Mitsubishi 3000gt 2wd doch non turbo

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mitsubishi 3000gt 2wd doch non turbo

Will a vr4 engine swap in my non turbo car be possible?

posted by  legaspic

Anything is possible with enough time, patience, and money. How hard will it be? I don't know, but I'd bet the farm that in the end you'll wish you just bought a VR4 in the first place.

posted by  giant016

I'm wondering what modifications will have to be done when dropping the tt motor into the n/a 3000gt?

posted by  legaspic

probbably a new trans as well..usually the trannies for those cars tend to get stronger in the tt versions..not worth it

posted by  newyorker

But it would be cheaper than tt my N/A car.

posted by  legaspic

What would where??

posted by  newyorker

In the end, it'll probably be cheaper to buy a TT. I guess it depends on your mechanical ability. One big factor financially is that a regular 3000GT with a VR4 swap won't be worth a lot, not nearly as much as a real VR4.

posted by  giant016

my cousin wants to modify her mitsubishi too.. any idea where she could get cheap? :wink2: :2cents:

posted by  kelliot

junkyard

posted by  240SXSR20DET

What kind of mitsubishi? When I make repairs or do service I order from jnz tuning. They have good prices on oem parts. Modacar.com has some package deals and there prices are decent. I plan to redo my cooling system and then start modding the car. As for the 3000gt. Just buy a vr-4 or if you wanna be on sleeper status buy a galant vr-4. Can't go wrong there.

posted by  Spanky2324

You guys still can't spot an ad when you see it, can you?

posted by  giant016

"mitsubishi spare parts"

I saw it.

I doubt you could convert a SL to a VR-4 at any reasonable price.
But there are a few N/A guys just going turbo but stayin FWD. There was a pretty quick one on a old racing video I had.

posted by  Enthusiast

I need help!!!! My 3000gt coupe is having starting problem, only when it's warm or hot. When I attempt to start it and it won't start right away, I just wait for about 10 minutes and it starts. I took it to the dealership but they couldn't find what's causing it. Isn't that a shame. I ended up taking it back unfixed. If you have any ideas or recommendations, please advice. I know there are a bunch of geniuses around here. Thanks.

posted by  ejsk12

Your Message