Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry

The two legends of reliability. Two extremely reliable and great family sedans. But which one is better? And this questions is just with the current models. Not including previous models. Personally, i prefer the accord, anyone disagree? if so, why? I would like to get you two cents. :2cents:

posted by  aerith

I'd go with the Accord myself, due to them being better known in the UK (there for I'm familliar with them), and they look nicer too..IMHO :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

by far.. THE ACCORD! accord looks nicer.. and also the accords are starting to look more sporty and more faster compared to the mid 90's. u can really see the difference, in the other hand.. the camry is lookin more and more cheesier.. they look like tha type of car a 40 year old mom would drive! but the camry seems like it has more interior room. the 2000's accords now.. they seem a lil cramp at the back due to its sporty touch.

its not like your going to sit in the back anywayz :laughing:

posted by  e.1999-BTNH

my dad owns a camry (which i drive whenever possible) and its awesome. id have to say my dad's 99 camry w/ everything cept moonroof and leather beats out my uncle's 01 accord with everything cept moonroof. Once again, its just a matter of preference, and im a little biased cuz i aint fond of that uncle much :thumbs:

posted by  importluva

Gotta go with wat ya got... I have a 99 Camry... it is like the most reliable car we have... pretty good over all... except for the 130 hp!! :banghead:
I vote for it...

posted by  StiMan

Accord....can't beat 240 hp in a better looking sedan. :laughing:

posted by  SuperJew

id have to choose the Euro R accord... probably the one cliffy is talking aboiut... because in america, its the TSX

posted by  mazda6man

These are the type we have in the UK now, I believe you guys have a different version?....this pic isn't an actual UK one though I dont think...I think it's a European version though :thumbs:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/417000-417999/417188_1_full .jpg

posted by  Cliffy

:stupid: :laughing:

posted by  lectroid

What I say?

posted by  Cliffy

Nothing, really :laughing: I think both vehicles are quite equal. Just an opinion, and everyone has one, just like an asshole. :mrgreen:MATE :thumbs:

posted by  lectroid

lol...phew, and there was me thinking I made a pratt out of myself lol...I was sure they were different...or maybe I'm thinking of something else. I just thought we had a similar discussion a while back..nevermind...*Reminds himself to add the meaning of the word 'Pratt' to his signature* :ohcrap:

posted by  Cliffy

Well. I'll just guess that pratt=ass or prick :orglaugh:

posted by  lectroid

Pretty much....check out my sig for the definitive...definition lol :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

:oops: Have been a Pratt all my life :laughing: Gotta hit the sack Mate, have to babysit tomorrow, or I should say today. 5 hours sleep is enough for anyone. :sleep:

posted by  lectroid

we have the Accord Euro here too, in North American that is. But its called the Acura TSX instead. And the type R is due to be released here this year i think. Probaly up the horsepower from 200 to 220.

posted by  aerith

thats kinda what i said... only in america, its going to be type S im sure, because we arent good enough for the R anymore (or so says are govt. it seems) darn emmissions!

posted by  mazda6man

I just found two images on Cardomain.com that show the Euro Accord and the US Accord as slightly different cars in terms of looks....only trouble is, I cant copy/Paste them over here...I'm on a different PC and there's no address bar like there usually is so I cant drag the link over..still, I'll do it when I'm back at work in a couple of days :hi:

By the way, Lectroid, it's good to see you're using the English accent to it's best.. :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

http://www.hondacars.com/models/exterior_gallery.asp?ModelName=Accord+Sedan

There ya go Cliffy. Thats the American Accord. I don't like it a bit styling wise when compared to the Euro Accord or Acura TSX in America. I think the American one looks a bit heavy and sluggish.

posted by  vwmaniac

hahah, what do you expect? Its a family car, lol :D But the V6 Coupe is pretty good, 240hp 2 door sedan, the curves are smooth and just looks damn good.

posted by  aerith

Yes, I guess the V6 Coupe does look better than the sedan. In my opinion it still looks quite heavy though. :hi:

posted by  vwmaniac

If your'e using Explorer, go to View, point to toolbars and click address bar. You can uncheck it before you leave the PC.

posted by  lectroid

Thanx Lectroid, but I decided to do it from work..much safer for me lol. And cheers for all those pics vwmaniac :thumbs:

US Accord
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/417000-417999/417791_8_full .jpg

European Accord
http://images.cardomain.com/member_images/9/web/417000-417999/417188_3_full .jpg

I know which one I'd chose....the Euro one :thumbs:

Sorry if they are too big..I just wanted to show you the two next to each other, at the same point of view :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

yeah... i like the euro one better too. I'm not a big honda fan as that goes anyway, but the euro accord has a better look to it at least. Is there any difference between the cars performance-wise, or is it just the body style that is changed?

posted by  JeffGodOfBiskut

I think the US version is available with a V6 engine, you guys also get the Coupe version, I think Honda stopped selling that in the UK though. The V6 used to only be available in the Coupe Accord, but I think it's available across the whole Accord range now. I also know that the biggest engine currently in the European Accord is the 2.4litre 4cylinder.

posted by  Cliffy

The Euro Accord = Acura TSX
(Sorry if someone already said that)
GO CAMRY!

posted by  StiMan

Your Message