires skill to get that launch and that shift. yes auto crossing may require more skill. A twisty road with no cars? How do you know theres no cars on that road. Every twisty turn may lead to a car with a family coming around that turn. I've seen it done on a supposed "empty" road a 300zx began swerving to the side on the road and lost control and came close to hitting a car luckily that car stopped quick enough. Unless this road is blocked then don't call it empty cause there always may be something around the bend. I'm still not seeing how your keeping up with even v6 mustangs at least the 2005 and up models for that instance. So apparently theres kids around your neighborhood thinking there hot shit with em but what do you think your doing? Your a reason why I despise many honda owners. Like chango said the "honda will beat anything" attitude. Just cause you throw a few suspension parts on your car doesn't mean your going big time. So I think you need to put your mouth back in that BS bag.

posted by  Spanky2324

how many tires does your "slow econobox" spin off the line that you were referring to?

posted by  dodger65

i never said 2005 and up..i said the older ones. I drive on farm roads where there are NO cars at all, and very few during the day...at night they are completely cleared

posted by  newyorker

i never said 2005 and up..i said the older ones. I drive on farm roads where there are NO cars at all, and very few during the day...at night they are completely cleared

posted by  newyorker

Hey new yorker I drove your car yesterday. A younger guy came into the shop with the exact same car, minus some of your suspension work and goofed up exhaust, and I had to take it out for a test drive, and OMG. Slowest thing EVAH, and Ive driven some really really slow cars.

posted by  Enthusiast

And he thinks it'll make it up a hill.:orglaugh:

posted by  elchango36

I hope these aren't legitimate reasons that you are selling your car. Why do you give a hoot if some lame stereotyping guy in the other lane (who you don't know) thinks you're a "ricer"? Who the hoot knows what a "ricer" is outside of frequent internet car forum guys?

You're done with Honda? Because of these reasons? How old are you, kid.

When kids don't have real responsibility or real problems, they make drama over sh*t that doesn't matter. Be done with Honda if their cars really began to scar your life...not over some dumb-hoot.

posted by  What

Yep they are pretty slow, but not the slowest things ever. drive a v6 mustang...you think its fafst cause of all of the noise and vibration but youre really going nowhere...at least my car isnt shit loud and comfortable, and still retains great running characteristics

posted by  newyorker

Thats what I've been saying in my last few posts. How can that car make it up a hill???

posted by  Spanky2324

just as good as that old ass prelude you have (or had)

posted by  newyorker

What:

Obviously that is not the sole reason for my departure from the H badge (I won't deny it's an underlining factor). It's hard to be taken serious as a genuine car enthusiast when you drive a Civic. But you're right, this isn't enough to get me out of the Civic.

The fact of the matter is I've grown up. I'm not the speed obsessed teenager I once was. For the last 2 years my focus has been building a car worthy of autocrossing. And somewhere in that quest I've lost some sense of reality. The reality is that this is my ONLY car. It's not just a toy that I use on the weekend to release all of life's stresses on. It's also my A-B car. It's my grocery getter and shuttle home every now and then. As a weekend racer it is spectacular. As my daily driver it just isn't. It's just too hardcore, too uncomfortable, it's too hard to live with everyday.

It's rather tiring to drive, especially over long distances. Because there's no sound deadening material it's too loud on the road, at any speed. And even when its on the Koni's softest settings, the race springs are stiff enough to disalign your spine everytime there's a hole in the road, which on I-57 is about once every 200 ft. (this quadruples in some parts of Chicago). There's no cruise control which makes it that much harder to sit back and relax on my 5 and a half hour drive home. The lack of power steering means it's a pain in the ass to parallel park after that long and tiresome drive. The B16 transmission is great for ripping through gears, but horrible for highway cruising. To keep the car at a steady 65mph cruise, the engine has to spin at 3500RPM. Because of this I wouldn't be surprised if it drinks more than your 5.0. And because it's gas tank is the size of a zippo, I have to pull over and fill up about every 250 or so miles. And since the engine's from Japan, it only drinks 93 octane (it knocks if I put 89 octane in). So that means within a 100 mile radius around Chicago, I've had to pay upwards of $30 for fuel (which is ridiculous because 2 years ago, I'd fill up to the brim with less than $20). Then there's been the cost of building. I know I owe a lot to this car, after all I really learned to wrench on cars because of her. But the experience came at a price. I've only used OEM or better than OEM quality parts, so anything I have replaced has been pricey. And because I live in Bufu Illinois 9 months out of the year, I can't use my AutoZone employee discount since I have to overnight EVERYTHING but oil and fuel filters. I come up with nothing 90% of the time I go to salvage yards. Worst of all, when I'm not driving I can never relax anytime I've parked outside for fear that some d*ckless POS thief will come along and take what isn't rightfully his, or some jealous asshole will come along and key it because it's a nice looking Civic (I've been keyed 2x in Carbondale and 1x in Chicago).

