95 Civic

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  95 Civic

im new to the forum and Im looking to buy a 1995 HONDA CIVIC. its an auto,with ac, cd player, sub woofers, custom lthr interior, Custom body kit, chamillion paint. Completely modified, 19" wheels, intake, sunroof, carbon hood, and he wants 5595 for it. and it has 109,000 miles is this bad? i attached a pic but i dont know if i done it right.

posted by  Hollywood

If you can stand to look at it and it's mechnically sound, it might not be too far off from a decent price.

posted by  jedimario

the parts are worth more than the car itself, and from the looks of it, it has probably been beat on. If reliability is important I would give it a thorough inspection or have a shop go over it. however, if you are just going for the looks, and it floats your boat, it sounds reasonable. Not my cup of tea, but whatever you like.

posted by  dvdrose18

yea i like it i just didnt know about the price and everything.

posted by  Hollywood

what you mean it looks like its been beat on?

posted by  Hollywood

looks like another F&F reject

if only the owner had flipped his visor for the audition!!!:banghead:

I wouldnt get it lol

posted by  newyorker

Yes... but your opinion doesn't count.
You don't even know what you would get.... hence the other thread.

posted by  windsonian

When a car is riced out like that I tend to think the driver probably pushed it, as in: accelerated hard, took corners fast, braked hard, etc. Typical teen driver. Probably pushed the car to its limits, especially considering it has an "intake". I also tend to think that automatic transmissions don't take kindly to continued beatings. I have no basis for this, it is just my opinion.
Now I am not saying that this is true for all cars like this, some people respect their rides, and that may be true of this car, as the paint looks clean, but you never know what is under a fresh coat of paint.

posted by  dvdrose18

ok thanks i thought you was talkin bout dent so i was lookin closer and i dont know but does these spots look like dents to anyone of is it just my mind? im thinkin it just the reflections but aint sure and i really like the car and dents would kill me

posted by  Hollywood

Here ya go, one problem with this car...i even boxed it for ya
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1308/civic1vi9.jpg

posted by  newyorker

For sure I wouldnt get that...wouldnt even be a second thought

posted by  newyorker

what makes you not like the car?

posted by  Hollywood

You also said for sure you wouldn't buy an American car.

"For sure I wouldn't......." should not be in your vocabulary, because you change your "definite opinion" so regularly it's rediculous.

posted by  windsonian

Don't listen to him. This is coming from a guy that has an exhaust that comes out from the side:screwy:

posted by  Spanky2324

Because its built with no taste or style, and those cars are usually driven by 16 year old highschool white boys who smoke pot and street race to fit in with the black kids. Expect the car to be badly abused and when/if you get pulled over, the officer is more than likely to find drugs in the car, even though they arent yours.

posted by  newyorker

"completely modified", yet the only performance mod is an intake? I don't think so.

The price seems like its in the market. That being said, I don't care how reliable Hondas are, over $5000 for a 13 year old Civic seems cookoobananas.

I don't like the car, and 3/4 people on the street will assume you're a dumb ricer, but if its what you want you probably won't find a much cheaper Civic with 100K on it.

PS-Those don't look like 19's. The car is small, and 19's on a small car should seem disporportionate. I'm just eyeballing though.

posted by  giant016

[QUOTE=giant016]"completely modified", yet the only performance mod is an intake? I don't think so.

The price seems like its in the market. That being said, I don't care how reliable Hondas are, over $5000 for a 13 year old Civic seems cookoobananas.

I don't like the car, and 3/4 people on the street will assume you're a dumb ricer, but if its what you want you probably won't find a much cheaper Civic with 100K on it.

QUOTE]

what you mean a dumb ricer? and you said with a 100k on it, does it have that much invested? i dont know what is all modified that is all the internet said. im going to today to look at the car and test drive it

posted by  Hollywood

Just stay away from the car is all I can advise. It looks horrible, and may have some mechanical problems as well. People that mod their cars that way usually drive them thinking its some kind of miracle sports car and in the end have parts that are on the verge of falling apart. You can find something much newer and nicer for the same price.

Example: I am selling my 2001 with 121k with a new clutch, suspension, valve adjustment, high quality stereo, and other little mods for 5000. The car you are looking at is older and looks like someone's nightmare

posted by  newyorker

Talk about stereotyping...:laughing:

I personally wouldn't touch such a car merely because the workmanship looks a bit [/i]tacky[i]. On the surface the price looks about right I guess, if a bit on the high side...But then I'm not familliar with what such cars sell for in the US.

posted by  Cliffy

So.... you drive like that..... or do you mysteriously break your own stereotype?

posted by  windsonian

I like it, it looks clean. $5k looks a bit steep for a Civic that age though but I guess the owner hopes that it goes for $4K max.

posted by  fudge

If you are just going for the looks, please do what you want. :clap:

posted by  thomasz

Your Message