Hooking Up..

Home  \  Asian Imports  \  Hooking Up..

hey everyone.. where is a good message board to talk about your car that you have done some nice stuff to it? ok its an domestic car... but there are way too many hondas hooked up out there... gotta find a car that a lot of people dont expect to beat in street racing.. or just for looks...

chika

posted by  CHIKA

buy a old turbo and soup it up, like a daytona or svo, and make it look standard

posted by  RichG

hey there.. thanks for the tip.. a daytona seems to be pretty good.. whats a good yr for them?

posted by  CHIKA

well sorry for the terms.. "hooked up" done up.. whatever ya wanna call it.. Cuz I am A Chick!

posted by  CHIKA

I dunno? but I would get like a 86 svo, or maybe even a 85 t-bird turbocoupe

posted by  RichG

what the bloody hell is hooked up..
Only hooked up term I've heard is with a chick :)

posted by  57ock

how about a turbo'd Pinto

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

I would go with a 86'sh SVO Mustang. They dont look like much except to the occasional mustang enthusiast but they have potential.

I sorta have a sleeper because most people think I have a regular old Mustang. In fact, to the untrained eye, my car doesn't look like a GT and may even look like a V6. I've surprised many Camaro ss's and the occasional Corvette Z06 when I pull away at WOT....Not that those are bad cars!

They usually pull up to me and when I take off they go from 8) to 8O

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

I dont know much about stangs. I liked their looks before they changed their body style. not to sure what an 86 svo stang looks like. got a pick? my hubby had a 99 camaro, he did it up with performance.. i got myself a taurus and i did that up with audio, looks pretty good. but now i am looking for a little project car that wont cost too much.. camaro parts were too much money! :D

posted by  CHIKA

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/239000-239999/239566_80.jpg

posted by  RichG

not too bad for an older car.. wacha think they'd be price off with?

posted by  CHIKA

their expensive because they are rare, a good one will run you at least 5 grand or more

posted by  RichG

KERWIN,
Wustangs????I'd be careful about flaming cars and makes/models because there's always a faster car. I dont doubt that your SER is fast and stomps on Mustangs. Mustangs are not exactly the bench mark for fast cars...far from it. I like and respect all cars because every customized car is unique and has their +'s and -'s. I'm a car enthusiast and it just happens that my car of choice is an 03 Cobra. I also like Camaro's, Supra's, Skylines, and some Honda's...basically all nice cars. Hell, I even like Gremlins. If I had the money, I'd have a garage full of different cars but for my stage in life, the Cobra suits my performance and personal needs. If I win the Lotto, that's a different story.

In fact, I happen to like SER's since a co-worker has an 03 with many bolt on's. For the money, they are hard to beat. On that note, what kind of numbers is your SER putting out? I'd like to tell my co-worker about it. It sounds pretty potent.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

IS ALL ABOUT IMPORTS I HAVE A NISSAN SE-R 1991 TURBO,HEADERS,INTERCOLLER.ALL WEEK I BEAT WUSTANGS IN EAST L.A 8) 8) 8)

posted by  KERWIN

COOL I RESPECT THAT AND ABOUT THAT SE-R IM DOING 13 QUARTER MILE KIND OF FAST DONT U THIK ..BUT I NEED FASTER IM GOING FOR A SR-20 IN MY HOOD THE FASTER THE BETTER THATS WHAT I THINK WHAT DOES THE 03 SE-R
DO ?KNOW IM HONDERING IF IM FAST ENOUGH....A COBRA THATS A NICE CAR ALSO THE SALINE I CANT BIT THAT WISH I DID THOW.... 8) 8) 8) 8)

posted by  KERWIN

I'm not sure what the 03 SER does but my co-worker has headers, intake, exhaust, lowered 2" w/ coil-overs, 18" wheels, an NX kit with a 75 shot, and a few other cosmetic stuff. It's not all riced out and looks clean.

13's is pretty damn fast...no wonder you regularly take out Mustangs. Stock and slightly modded Mustangs do low 14's with lightly modded ones dipping into the high 13's. I bet they go :? when you keep up and go 8O when you pass them.

As for the 03 Cobra's that's a whole different ball game. I get similar reactions as above when I play with ZO6's.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

I ONLY HAVE COILOVERS AND 18'' IN THE BACK TIERS HEY I HAVE A ? HOW CAN LOAD A PIC ON A REPLY I WANT U TO SEE MY ENGINE !!!

posted by  KERWIN

Click on "Add Reply" then click "add attachement"....Here's a pic I put together of my 03. BTW, DUB stands for Dial-Ur-Boost. It's a pulley set that let's you dial in your boost. I have it set to 13 psi.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

wacha people think about air bags in the suspension??

posted by  CHIKA

CHECK THIS OUT

posted by  KERWIN

KERWIN,

That's some serious $hit! NICE WORK!!! What Turbo is that? It's looks like it can pump some serious psi.

