Hot nasty bad ass speed

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Hot nasty bad ass speed

Alright i have a 1998 Honda Accord Lx and its gotta throttle body spacer, new headers, new spoiler, and a new transmission. now minus a turbo, suspension, nitrous and other expensive shit what can i do to make my car go faster

posted by  bigman101

If you think nitrous is expensive, you're in the wrong game. I can't really think of too much that is cheaper than nitrous that will give you a noticable gain at this point. A catback exhaust will make your car more fun to drive, but not a ton faster. If you have an auto an aftermarket torque converter with a higher stall would make your car quicker and a lot more fun. However, that alone will probably cost $400 in parts alone.

posted by  giant016

thanks but i looked around for one and they dont seem to have for my car but what about a cam will that be good for an auto

posted by  bigman101

A performance cam will benefit both an auto and manual. The reason I said that a torque converter would only benefit an automatic is because only automatics have them.

A cam is a pretty serious and expensive mod. The part alone may not be that much, but it will require a good amount of labor (engine will probably have to be pulled out) and then the car will need to be retuned.

An Accord can be made fast, but if you're a newbie on modding cars I would not recommend it. You're starting off with a FWD non-turbo car with a small engine bay. A good starter car is RWD and either has a big enough engine bay to fit a large engine or has an engine in it that is already turbo'd or supercharged.

posted by  giant016

well i they dont make torque converters for honda accords so im kinda stuck but thanks for your help

posted by  bigman101

One more thing do you know how to take the governor out it also called the govenment chip and max speed chip

posted by  bigman101

:rolleyes:

posted by  jedimario

Do you have the 4 or 6 cylinder?

posted by  chris_knows

Ladies and gentlemen, lets leave this rice to cook on its own.

posted by  newyorker

4 cyl

posted by  bigman101

dude you got a new spoiler and 4 cylinders..youre set

posted by  newyorker

Pics pics pics!!!!

posted by  fudge

Or we could add some Komi Koji and help make him into Sake.

Basically, your car is what it is. It's going to take thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours to make it something else. If you want a fast car, it's much better to startout with a better base for somebody like you.

For your sake and ours, don't remove/reset your governor. Doing so would allow your engine to rev higher than it was designed to, and that will damage your motor A LOT. For our ske don't becuase I'm betting the governor is at least at 100mph, and theres no need for you to even go that fast. Remember, as speed doubles stopping distance quadruples. Plus, if you want to go that fast you'll want some speed rated tires, which will set you back a pretty penny if you don't want a blowout at 100mph.

What I'm saying in the end is that you' be much better off saving your money and buying something like a late 80's Mustang, Camaro, 240SX, 300ZX, etc. Fun to start with and a lot more potential.

posted by  giant016

I dont think he, as most of the other street ricers cares about safety..they all just wana be mad fast and furious yo!

posted by  newyorker

hey well thanks alot but by the way my car today got up 138mph on the highway and it was still climbing but i had to slow down because of cars in front of me.. the Dash says 150 but i think i can push it harder anyway thanks for the advice and im all about safety....but on more question can you put a throttle rotor and a throttle body spacer in the same car or no

posted by  bigman101

yea u jus skwish dem together lol

posted by  jedimario

138 on a U.S. highway? I'm thinking BS, but for the sake of argument, how is that safe? Do you have any idea of the stopping distances at that speed? What are your tires rated? If you think nitrous is expensive then I'm guessing you can't afford the proper tires for that speed.

Just because your speedo says 150 doesn't mean the car does anything near that. 138 in a 4cyl sounds pretty far fetched to me, and you say the car was still climbing.

posted by  giant016

ok ok ok you coaught me on the 138 it was 128 and it was still climbing... one day i will put it on you tube and i will tell what type of tires i have in another message but i gotta paper due in my class in college tom.

posted by  bigman101

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v167/174/105/332600751/n3326 00751_185615_4653.jpg

my speedo goes to 150, my limiter cut in at 112 that night. I feel the speedo being that much higher is just to give the driver a sense of security, as in when you are doing 80 on the highway, it seems like you arent pushing your car that hard because you still have all that ficticious 70mph left, whereas if it goes to 120, you feel like you are forcing your car because you are already almost at the end of the speedo

posted by  newyorker

very true but can someone answer my question can you put a throttle rotr and a throttle body spacer on the same car

posted by  bigman101

a what..you mean this??

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/11313831/Turbonator.jpg

Complete waste of money for your car, along with the Throttle body spacer, but in theory yes you can. The TB spacer goes under the TB, the "throttle rotr" as you call it goes into the intake pipe/tube.

posted by  newyorker

So how long did it take to get to "128"? Maybe 20 minutes or a half hour. If newyorkers speedo is cutting off at 112mph then yours should cut off at about that point as well.

posted by  Spanky2324

Well in his defence, my friend went 135 with his v6 accord (and coincidentially got a ticket for it)..thats how we know how fast he was going lol and I only have 1.7 liters opposed to this guy's 2.3, and my 115 horsepower and 109 torque to his 150 horsepower and 152 torque, so its possible to do 128.