It's all of these things combined that overshadow those moments of motoring bliss, when I've heel-toed down 2 gears, turned in, kissed the apex just right, and shot out of the corner using all of the cars power efficiently and effectively. And while ALL my friends who have driven her have commented on how much she feels like a go-cart, well try living with one everday.
:driving:

:edit: I forgot to mention the safety aspect. Here's the eye-opening video... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_86RuYXoJA&mode=related&search=)

posted by  elchango36

definetly driven both yours is slower haha.
Man you need a swap and ome boost or something

posted by  Enthusiast

no you havent..im not swapin anything cause I might sell it in a year, and move along with life. Like chango said, its nice having a stiff suspension and upgrades and this and that, but certain times I wish I had a passat or something more comfortable for long drives, something that doesnt lose a lot of power when the A/C comes on, and generally something with a bit more class...I guess its just a teenage thing that I was into that im growing away from, and even though il always want performance cars when im older, il go and buy something ready made like a porche, not build a honda.

Since I replaced everything in the car that I did, there are now a lot of little rattles and things from the stifer suspension and low profile tires slamming everything...its just growing away from me

posted by  newyorker

Try sphereical end links and solid mounts everywhere. That will wear on you, until you arm the spray, purge on an unsuspecting cobra and then kill them, then its all worth it.

posted by  Enthusiast

Your a bitch.

You let these suckers talk your confidence away from your car? You've "grown up" in a week? Now you want a Porsche? F*CK HONDA!?!??

I'd rather you stick to your guns and support your reasons for throwing on those "performance" parts and paying for a f*cked up exhaust.

posted by  What

I feel you there el chango. I took out my backseats and center console and everything for a week and damn was it loud in my car. It's a pain trying to talk on the phone let alone hearing your phone ring in the car. Shes all back together now just so noise won't overpower my ears:banghead: It's not like those backseats need to be back there in my car cause it's a pain unless your vern troyer or jason acuna to sit back there. Oh yeah btw newyorker my lude was faster and handled better then your car.:thumbs: Don't have her no more due to some dipsh** stealing and stripping the car down to nothing but it's not like it's rare for a honda to be stolen around here anyways. Oh well I moved onto bigger better things.

posted by  Spanky2324

I love my honda, otherwise I wouldnt have the vynil on the rear window, but everyone grows up. Sure I like to speed and all, but I can do that in any car. I still love hondas but there ARE other cars out there, and id like to give them a shot. Ive been growin up for almost 19 years, and now its time to fade away from all of this tuner stuff and move on with life. I have a girl, a job, college, and soon bills for my condo that im buying, as well as possibly a kid on the way (:banghead: )..I cant be doin this forever.

posted by  newyorker

I'm gonna be the first to say PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE.

posted by  PontiacFan27

My truck spins one :mrgreen:

posted by  99integra

These aren't signs that you're growing up.

I don't understand why men still get girls pregnant when they aren't ready. Chemical birth control is like 99% effective. Condoms are pretty effective too.

The older I get the more I get into this "tuner stuff" because I have more money. I've always had "girls", been in school, had some type of job, bills...etc. You aren't growing up, you're a normal teenager. Don't believe your hype, and don't let fools tell you tuning cars is "childish". You're not a real car enthusiast, your a fad follower.

posted by  What

Hit the nail on the head.:clap:

posted by  elchango36

its not childish, i didnt say it was...but its just a teen thing..il tune cars when I have more money in later life, but it wont be a civic...il still do autocross when im older...but not in a FWD car either. its just that ive got lots of driving to do on roads that arent friendly for it, and I dont want back pain...BTW the condom broke

posted by  newyorker

mine is strange...on an easy launch it spins one, on a harder launch spins 2

posted by  newyorker

Looks like I get to keep my car :)

posted by  newyorker

Your Message