As far as airbag suspension, I have no experience in that area but I hear that they are ok and convenient for adjusting.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

stage 5 kool huh! cost alot too......but like i said all my work money goes in my engine !!!!!!

posted by  KERWIN

"Cool?" is an understatement.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

what kind of car do u have ? and about that hunny chika halla at me !

posted by  KERWIN

KERWIN,

Are you asking me or CHIKA?

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

IM ASKING YOU DUOG!!!!

posted by  KERWIN

:D Sorry!

I drive a 2003 Cobra...ya know, the blown variety! Have you heard of them lately?

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

KOOL PUT A PIC UP SO I CAN SEE ! 8)

posted by  KERWIN

Scroll up to the pic that I posted right before you posted your pic.

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

hey kerwin.. its chika... go holla at yo self foo! lol..

posted by  Sweetz

COBRA, NICE CAR DOG !

posted by  KERWIN

this is the second time you have mentioned your car, well maybe more but i havnet been here long and both times you type in all caps, your posts are vague. i doubt you even have a car and id advise you to shut up before you make yourself look even stupider.

and i doubt thats even a picture of your cars engine if you have one. because your so vague in your responses and you "puprosly" spell shit wrong its easy to spot that. Why not give us some details of the stuff under the hood, and some other information even a picture of you waving next to your car hu? what do you think

posted by  Arthur

Hey -new Member- but i was reading this and you just start bashing away cause he usues caps lock... man it dosent matter, he has an ausome car, as i can tell form the engine pic (n thats almost ll that matters) so lay off, and by the way, "stupider" isnt a word 8)

posted by  Advanced6464

Well I can agree with the spirit of your post, but then "usues", "dosent", "ausome", "n", "ll" aren't in my dictionary. Point is, well maybe you get the point.

posted by  vwhobo

Would someone please tell me what this jackass is talking about? I wasn't responding to him or saying anything about him. As a matter of fact I was agreeing with Advanced6464, so how was he getting his back and I wasn't? I guess if I grew up with a name like "Kerwin" I'd be pissed of at the world too.
And if you'd like respect try forming complete sentences and go back to forth grade spelling class.

posted by  vwhobo

FIRST OF ALL BOY YOU DONT KNOW SHIT, SECOND OF ALL SON WHERE THE HELL DO YOU GET A NAME LIKE HOBO ARE YOU BEGING... SON SOME ONE NEEDS TO TEACH YOU A LESSON AND JUST TO SHUT YOU UP SON I GOT STAGE 5 TURBO DONT MATTER IF YOU DON'T BELIVE ME I KNOW I GO THIS SHIT......... AND ADVANCED6464 THANK'S DOG FOR GETHING MY BACK IS JUST THAT HOBOS LIKE THAT DONT DESERVE ANY RESPECT...:rolleyes:

posted by  KERWIN

KERWIN,

I wouldn't sweat it....If people don't want to believe it, that's their problem. To believe or not to believe is not why I (and most people) go to these forums. I, personally, go to these forums to see cars like yours and to learn about the things you've done. Dont mind the "Trolls" who question everything we post. They just get a kick out of getting you fired up.

On that note, do you have anything new on your ride? I cant wait for your next mod. Good luck!!

posted by  2k3SVTCobra

Look man you say you own this and that with this and that done to it, yet you talk in caps use incomplete sentences and cant spell worth a shit. Why dont you show us a picture of you standing next to your nissan parked on the street with you waving at the camera. but you know what, i have met many a punk who think they own this and that and brag how they can go this fast bla bla bla. but until you show real proof sit down and shut up, Hell i bet you arent older than 18.

posted by  Arthur

stage 5 turbo hu? maybe give me a link to the website that sells that turbo lol

posted by  Arthur

Weeeee look at him discredit himself!!!!!!!

posted by  Arthur

:mrgreen: wow, it was at the bottom of the list, cool... I have to much free time on my hands.

posted by  Slapshot

You are really getting on my nerves.........

posted by  99integra

Ditto :banghead:

posted by  chris_knows

Retard

posted by  Oomba

So, what's going on here??? :screwy:

posted by  windsonian

This thread's from 2003!

posted by  elchango36

hahahaha... u guys r funny! sorry

posted by  Slapshot

dude, are f***ing stoned?? :doh: