Should I add performance mods to an AT car?

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Should I add performance mods to an AT car?

I have a 1984 Prelude (bhp on this thing is 100@5500 = sad, but nice for '84), and was wondering if I should add some performance mods to it. I'll have it for quite a while (my first car), and would like to get as much out of it as I can. But... It's an automatic... :(

Think I should?

posted by  Rabbit

I think you should use the intro section first...always nice to introduce yaself! :thumbs:

posted by  Cliffy

1) Yes introduce yourself
2) I have a AT Camry and if I could I would most certainly supe it up... why not? It is what you got and if you want to have fun with it.... do something...

posted by  StiMan

do it, you have nothing to lose. just add bolt-ons, not sure if that engine can handle f/i tho.

posted by  importluva

Preludes are pretty sporty lookin cars... do it...

posted by  StiMan

Alright, so, I'm gonna try to do as much to it as I can. First off - won't be performance - but I'll light up the Prelude lettering in the rear between the two reverse lights. Found instructions on preludepower.com (as well as many other sites). Maybe I'll even take out the rear seats (very highly doubt that, as I carry many people, obviously, for a teen). I'll be looking into a new air box, though I don't know much about it. Hell, I don't know much about modifications... Meh.

posted by  Rabbit

Get neon, lower it, get some tight rear lights... etc... AND BE SURE NOT TO PUT A SPOILER... THOSE LOOK STUPID ON PRELUDES...

posted by  StiMan

Definately no spoiler. Even the smaller ones look pretty dumb. Neons, dropping it, and getting lights... Sounds a little ricey. But, I planned on the rear lights (as well as lighting up the rear Prelude lettering) and all-red rear lights. Lowering... I dunno. It's pretty damn low...

posted by  Rabbit

i thought every one drove trucks and beat up GM cars in ID.

posted by  cinqyg

look for parts you can swap from late 80s and early 90s preludes

posted by  importluva

Nope. There's more Imports here than Domestics. Damn proud of it too. :D I grew up in souther California, so, living up here isn't the same; but it'll do for now. There's actually quite a few street racers up here. Pretty glad to have found that out.

posted by  Rabbit

well two performance mods you could conssider is a tranny switch or drop a new engine in
although theyre both a lot of work

posted by  nitehawk_87

Your Message