96 talon engine swap

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  96 talon engine swap

i got a 96 eagle talon esi and i wana drop a 01 eclipse gt 3.0 v6 engine into it...can it be done? of is it not compatible.

posted by  shadow

why would u wana drop that motor in there? you have more possibility if you swap a tsi motor in

posted by  newyorker

If you don't know the answer, you should shut the f*ck up.

Yes, it is possible, but it would require significant trailblazing fabrication because this isn't a popular swap and there isn't a kit that'll guide you. Unless you have a donor 01 Eclipse and a shop full of tools, it'll cost you bunches of money because you'll need to swap more hardware than just the motor.

And don't listen to the dummies, swapping in a TSi motor is almost as inefficient. In either case it would be cheaper to sell your car and buy the whole car whose engine you're swapping for. Don't get caught up in the swap talk bullshit. It's only talk.

posted by  What

Why would you want that 6G72 in your car when you could have a 4G63T? The TSI and GSX motor is a better choice being that it's a smaller size and makes the same amount of power. Your best bet is to buy a TSI to get away from that swapping crap and see how much better a 4G63 will treat you.

posted by  Spanky2324

Why did you quote me?

posted by  What

because you are gay

posted by  newyorker

What sometimes I can agree with you, and sometimes I can't. Right now on this thread I cannot justify why you would swap a 6G72 motor into his car. When he would have to fabricate and do all this extra crap when he could just swap the 4G63 engine in and just make as much power. My ultimate solution would be for him to sell his car and buy a TSI or GSX and be happy with a 210hp awd car and not have to worry about those craptastic 3rd gen eclipses.:thumbs:

posted by  Spanky2324

I don't know what the hell you were reading, but I'm pretty much in agreement with you. Swapping in a V6 from a 2001 Eclipse would be an ultimate waste of money...swapping in a 4G63 would be a waste of money to a lesser degree because the swap would cost less than a V6 swap but likely be more than buying a decent car factory equipped with a 4G63 engine. That was a summary of my summary of the situation...which is eerily similar to yours...but you don't agree with me.

posted by  What

Your Message