420a rebuild (completely re-done)

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  420a rebuild (completely re-done)

Ok, so I need to rebuild the motor of my 96 GS Eclipse. It has a turbo on it though. Its a candy green showcar and has now been parked for like 6 months and Im ready to get it running again. I am looking to rebuild it to hold a turbo pushing preferably 12-15 psi, and capable of being driven daily. I dont know where or how to begin to look for parts though. Can someone please point me into the right direction as to maybe a rebuild kit that can hold 12-15 psi or maybe all individual parts so that I can make this thing into a monster. Also, is there a website that already sells 420a's that are rebuilt, turbo ready, because it would be a lot easier to just do that. This would be such a great help.

Does anyone know of some pretty good turbo kits (including intercooler)

Dustin Stephenson

posted by  St3v3-O

Sell your beautiful "show" car and buy a Eclipse with a 4G63:wink2:

posted by  Spanky2324

Word:thumbs:

posted by  DARKtEAGLE

http://www.modernperformance.com/index.php?cPath=230_235&osCsid=4caa292c49b dc35c3847ff5eee323dea

edit: this should be in domestic section because you have a neon

posted by  newyorker

haha i cant believe it was actually moved

posted by  newyorker

A DSM thread moved into domestics? Who woulda thought we could get that recognition:smoke:

posted by  Spanky2324

*Sticks hand in air*

My fault....I assumed you were being serious as I hadn't read the thread (due to me not knowing anything about engine types...). That's the last time I trust you!...I am still somewhat confused about where the Neon came in to the equation though.... :laughing:

*Moves back*

posted by  Cliffy

Neon came into the equation due to Neons and the Non turbo eclipses both having the 420a motor. So those two cars had interchangeable parts inbetween them. Now make up your mind Cliffy:laughing: :wink2:

posted by  Spanky2324

Well technically I was, the motor is a Domestic one stuck into an import.....so technically for his question its a domestic one LOL

wanna move it again? Now that it matters, i dont think hes coming back.

I just couldnt believe you actually listened to me but I WAS being serious. haha...OWNED!

posted by  newyorker

Knobhead. :laughing:

posted by  Cliffy

Gonna move it or what? :orglaugh:

posted by  newyorker

I honestly don't understand why he would want to turbo the n/a engine anyway. Thats kinda like buying the gs, rs, or gs-t and wanting to make it AWD. If the turbo is what you want why not get it to begin with?

posted by  EPerkins

Your Message