Mazda's next project

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Mazda's next project

What should mazda be producing next

posted by  nitehawk_87

A faster Sports-Car.. the RX-8 is nice but lets face it, it isnt that fast (Comparable to M3's, AMG's, Corvette's, Vipers, etc.) :2cents:

A guy I know can beat out RX-8's with his MX-3, true he does have the KLZE engine, but still...

EDIT: Didnt see the Poll, maybe an RX-8 turbo would be an idea :thumbs:

posted by  mazdaspeed

well hopefully a mazdaspeed RX-8 would be turbocharged

posted by  nitehawk_87

I voted for a redesigned RX-7....I think Mazda could do with another high performanvr car! :thumbs:

By the way, I read in a magazine that Mazda's next MX-5 or Maita, as it's known as everywhere except Europe, will have the same front end as the current RX-8, and may even share it's rotary engine! :hi:

posted by  Cliffy

mazda could be goin sumwhere with a rotary miata
i wouldnt mind a protege coupe though

posted by  nitehawk_87

I don't think the RX-8 is supposed to be compared to M3's, AMG's, COrvette's, or Vipers. Have you looked at the price different lately?

posted by  abless

although a new rx7 is farfetched, it would be nice to have it compete with cobras, evo, sti, 350z, etc.

posted by  importluva

no new RX7, just bring back the RX7... and as for the miata, theyre coming out with a turbo miata i hear

posted by  mazda6man

Thats precisely my point.. Mazda needs to make something the CAN be compared to those cars.

posted by  mazdaspeed

i think the rx7 came the closest to that

posted by  mazda6man

What about the Miataspeed? That's got a turbo.

posted by  abless

ummm, am I the only person to notice that on the poll, it says Mazdaspeed versions of the Sentra, Maxima, and Altima? Am i on drugs, or arent those cars Nissan? The RX-7 FD is a great car, but too bad the Rotary engine in that things has ALOT of problems. The RX-8's rotary is supposedly more reliable, but no one has owned one long enough to actually comment on the reliability of it. And plus Rotary engines have a smaller list of aftermarked parts. The RX-7 is a very balanced car, great for drifting, but i wouldnt want to race the skyline or evo in a race. The RX-7 doesnt hold a candle in the handling department compared to the Skyline r34 and the evo5-8. Anyways, thats my :2cents:

posted by  aerith

LOL....I overlooked that part as I went straight for the RX-7... :screwy:

posted by  Cliffy

oh, i might be a little behind on the news...

and as for the nissan deal in this... i noticed it, but i figured he was thinking about a version of a nissan car, not an actual nissan car... or he might just be dumbfounded

posted by  mazda6man

Yea, I think he meant the equivilent of the mazda speed versions i.e.- Turbos, better suspension, body kit, etc.

posted by  abless

mm, Your comments are interesting, but uninformed or should I say speculative at the least. The RX-7 FD compared to the RX-8 is inappropriate due to the lack of a turbo. The twin turbo and apex seals provided the RX-7 its list of issues. Now if you went to a single turbo and changed the apex seals the car became very reliable. The list of aftermarket parts is larger than you realize… do some research. Did you know that you can have the RX-8 modified and a turbo added? This was available 3 months after the car was released to the public! Also, the RX-7 is neither balanced front to back nor left to right without relocating your battery and a few other changes. I don’t even think it is possible for front to back. This actually what make for an excellent drifting vehicle? I have yet to see any skyline or evo (a joke) win any sanction race in any competition published in any magazine ever. Please FYI me if you have…….. please…lmao

posted by  lavantor

mm, Your comments are interesting, but uninformed or should I say speculative at the least. The RX-7 FD compared to the RX-8 is inappropriate due to the lack of a turbo. The twin turbo and apex seals provided the RX-7 its list of issues. Now if you went to a single turbo and changed the apex seals the car became very reliable. The list of aftermarket parts is larger than you realize… do some research. Did you know that you can have the RX-8 modified and a turbo added? This was available 3 months after the car was released to the public! Also, the RX-7 is neither balanced front to back nor left to right without relocating your battery and a few other changes. I don’t even think it is possible for front to back. This actually what make for an excellent drifting vehicle? I have yet to see any skyline or evo (a joke) win any sanction race in any competition published in any magazine ever. Please FYI me if you have…….. please…lmao

posted by  lavantor

Your Message