What would be the best course of action?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  What would be the best course of action?

I want a cheap car with a turbo that I can just play around with and learn on but still be a relatively good car after I'm done with it. What should I get, and what would be the best way of modifying it?

posted by  The_Kid

1989 probe GT/mazda mx 6... cheap and relatively good handling.. little heavy though for my taste

posted by  ateymura

Turbo dodge. late 80s dodge cars like the omni, spirit, and even their minivans had turbos and there is a large following for these cars.

Cheap Initial Price For Car
Mods are Very Cheap (there is someone making sheetmetal intakes for only liek 250 bucks)
Great sleeper looks
Motor is very strong

Its a coll car but usually pretty ugly than be made pretty quick for verycheap.

Im still on the lookout for a cheap turbo dodge but havent seen many yet.

posted by  Enthusiast

What do you mean by a little heavy? What would be more of your taste if you don't mind me asking?

posted by  The_Kid

Thanks, but I'm looking for more of an import car. Would you know of any thing like that?

posted by  The_Kid

The 1990 ford probe GT is 2731 lbs.. when you say you are looking for something cheap.. how cheap does it have to be?

posted by  ateymura

Well at least $5000 or under. but depending on the car i could stretch my budget a little.

posted by  The_Kid

Early model Mitsubishi Eclipse, Subaru Impreza, maybe a Nissan 300zx but I doubt you'll find one that cheap. There are a bunch of turbo Saabs.

But you'll never get any of these cars. It's easy to want a cheap ass busted turbo to "practice on" over the net, but when you're at the notary gettin' ready to exchange momma's hard earned $5,000 for some suspect import garbage you'll find you don't have the nuts. You ain't fixin' or practicing on shit home-boy, so stop fooling yourself and go buy a reliable car. It isn't cool to anyone for you to drive around in a half dead car that you don't know how to fix yet....not cool to your job, your girl, or yourself.

Ignore these suggestive bitches and listen to a LEGEND. Ask them what they drive....some will say "exhausted" Civic....some will say nothing...and some will lie....and some drive complete garbage like a Neon...all will get laughs.

Wait to buy junk...a legend suggests you...

posted by  What

I already have a reliable car "Home-Boy". But I want to get another car for more of a hobby. Everyone has to start somewhere. I'm sorry you had to beg your mom for money, but I don't. I'm pretty damn sure you didn't come out of the womb knowing how to fix anything up Mr. "Legend". I know more then you might think and I didn't come to this forum to be criticized. So if you want to give me some real advice please share. If your gonna be an asshole leave my thread.

posted by  The_Kid

I came out the womb knowing a whole bunch of shit. Now I advise you to re-read my first paragraph in my previous posts...I gave you a couple of car ideas. The mid-nineties Toyota MR2 Turbo is a good option to look into also.

posted by  What

Honda = saftey and ggood choice.

posted by  Arod

Alright thank you, I appreciate it.

posted by  The_Kid

second gen turbo rx7 or as the other guy said an mr2 sounds like a good choice too but i am not sure you can get a turbo mr2 for under 5k

posted by  ateymura

What about this?

mr2 turbo t top - 70k MILES FOR SALE, LOW PRICE!! - $4000
sale-397678301@craigslist.org
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
This is a deal the price is firm at 4k.

Car has a lot of extras..........

Rare Toyota Mr2 T-top Turbo

This car runs PERFECT boost (very fast)

Specs are:

Recently swaped out the old engine that was blown and put in a 70k miles engine(3SGTE Turbo)
5 speed LSD tranny
HKS SSQ B.O.V
HKS Muffler
HKS Turbo Timer
HKS Turbo Boost Control
JDM Tail lights
JDM Trunk
JDM Engine Lid
On 17's rims
Upgraded discs brakes
New brake pads
New Clutch
Upgraded to a T3 turbo
Custom made Downpipe for T3 Flange
Stock Exhaust side

Clean title, t-top mr2 turbo. 1991, NEW 70k 1993 engine.

Lows:

Front bumper needs paint and front hood needs fix.
Driver side seat a bit ripped
Minor exhaust leak!
THAT'S IT!!!!

posted by  The_Kid

honda

posted by  newyorker

Oh so you want something slow, haha jk.

And if its a daily driver listen to what. I thought you were talking about a car to just screw around with.

posted by  Enthusiast

Get a miata and turbo it, its so easy

posted by  Enthusiast

he said he wants a relatively good car :laughing:

posted by  ateymura

You have to be an idiot in the car world to think the miata is a bad car.:banghead: I never understood them till I drove one

posted by  newyorker

Why are people saying Honda? Hondas don't come turbocharged. Go with what said. MR2 is a good choice and there fun to drive.

posted by  Spanky2324

probably for the same reason as they are saing a miata

posted by  ateymura

I say a 180sx, I don't know how much they are over there but yeah.

posted by  GreekWarrior

I like nissans and all but I've heard that the engines are hard to work with and the parts for them get expensive. Is that true or just a misconception on my part?

posted by  The_Kid

I don't how stuff is over in the US, I live in australia. Over here you can grab an sr20det engine for about $1000-$1500 aus, and there are plenty of aftermarket parts for it, it's one of the most modified import engine in australia but like I said I don't know how stuff is over there.

posted by  GreekWarrior

Your Message