KA24DE, Just the engine block?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  KA24DE, Just the engine block?

Does anyone know where I can find the KA24DE? I was looking on ebay, and they had some Altima engines that were KA24DE. Is that the same engine they put in the 240sx? I'm mainly looking for the engine block only?

posted by  DavidReuben

Well I just did some research, which I should have done before I posted these questions. The KA24DE is in the Altima. But the questions still stands. I really haven't done any engine building, and I want to get started, I've always like the 240sx, and I just want to start by building the engine. So if anyone knows where some good places to look are please inform me.

posted by  DavidReuben

where are you from? i work at a salvage yard and could probably get you one. i'll tell you now though, they arent cheap.

also what year 240sx are you looking to buy? the problem with you question is it is incomplete. in other words, i need more info. certain models take different engines. and for those of you who want to argue that they arent different, i have proof.

posted by  glagon1979

I'm not sure really, this may sound stupid but I just want to start by building the engine. I guess it might just be better to buy a cheap 350, cause it seems so easy to find parts.

I really like the '98's, but I haven't had much luck finding one cheap, and that hasn't already been modded to death. And on top of that I'm not really sure what I want to do. I was thinking that since they were in the Altima, it might be somewhat easier to find in a junk yard.

I live in Missouri.

How much do they cost?

posted by  DavidReuben

anywhere from $500-$1000 depending on milage. buying a used 350sbc would be the way to go as the parts are way cheaper and the hp gains are much greater. a used engine (complete) would run about $150-$250.

posted by  glagon1979

Yah that's a whole lot cheaper. I think I'll start there!

Thanks for the help.

posted by  DavidReuben

Your Message