My friend's v6 accord is only 2.7 liters and 170 horsepower and 155 torque I believe, or 165...128 sounds like a fair number I dont doubt it

By the way spanky, it took me about 1 minute when I took off from 60 in 3rd LOLOL I hate my turd

posted by  newyorker

actually i know how to drive my No offense to anyone but it only took me like 15 seconds but when i saw i had the open road and enough time i was already at like 60 so that could make a huge i didnt do it from a stand still and i will gove you pics of my engine and car when im done with it should be in about a month

posted by  bigman101

wow i was typin fast and forgot a whole lot of words ima dumbass but use your imagination im done for the night peace

posted by  bigman101

It took you 15 seconds to get from 60 to 128??

BS

posted by  newyorker

Ditto bs on all counts. Also just because you know how to drive your car doesn't mean it's safe to fly down the highway at that rate of speed. Suppose you come upon a pothole or a slick spot in the road. Keep it on a track dumbass. Yeah lets see engine pics of this beast:laughing:

posted by  Spanky2324

Remember my thread about my friend Joe?? Its sad that people cant even learn from other's mistakes its not like its a new thing that people lose control of their cars yet everyone thinks they are immune to it

posted by  newyorker

You got up to 128 because you "know how to drive"? It's an automatic with under 200hp...doesn't take too much skill.

Please, explain to me where you learned how to drive. Then go to an SCCA amatuer event. I'd bet me last shilling that the "amatuers" will mop the floor with you, and they still wouldn't consider themselves qualified to bring there cars up to those speeds on a public road. It seems every 17 year old that comes on here considers themselves pros at driving because they have been doing it for nearly a whole year. Believe me, really knowing how to drive takes year and years of actual track racing.

posted by  giant016

I thought Need for Speed and Fast and the Furious counted as experience...

posted by  chris_knows

Hey, dont' rag on my NFS, bro! :laughing:

posted by  jedimario

Oh no you didnt. Dude do you realize what youve done?? Hes gona go to the track, run 17 second 1/4 miles and then think hes an awesome driver and weave around traffic like a madman :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

**** no!! Forza 2 or bust!

posted by  newyorker

I just like to know what the hell are those and what they claim to do?

posted by  fudge

That's a turbonator--A turbo with no moving parts :laughing:...Here's how it works:
You put it in right behind the air filter, and those slots guide the air, since without a turbonator, the air just bounces around, and moves slower. A turbonator makes the air spiral, and mix better with the fuel, producing more power and efficiency, as well as a cleaner burn.

Here's (http://www.turbonator.com/WhatIsIt.html) a link that shows how it works.

posted by  chris_knows

Damn yall are Harsh.. Yo on some real shit though. i know what your talkin about safety ive only don that shit on the highway once get off my ****ing Case and there is actually more to driving an automatic than you think and oops i think i started up another rant about me on accident i didnt call myself a badass i didnt call myself a great driver a great racer or anything.... You people put words in my mouth This started as one simple GODDAMN question

posted by  bigman101

I would understand if you were talking about flying a plane, but I'm pretty sure everyone here has driven an automatic. I'm also pretty sure that most would say it's not that hard to drive. Honestly, it's harder to ride a bike really fast than to drive an automatic in a straight line really fast lol.

posted by  chris_knows

Yes there is way more to driving an automatic than we think. Using the L and 2 gears are crucial to getting off the line quicker:screwy: :screwy: Seriously you drive a 4 banger accord. Get over yourself here.

***kin right!

posted by  Spanky2324

WOW im just going to shut my mouth cause whatever i ficking says gets turned on me yes i will agree its easy to drive an automatic thats why they cost more and more than 3/4 of the population drives them but whatever yall are right im wrong i guess thats why im asking you

posted by  bigman101

For real?? Damn son!!! Joo dropped it like its hot!!

:banghead:

posted by  newyorker

Look, you come off as pretty cocky saying things like "I know how to drive" when people are criticizing you for doing about doublethe speed limit, ad to be honest you sound like you're staright out of Fast and Furious (not a good thing). The fact of the matter is that unless you've done some pretty extensive driver training, you do not know how to handle an out of control car at 120+mph.

The answer to your question has more or less been given. Basically TB spacers and rotors do nothing. You could probably fit both on doing some cutting, but Elmos stickers will more or less have the same effect on your car's performance.

And Chris...Only MarioKart counts as experience, everything else is just a game.

posted by  giant016

:stupid:

posted by  jedimario

I was crazy at Mario Kart for the Super Nintendo...But only in the 50cc class. 100cc was too fast, and those banana peels snuck up pretty fast.

posted by  chris_knows

I sucked at those kind of games. But being last always gave you the best power ups.

South Park Rally was a bloody good laugh.

posted by  fudge

Your Message