Engine Dress up...

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Engine Dress up...

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of any good online sites or places where i can look into engine accessories to make under the hood of my 300zx a bit more impressive.

posted by  cake872

get the intake mani powderoated...thats really a huge piece, and then i dont remember much else...pic??

posted by  newyorker

Well you could maybe buy it some earrings or maybe a nice summer dress from prada. Some socks for the fluid containers.......:laughing:

posted by  Spanky2324

I'd have to say i was kinda laughin at that. But seriously guys

posted by  cake872

You could go to eagle and have them make you a custom crank with a forged rod and piston combination. Maybe some cams and valve train. Tear the block down and have everything re-honed and decked. Have the heads ported and the valves done.

This will more than likely make the under hood of your car hell of expensive. I'd guesstimate about $4000 more expensive. And you don't even have to buy a dress. Unless you want to. :hi:

posted by  DSMer

Cunny hole dred. Alla that. I was thinkin more along the lines of chrome intake mani, some flashy cables and some polished parts. I thats like a grand short a what i paid for the car. To much for me. Oh and also does anyone no how to polish engine parts yourself?

posted by  cake872

First I always hit it with a dremel to debur it and give me a good starting point then I use some medium grit sand paper and go down to really fine grit then some polishing compound and if you want the finish to last some Zoop seal.

Ill try and find the write up I usually use that has all the sand paper grits and different compounds.

posted by  Enthusiast

Enthusiast has the right idea... but make sure you use Zoop seal to keep the finish.

posted by  varybarry

Hey that sounds like a plan thats worth the work. Hey enthusiast if u can find that write up it be great.

posted by  cake872

Oh and what do you mean by debur it? And what attachments do u use on the dremel?

posted by  cake872

Your Message