Honda Civic EX or Toyota Corolla S?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Honda Civic EX or Toyota Corolla S?

Hey...I'm new here but just wanted some opinions on these two cars. I'm sure you get a ton of posts like this (I've already come across a few) but if anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it! I'm seriously looking into getting one of the two very soon, but am having a hard time deciding. Thought maybe some outside opinion or experience with either of these would help..thanks.

posted by  megg

I'd go with the Toyota, but hey, that's just me.

posted by  DodgeRida67

go for the Civic... :thumbs:

posted by  SuperJew

Have you seen the Scion tC... it's tight.

You might want to consider

posted by  inzbag

I too would suggest the civic, looks better imo. whats your budget?

posted by  importluva

budget--15 to 17,000 approx. the scion ts is interesting...looked up a bit of info on that.

posted by  megg

did you consider the mazda 3?

posted by  importluva

civix ex trash the motor get a b16 and turbo it..

posted by  talon_esi98

if u got that much dough and still wanna buy a ricer
y dont u look at somethin used
cuz then u would still have money left to soup it

posted by  nitehawk_87

go for the civic man

posted by  SilverCivicSi98

Well if ur planning to juice it up put body kits and race go wid the civic ex, otherwise go wid the carolla S.

personally, if i had the cash, id go for the mazda 3 or scion tc.

posted by  Ki2AY

thanks for the input...i got a civic. ciao.

posted by  megg

the corolla type s is very ...smooth...i drove it....the brakes are very sensitive.....accelerater also....i dont really know about the civic tho....what years on both of them?

posted by  HaVoC11

my personal opinion.. id get the toyota corolla S... everyone has a civic man.. and if racing isnt a factor to you.. jus go with the corolla... it looks much better anyways =)

posted by  Ki2AY

pleez dont become another wannabe
cruizin in ur honda with a schweet bodykit
but an engine thats crap
and only sounds loud cuz u bolted a drainpipe on
in place of the whole exhaust system
on the other hand if you go for the b16 swap
ur goin sumwhere

posted by  nitehawk_87

Keep in mind, there is only so much you can do with FWD.

posted by  abless

Please enlighten me as to your reasoning behind the turquoise part of the quote...

posted by  Cliffy

lol, Cliffy is out to find another victim.
But yea, whats so bad about a civic engine? :screwy:

posted by  importluva

peace

posted by  importluva

and for the record, i'm no wannabe. i've test driven both cars and at the beginning went towards the corolla because everyone does have a civic. so after a few months, i've become quite knowledgable on how each drives and performs. ;) there's a good reason why everyone has a civic...they're great cars. i'm out--see ya.

posted by  megg

i recon the civic better

posted by  xX-CaR-mAsTa-Xx

agree! :thumbs:

posted by  Ki2AY

yeh, me too, im not to found of the corolla ever sence they dropped the 4AGE motor (it was the best one) not to mention back in 88 when they made them FWD

posted by  mazda6man

but at the same time, i just remembered, the civics kinda suck now too. the Si civics are still pretty cool, but i dont like the body style as much as i used to, and with the "i Vtec" its kindof a let down

posted by  mazda6man

Definitly go with the Corolla S if you're looking for top class quality. If you're looking for a modular vehicle then I suggest you go with the EX.

posted by  Forum Security

he already got a civic

posted by  mazda6man

OOps. :oops: :oops: never knew that.

posted by  Forum Security

LOL..I didn't notice this reply untill now.....I'm always lookin' for victims...and I'm just about to pounce on another...which is why I found this thread again...you'll see lol... :banghead:

posted by  Cliffy

Personally id save my money and buy a scooter because u'd go faster. I tell ya man...u should aim for somethin with a bit of class...not a carolla hahahahahahhah tru tho...if u bought it ud have to be careful...they a have a lot of power...not to mention torque....pfft yeh right :screwy:

posted by  bigv8

QUIT BASHING ON IMPORTS!

what is your problem with them?

posted by  Godlaus

Your Message