Lower my '01 Civic

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Lower my '01 Civic

Hey, I'm kinda new to modifying and I was wondering what exactly I would need to lower my '01 Civic without breaking the bank. Any advice is welcome. Keep in mind I probably cant spend more than $600 right now.

posted by  jWESTFOO

I had mine lowered on the following

Tokico HP struts
Neuspeed Sport Springs
SPC Camber Kit all around

posted by  newyorker

What you need exactly is new struts and coil springs. If you want to take the cheap route just buy an adjustable coil spring setup and use the original struts but I'd reccomend from personal experience to get the hole strut and coil over set. With the adjustables you can set exactly where you want the car to sit and if you go too low or don't like the ride (especially over bumps/pot holes etc.) you can raise it back up. As far as tools the only thing you'll need as far as specialty is a spring compressor, but there's ways around it. I've found if you drop the adjustment as low as it'll go you wont need to compress the spring to get the top cup off. Obviously if you're going to reuse your struts you'll need the compressor to get the stock springs off.
Also as mentioned before a camber kit would be nice. I didn't get one for my acura when I lowered it which created uneven tire wear, but I would recommend it if you want to do it right.

posted by  DBain

Hey thanks. Are there any reliable struts/springs that I could get for around $600, or any that you could recommend?

posted by  jWESTFOO

I already gave you a list.

posted by  newyorker

Thanks.

posted by  jWESTFOO

$600 should pretty much cover whatever you want. I don't remember what I had when I first lowered my car. Now I've got KYBs and they seem to handle very well.

posted by  DBain

KYB AGX and Tokico HP are pretty much the same thing in different colors :laughing:

posted by  newyorker

No shit. Is there a price difference between them? I think my KYBs were listed for like $80/ea for the strut alone. I got them for around $55 w/ my discount.

posted by  DBain

Your Message